starting strength gym
Page 123 of 187 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133173 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 1870

Thread: Stuffed Superdud: Bumpy road to respectable lifting

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I think they were worried about different things - swearing angry teenagers doesn't cut it so much in this day and age.

Neither does demons, I guess? Is this the movie that started the Catholic-priest-solves-problem trope? Seems like we've now moved into subverting it with the part where the priest doesn't have the answers like he used to.

I did:
    Squat:
    20kg x10
    60x8
    100x5
    130x3
    150x2
    160x2
    170x2
    180x2
    185x2 2RM PR?
    Not a reeeal PR, in that I've done 184 (AKA 405) for 3 once or twice, but everything heavier than that has only been singles. The 2nd rep was kind of ugly so I cut it off here.

Snatch balance:
    40kgx3x3 but my wrist acted up a bit so I cut it off.

Snatch pulls:
    40x5
    80x5
    110x5
    120x5x2

Went to a gay meetup by accident. Stayed the whole time anyway. It was fine.
    Last edited by stuffedsuperdud; 11-01-2016 at 11:40 PM.

Went in today with really hot elbows and wrists. Mobbed the fudge out of my butthole and then I did:

Jerk progression with 40kg

Clean + jerk 1+2
    40x1
    50x1
    60x1
    70x1
    80x1
    90x1

CJ
    100x1
    110x1

Clean pulls:
    130x3
    140x3
    150x3

Everything hurts. Should probably take better care of myself outside the gym.

10/10 couldn't possibly be more stoked about this. Especially love how they have her brawling around a room like in the Batman Arkham Asylum games instead of doing some sort of kung fu as you'd expect from a utopian goddess. And Lucy Davis is one of the most underrated ladies in showbiz; great to see her getting some screentime. Where does one find a woman like this?
    Last edited by stuffedsuperdud; 11-04-2016 at 08:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mgilchrest View Post
    Wonder Woman will suck. That is my fear.
    They neutered her in the comics. Her lasso used to be more of a lasso of submission than truth. And used to be way more bondage.

Quote Originally Posted by stuffedsuperdud View Post

?
    should (/looks to) be good, but like Gilchrest said, they'll probably fuck it up

Does anyone think Rogue 1 might have the potential to be the best Star Wars movie ever?

. . . which would be sorta funny: Because, I'm guessing No Jedi, force bullshit (in the way of making things float, etc) . . .
    I guess what I'm trying to say, funny the movie that has the least in common with the seven other movies (no father/son/Jedi conflict thing) will probably be the best one.

Just kinda of a good ol' war movie, select recon team rag-tag whatevers takes on a suicide mission.

. . . and I bet a lot of main characters will die, if not all.

__________________________________________________ ______________

the above are only my hopes though, I fear that I'll be sadly disappointed. . . .again.
    Last edited by MBasic; 11-04-2016 at 08:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MBasic View Post
    Does anyone think Rogue 1 might have the potential to be the best Star Wars movie ever?

. . . which would be sorta funny: Because, I'm guessing No Jedi, force bullshit (in the way of making things float, etc) . . .
    I guess what I'm trying to say, funny the movie that has the least in common with the seven other movies (no father/son/Jedi conflict thing) will probably be the best one.

Just kinda of a good ol' war movie, select recon team rag-tag whatevers takes on a suicide mission.

. . . and I bet a lot of main characters will die, if not all.

I'm pretty excited about Rogue 1. I actually thought Abrams did a good job with 7, but maybe I'm alone on that one.

Oh I liked Force Awakens just fine, but it was deliberately predictable, and I had already seen that movie, when I was eleven. And quite frankly, at this point, Jedi wizardry is good and all but since I am no longer eleven, I'm much more interested in human (not necessarily literally) stories that just happen to take place in the Star Wars universe. Which brings us to this dirty dozen: I'm kind of hoping it'll be like the Commandos series of video games, only with blasters. This actually gets at a problem that I've always had with the Rebel Alliance as depicted in the Episodes 4-6: they look like a full-blown conventional military force for most of the trilogy, complete with fighter jets. How ridiculous is that? Yes yes, I get that things like X- and Y-wings, with their shields and hyperdrives, are not supposed to be compared against expendable TIE fighters but to whole Star Destroyers, and in that regard they're definitely a guerilla tool vastly outclassed by actual capital ships, but they're still jets! I mean, can you imagine if ISIS showed up with old F-4 Phantoms or something? For the other side, is it wrong to sort of root for the Stormtroopers? Maybe with Jedi and Ewoks out of the equation we can finally see them for the elite infantry force that they're supposed to be. We got a taste of it in Force Awakens, but raiding a village hardly counts as a demonstration of their capabilities, and once they had to go up against actual heroes, Chewie killed them all, so...

