starting strength gym
Page 41 of 63 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: Nick's Silly Bullshit

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Good luck, Nick.

Hi Everyone,

I know some people are going to be watching the live stream of the meet to see Nick lift. Nick's flight is scheduled to begin at 8:30, but I heard from him and he said he may not lift until closer to midnight.

*Just heard from Wolf, it looks like Nick will be starting at 8:30 central time after all*
    Last edited by John Petrizzo; 12-06-2013 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Correction

Thanks John. Watching now. Go Nick!

Was that Nick that just missed (3rd attempt, 131 I believe) on platform 1? I don't know which feed I'm supposed to view.

Platform 2 peeps.

Thanks Dwayne. Tuned in just in time to see him miss the snatch in front. Man he PULLED that sucker high.

Hey everyone, sorry it took so long for me to update but I was stuck in Texas and had my computer at home. The last week has been a very interesting one, full of many obstacles. I want to thank everyone that watched me on the live stream, I really appreciate the support. The meet went as follows:

Snatch 130, 136x, 136x
    Clean and Jerk 165x, 173x

On the snatches my left adductor was still bothering me making it very hard to commit to hitting a deep split position. Ended up tearing my right rectus femoris on the 173 clean. This is on the opposite leg of the adductor. There was swelling but no bruising, and I have already started the rehab. I'm hoping to be training seriously again in 2-3 weeks. On tuesday before the meet I started feeling under the weather, and wednesday I was diagnosed with a double ear infection and a sinus infection. Travel, as many of you who watched the news this week know, was brutal. My family and John were unable to make it to the meet due to flight cancelations. On thursday I arrived at LGA at 730am and checked in to the hotel in dallas after 1030pm. Thankfully Wolf, against all odds, made it to dallas by friday afternoon and did a phenomenal job handling me at the meet. I have a video of the 130 snatch I will post later today. I want to thank everyone again for their support and hopefully next meet I will be able to crush it and hit some nice big PR's.

Nick, thanks for the update. As I said on the PM, I could tell you hurt the leg as soon as you started to walk off. I can related since I tore my hamstring in May at my competition on the opposite leg of the one where I have problems with my adductor. Let's see, can we come up with any common denominators between your incident and mine?? Recall the stories from the SSCA!

You couldn't have had worse conditions than what you ran into for your trip. Next time will be a piece of cake in comparison. I'm sure your rehab will go well and look forward to seeing you back to normal in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Palmer View Post
    Let's see, can we come up with any common denominators between your incident and mine?? Recall the stories from the SSCA!
    I think I know where you're going with this, Walter, and I'm not sure I like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Palmer View Post
    You couldn't have had worse conditions than what you ran into for your trip. Next time will be a piece of cake in comparison. I'm sure your rehab will go well and look forward to seeing you back to normal in no time.
    Couldn't agree more. The way Nick wrote it so casually belies how difficult the conditions truly were. A pulled adductor. A pretty big hit of an illness - Nick was coughing and blowing his nose all weekend. A 16 hour travel day, the day before the meet. The stress of worrying whether ANYONE was going to show up to be able to handle you and/or cheer you on.

All things considered, you really did well even though you did not total. Despite the nearly worst possible conditions, you hit a snatch that less than 3 months ago would have been a PR, and you did so without being on point with your form on that rep. You nearly saved 136. Your 165 was easy, with just a small technical error that red lit it.

I don't see anything short of a Wolf-like injury run stopping you from qualifying for Nationals. And a 330 or so total at Nationals wouldn't surprise me at all.

Peanut Gallery - if you want to REALLY hear some stories, ask about the drive from Dallas to Wichita Falls on Saturday.

starting strength coach development program
    Nick could not have faced worse possible conditions in which to compete in. Nick, you should be proud of the effort that you gave. Wolf is right, next year you will be at Nationals and barring another unforeseen natural disaster, I will be there in person to see it.

Page 41 of 63 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast