starting strength gym
Page 81 of 182 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181 ... LastLast

Thread: John Petrizzo's Training Log

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by John Petrizzo View Post
    Andy, I hate to disagree with you but it is clear from your video that you are merely using a Yoga Mat on your bench, while I use Dr. Petrizzo's patented Bench-O-Matic. Completely different.
    I foolishly made the mistake of confusing the two last night, and Dr. Petreeeezo immediately set the record straight. In fact, he pulled a Dr. Petreeeezo's patented Bench-O-Matic out of his pocket, right there on the spot, and it increased my bench by 132% on the very first rep. No warmups necessary!! For just three easy payments of $29.95, it's the best investment in your training you can possibly make!

That mat really works, today I tried it, my shoulders stopped sliding on the bench but this time the bench itself was sliding on the floor, need more mats.

Brodie Butland is offline Starting Strength Coach
    Consigliere

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post
    I foolishly made the mistake of confusing the two last night, and Dr. Petreeeezo immediately set the record straight. In fact, he pulled a Dr. Petreeeezo's patented Bench-O-Matic out of his pocket, right there on the spot, and it increased my bench by 132% on the very first rep. No warmups necessary!! For just three easy payments of $29.95, it's the best investment in your training you can possibly make!

He weighs 160 but benches 410!

Trainers HATE him!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post

Perhaps we can package a deal including my patented Bench-O-Matic and your exorbitantly priced e-books, Wolf.

6/2

Back to regular training after a week in Florida for the ACSM National Conference. I was worried that my attendance at such a conference would immediately drain my strength. Fortunately, things went okay today.

Bench - 45x20, 135x5, 185x3, 225x3, 275x2, 295x1, 315x1, 330x4, 300x6, 4
    Chins - BWx11, 10, 9

Good training day. I was really happy with how bench felt. I started working on my pauses during my warm-ups. Over the next several weeks I will begin hitting a heavy paused single or two before my top set for reps.

Here is a video of 330. Watch with the volume on if you want to hear Rori at her most psychotic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3tJbai6cXE

LOL Rori. Awesome. We have to train together soon guys!

What, they don't have gyms in Florida?

Watched at work with no volume....but I could totally see Rori's look after you completed the last rep. It was like, "I am pleased by your performance." Priceless!

LOL it was more like, "You get this rep or I'll punch you in the ovaries!"

Good stuff : )

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne_KONG_Wint View Post
    Watched at work with no volume....but I could totally see Rori's look after you completed the last rep. It was like, "I am pleased by your performance." Priceless!
    LOL DWAYNE I think I was actually just laughing at how embarrassing I am.

starting strength coach development program
    I'm so weird