Me: "I hope the movie ends with them handing the plans off to Princess Leia or something."
    CG: "Oh cool. So this is about Leia's mom and dad?"
    Me: ".......................I was there when you saw all six movies. Leia's parents are Natalie Portman and Darth Vader."
    CG: "Oh yea...."

Oh I liked Force Awakens just fine, but it was deliberately predictable, and I had already seen that movie, when I was eleven. And quite frankly, at this point, Jedi wizardry is good and all but since I am no longer eleven, I'm much more interested in human (not necessarily literally) stories that just happen to take place in the Star Wars universe. Which brings us to this dirty dozen: I'm kind of hoping it'll be like the Commandos series of video games, only with blasters. This actually gets at a problem that I've always had with the Rebel Alliance as depicted in the Episodes 4-6: they look like a full-blown conventional military force for most of the trilogy, complete with fighter jets. How ridiculous is that? Yes yes, I get that things like X- and Y-wings, with their shields and hyperdrives, are not supposed to be compared against expendable TIE fighters but to whole Star Destroyers, and in that regard they're definitely a guerilla tool vastly outclassed by actual capital ships, but they're still jets! I mean, can you imagine if ISIS showed up with old F-4 Phantoms or something? For the other side, is it wrong to sort of root for the Stormtroopers? Maybe with Jedi and Ewoks out of the equation we can finally see them for the elite infantry force that they're supposed to be. We got a taste of it in Force Awakens, but raiding a village hardly counts as a demonstration of their capabilities, and once they had to go up against actual heroes, Chewie killed them all, so...

Me: "I hope the movie ends with them handing the plans off to Princess Leia or something."
    CG: "Oh cool. So this is about Leia's mom and dad?"
    Me: ".......................I was there when you saw all six movies. Leia's parents are Natalie Portman and Darth Vader."
    CG: "Oh yea...."
    I think you just said the rebels are the terrorists.

Now THAT would be interesting. Usually rebel armies are bad news, right? Red berets, child soldiers, blood diamonds, etc, right? I get that the Rebel Alliance is really more Free France than Taliban, but are there really no civilian casualties when they intercept Imperial convoy s? Heck, what if they had to resort to using mercenary assholes outright? How about a movie where a bunch of marauding Corellian pirates wreak havoc on locals, but Mon Mothma looks the other way because they kill stormtroopers in brutal fashion, leading to a crisis of conscience during which Bail Organa throws his whiskey into a fire and yells about living long enough to become the villain?

Training:
    Went in knowing it was going to be messy, as I definitely haven't been doing all the things recovery-wise I need to keep the hot streak going. Low sleep, even lower protein, high stress. Plus kind of hung over...heh...because Balvenie is good. Made my bed and now have to sleep on it...

Snatch:
    40kgx3
    50x3
    60x3
    70x2
    80x1
    90x1
    95x0,1
    99x0,0

The first 95 was a bad miss behind, but the second one was solid. Got the first 99 overhead but the elbow didn't lock out, and the second one was a bad miss in front. Let's see how the CJs go tomorrow..

starting strength coach development program
    Now THAT would be interesting. Usually rebel armies are bad news, right? Red berets, child soldiers, blood diamonds, etc, right? I get that the Rebel Alliance is really more Free France than Taliban, but are there really no civilian casualties when they intercept Imperial convoy s? Heck, what if they had to resort to using mercenary assholes outright? How about a movie where a bunch of marauding Corellian pirates wreak havoc on locals, but Mon Mothma looks the other way because they kill stormtroopers in brutal fashion, leading to a crisis of conscience during which Bail Organa throws his whiskey into a fire and yells about living long enough to become the villain?

Training:
    Went in knowing it was going to be messy, as I definitely haven't been doing all the things recovery-wise I need to keep the hot streak going. Low sleep, even lower protein, high stress. Plus kind of hung over...heh...because Balvenie is good. Made my bed and now have to sleep on it...

Snatch:
    40kgx3
    50x3
    60x3
    70x2
    80x1
    90x1
    95x0,1
    99x0,0

The first 95 was a bad miss behind, but the second one was solid. Got the first 99 overhead but the elbow didn't lock out, and the second one was a bad miss in front. Let's see how the CJs go tomorrow..
    Pretty sure neo was closer to taliban in the matrix.