starting strength gym
Page 127 of 187 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137177 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 1870

Thread: Stuffed Superdud: Bumpy road to respectable lifting

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Show off strength for the ladies ? I approve.

Quote Originally Posted by stuffedsuperdud View Post
    NB: Paul Ryan is immune to C6/C7 bruising because he's a spineless gutless pussy and I NEED Zach Woods to play him on SNL.
    Holyshit how has this not happened yet????

Got to the gym very late after a learning-experience moment (first time ever having to clear ice off a car, + two tumbles down the driveway from stepping on this newfangled thing called black ice.). Only had a time for:

Squat:
    20kg x10
    60x10
    100x6
    130x10
    140x10
    150x10

I was supposed to do a second set at 150, but time ran out, plus I was kind of tanked anyway.

I've been searching for a pair of off-white pants cut from heavy flannel for a long time, with no luck, as light colors = summer while flannel = winter, and no one makes such a contradictory sounding product. I figured though that off-white is just as versatile as gray, and would add a bit of energy to the dour grays and browns of winter. Finally decided to bite the bullet today and ask the tailor if bespoke was an option. He went, "Well yes we can make anything as long as there's fabric." Went through the fabric swatches and found that, yes, two mills makes off-white flannel at 14oz. Unfortunately they are Fox Brothers and Holland & Sherry. The tailor was straightforward with, "Their materials the best in the world. Such a pleasure to cut and wear. But the price tag scares me!" In the few previous occasionsl that I went bespoke, I always balanced it out by using cheaper fabric, but back of envelope calculations suggsted he wasn't ripping me off, and I figured welp I don't have normal expenses expected of a mature 31-year-old, e.g. mortgage, wife, kids, so I decided "What the hell just this once," and now the order is in. Full cut, higher rise, big pleats, but nothing TOO crazy lest it become kind of Gatsby-esque. Will update when they're ready in a month. My wallet hurts but this shall pass.
    Last edited by stuffedsuperdud; 12-18-2016 at 11:32 AM.

Default Stuffed Superdud: Bumpy road to respectable lifting

Bro when are you gonna throw in a blog with the other men's clothes ? I need an ssd approved trunck club

Quote Originally Posted by idlehands View Post
    Bro when are you gonna throw in a blog with the other men's clothes ? I need an ssd approved trunck club
    I would subscribe to this.

Gym hours are weird now so I only had a few minutes....lame.

OHS:
    20kgx5
    40x5
    50x5
    60x5
    70x5
    80x5

I was finally feeling good when I got to 80, just in time to leave.

There are already too many such blogs, I think, and while not all of them are helpful or even well-written, between the few stalwarts, they have pretty much the whole thing covered, even some that touch on lifters. No full-blown style-for-meatheads blog yet, but then again, there aren't too many of us and I am sure the average gymmer would just call me a fag. God knows we need help though:

Mr. Piana likes to tell me "One day you may!" which legit scares me. Any relation to Loro Piana I wonder?

Oh here: Brian Sacawa is an endurance athlete but reasonably well-built for one, and has one of the most helpful blogs out there. Not sure If I've ever metioned this one: He Spoke Style. It's a bit more advanced, in that if your'e a cargo shorts and Under Armour top kinda guy, maybe go to Dappered first, but he's well within bounds and doesn't stray into dandy territory except for the time he went to the Preakness. Check it out.

I come back and you're posting wedding pics of Mr Piano. This is excellent.

Thanks for the tips on overhead stability with the snatch. I've done a couple sessions since I asked and things feel like they're moving in the right direction now.

Go to the Gym earlier is my considered advice.

Quote Originally Posted by stuffedsuperdud View Post
    Gym hours are weird now so I only had a few minutes....lame.

OHS:
    20kgx5
    40x5
    50x5
    60x5
    70x5
    80x5

I was finally feeling good when I got to 80, just in time to leave.

There are already too many such blogs, I think, and while not all of them are helpful or even well-written, between the few stalwarts, they have pretty much the whole thing covered, even some that touch on lifters. No full-blown style-for-meatheads blog yet, but then again, there aren't too many of us and I am sure the average gymmer would just call me a fag. God knows we need help though:

Mr. Piana likes to tell me "One day you may!" which legit scares me. Any relation to Loro Piana I wonder?

Oh here: Brian Sacawa is an endurance athlete but reasonably well-built for one, and has one of the most helpful blogs out there. Not sure If I've ever metioned this one: He Spoke Style. It's a bit more advanced, in that if your'e a cargo shorts and Under Armour top kinda guy, maybe go to Dappered first, but he's well within bounds and doesn't stray into dandy territory except for the time he went to the Preakness. Check it out.
    But if we could just get you to aggregate all that info , separate it into the good stuff we would be covered. More work for you and less for us. Jeeze.

starting strength coach development program
    Blah! Wrong a post but then lost it when I tried to switch tabs to go yell at Shug.

My gym stuff was:

Power snatch + snatch 1+2
    20kg x1
    40x1
    50x1
    60x1x3
    65x1
    70x1x3
    60x1

Was supposed to go up to 80 but coach wanted me to stay at weights where I could really focus on moving the feet correctly. I have enough mobility now but am still used to flaring my toes way too far out at the bottom. Old habits die hard....

Snatch pulls:
    60x5
    100x5
    120x5
    130x5
    140x5x3

So gais I'm doing NYE with that Latin girl from WAYWT who doesn't like most of my wardrobe. Gonna need a douchier shirt in short order.

Speaking of young women with young women thoughts, I practically live in a nursery. Our house alpha insisted we all do secret Santa, and in the process I ended with a bottle of Balvenie. Well, I poured everyone a bit, and just as we were about to start sipping, one of the girls goes, "Stop stop stop! Okay everyone please bear with me while I do this!," [what's the correct grammar for exclamation marks in mid-sentence quotes, btw?] belted out some college drinking song, and then all the girls shot their drinks, washing them down with the blasphemy that is the chaser. The guy that gave me the bottle went, "Uh....y'all just wasted like $20 of Scotch." One of them looked horrified and went, "Oh shit.....is this for sipping? Uh....well we're still making full use of the 40% of it that is alcohol, I guess.....sorry....."

I love these girls like my own sister, and while there's definitely a time and place for spunky 25-year-old women, when it comes to certain things, there are perhaps better options:

Must be getting old.
    Last edited by stuffedsuperdud; 12-22-2016 at 11:35 PM.