starting strength gym
Page 136 of 187 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146186 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 1870

Thread: Stuffed Superdud: Bumpy road to respectable lifting

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I tried to Gilchrest my way into Lyudmila's pants but the timing couldn't have been worse. Found her sitting in front of four opened boxes of Lucky Charms, with all the marshmallows picked out of all of them and piled into a bowl. She was eating them dry with her hands and washing them down with wine. "Why are you doing this?" "Because life." Yeesh. CG was like "OMG you guys are the same person."

Later today, The Latin girl resurfaced (again) after being MIA (again) when I was at the gym putting on my knee wraps.
    "So....wanna come over and hang out or something?"
    I seriously considered being a lapdog bitch and dashing over to her place, but common sense and Bill Burr's voice took over so I managed a "Sorry I'm here with six dudes and a pile of inanimate metal objects. Gotta train. I'll see you later or something." Now she's scrambling to make plans and bombarding me with texts. So basically I traded doing stuff I like with someone I might like for doing something I hate with a bunch of smelly meatheads, in the name of long-term gainzzz. My God it's fucking gross how this backwards triple-agent double-lutz dick gymnastics shit works. But I guess people in their 30s who are inexplicable single are probably all insane, right?

Anyway so this got my dander up, and I did this:

Cleans:
    20kg x a billion
    40x5
    60x3
    80x3
    90x2
    100x1
    110x1
    115x1
    120x1
    125x0,1 Didn't stay tight, chest collapsed, weight fell off the rack the first time
    130x1 Ties PR
    133x1 PR

Last one was a bit slower on the standup. I briefly considered taking a shot at 136 (300lbs) but coach was like, "well all right then. Okay this is probably a good place to stop, yea?"

Elbow too touchy for jerks though.

Attaboy, and all of that.

No training Friday Saturday Sunday because this whole weekend got kind of hazy. The worst part? Ended up in a dark room with three Dominican women who took turns fucking up the spit shine on my Cornwallises with their heels to the tunes of Shakira and J.Lo. Ugh that's going to be a bear to touch up. I'm not into that kinky shit, ladies. It was roughly the end of the training cycle anyway, it's fine, though I could have taken another crack at a snatch PR maybe. Oh well, might as well let the elbow go into active rest ASAP.

Today:
    Rest and 800mg doses of ibuprofen made the elbow feel a bit better, so for active rest I did tons of jerks and jerk variants (BTN, jerk from split, jerk balance, etc) with 20kg and 40kg.

That's it, this training cycle, we're bodybuilding the fuark out for summer because I'm kind of tired of not looking like I lift. So....how do I do that again? Cable crossovers and dumbbell press with pre-exhaust, right?

Congrats on all the lifting PRs SSD!

I went through all that personal stuff a few years ago after a long-term relationship ended...it does get better lol

Looking forward to your next cycle!

Default Stuffed Superdud: Bumpy road to respectable lifting

Quote Originally Posted by stuffedsuperdud View Post
    No training Friday Saturday Sunday because this whole weekend got kind of hazy. The worst part? Ended up in a dark room with three Dominican women who took turns fucking up the spit shine on my Cornwallises with their heels to the tunes of Shakira and J.Lo. Ugh that's going to be a bear to touch up. I'm not into that kinky shit, ladies. It was roughly the end of the training cycle anyway, it's fine, though I could have taken another crack at a snatch PR maybe. Oh well, might as well let the elbow go into active rest ASAP.

Today:
    Rest and 800mg doses of ibuprofen made the elbow feel a bit better, so for active rest I did tons of jerks and jerk variants (BTN, jerk from split, jerk balance, etc) with 20kg and 40kg.

That's it, this training cycle, we're bodybuilding the fuark out for summer because I'm kind of tired of not looking like I lift. So....how do I do that again? Cable crossovers and dumbbell press with pre-exhaust, right?
    Bench and curls man. And genetics.
    #nattyCappedDelts

Boring but big is good too.

Ah, all caught up now. I just binged this whole thing over the past few days and I have to say, everything makes a hell of a lot more sense now. I had been reading along for a while, but like some other posters noted it feels like the 2nd season now and things were just a bit out if sync for me until I went back and caught up season 1.

Anyway ssd, congrats on your recent prs. Reading through all at once the overall improvements have been obvious just from watching your numbers continue to climb.

But seriously, I thought all you younger people understood "hey let's hang out or something" to be code words for "let's fuck but I don't want to say it right out." Definitely in the gilchrest camp here btw.

If we're going to parse it, this is really more like Season 3. Something like:

Series 1: 2013.2-2014: Training mostly alone in either a shitty dank gym or in my own corner of a globo and making no progress except for the few months on TM, all while dealing with the bad knee along with various other injuries. Personal life pretty shaky too. Lagavulin took a lot of my money.
    Series 2: 2015-2016.1: Some semblance of a stable routine that yields some progress, or at least consistency. The Pollock yelled a lot. Few PRs here and there. Personal life is stable, albeit stagnant.
    Series 3: 2016.2-present: Everything is different and terrifying. Personal life a mess it's fine.

I do miss the tales of the pollock from S2. It could also be S1 of New Girl, so two more of those and you get to start a relationshio with one of your roommates.

I can't wait for series 4 when the pollock turns up on your doorstep to train you on both lifting and dating: "beeeeg puuuull, farking"

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasingCurls69 View Post
    I do miss the tales of the pollock from S2. It could also be S1 of New Girl, so two more of those and you get to start a relationshio with one of your roommates.
    The good lord giveth, and the good lord taketh. Mostly the latter because he's a needy insecure fuckwad. Recall one of the girls moved out soon after I arrived when she was fired from her job and had to take a new one out of state. The other two decided they wanted to move into a little condo down the street so that they can have a cozier girly experience instead of sharing a drafty house with two guys. Their replacements are arriving now. It's a 4-way sausagefest with me, two sexy black guys, and an overly clean cut obnoxiously handsome WASP the girls dubbed The Bachelor. So there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Rest View Post
    I can't wait for series 4 when the pollock turns up on your doorstep to train you on both lifting and dating: "beeeeg puuuull, farking"
    He doesn't have time for internet retardation like triple extension catapult superman whatever but he did once go "Hey come on gimme beeeeg pull" and then, after checking his left and right for any feminine presence, whispered to us, "Like when you are with a woman. Like this!" And then demonstrated with his hips while yelling "Boom! Boom boom boom!"

Today: more active resting

Snatch high pull:
    40kg x3x3

Muscle poon to squat:
    40x3x3
    50x3x5

Regular poon:
    50x3x5

All snatches (EDIT: pussies) done with three count pause at bottom to emphasis lockout.

Poon grip Klokov whatever press:
    40kgx5
    50x5
    60x5,5,4

Coach was like "Yo just get on the RPS if you wanna get jacked and tan. But are you mentally ready to kiss your 1RMs goodbye?" Ha! They have no idea what I will do for female validation. I don't even like lifting, remember?

Digging up my old 5/3/1 stuff for BBB guide. Dis gun be good.

Hurt so good, gais.
    Last edited by stuffedsuperdud; 03-02-2017 at 10:27 PM.