starting strength gym
Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Nick's Silly Bullshit

Default Nick's Silly Bullshit

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    That sucks Nick. Best wishes for a speedy recovery

An interesting story this is, good luck.

Thanks everybody I appreciate the support. Im going to use the Starr Protocol starting friday or saturday. Good news is that it's definitely a grade 1. I have no bruising just some swelling and pain. Im hoping to be at 100% in less than 2 weeks.

Sucks about the pec. Mirin lifts hard though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Ward View Post
    This sucks. How long did the 2nd Degree take to heal? How long do you expect this to take? Are you planning on using the Starr Rehab protocol?
    In case you missed it...you answered the second part, but not the first...or did I miss it?

My bad Mac. The the severe grade 2/ near rupture took me 11 months to reach previous numbers. 5 of those months were spent doing very silly exercises with a physical therapist. At the time when I was working back up I was very afraid of it tearing again and was associating the breaking up of the scar tissue with injuring it again. It should have never taken that long. Also wasn't aware of the Starr protocol. Hopes are very up right now, pain is very minimal this morning. Tomorrow night I'm starting the protocol.

Damn Nick, that sucks. Hopefully recovery will be quick. Let's be honest though - you did 435x5x3 and it felt light. Freakin light!!! You're going to be hitting some really good numbers really soon. I also send a strong vote for you to get together with Josh for some olympic lifting work. You have great explosive genetics, it would be very cool to see what you could do with them on the platform.

Nick, you sexy beast. Injuries tend to be your Bane. But I guess something can be said for 1/1000000 genetic neuromuscular power capabilities and the mistake of going overboard. As we've discussed before, I honestly think it's not your fault. Similar to how people can tap into super human strength (technically power) in life threatening situations to protect themselves or loved ones. You have the ability to unleash this power at will when your brain tells your body to hit a PR. #superherosarereal?

Good news guys the pec is feeling great. I started the starr rehab protocol friday and ended with 135x20 yesterday on bench. Was feeling good so I decided to get a light workout in with JP.

12/6
    Squat
    45x10x2, 135x5, 225x5, 275x3, 315x2, 365x5
    Press 45x10, 95x5, 125x3, 155x2, 175x5x2 these felt like warmups
    Chin up 2 sets of 6 reps surprisingly the only exercise that bothered my pec
    Pushup 3 sets of 20 reps

Plan is to continue to ramp the bench daily and start implementing back everything else. Saturday I'm planning to go to 405 for a couple of sets on squat. If everything goes as planned hopefully ill be back to full blown LP by the end of next week.

starting strength coach development program
    Good to hear.

Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast