starting strength gym
Page 137 of 187 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 1870

Thread: Stuffed Superdud: Bumpy road to respectable lifting

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Sorry Gilchrest, but Luydmila is now in the Friendzone. I can deal with a little crazy, but this was turning into some clinical manic-depressive nonsense. The Latin girl is still around but I'm pretty sure I'm the side joint. So the other two are getting promotions but we'll see if that yields anything story-worthy. Fuck you, Jesus. For now we have Booker's.

Master of active recovery:

Clean high pulls:
    20kg x10
    40x5x2
    60x5x3

Muscle clean to squat:
    60x4
    70x4
    80x4

Power clean:
    80x10
    Decided fuck it let's just get this over with

On the other side of the room the CF'ers were doing 17.2. Looked miserable. Fuck that noise.

Not seeing Logan till tomorrow, so no more internet for me for now because spoilers. Hickey Freeman trunk show at the Pentagon City Nordy's tomorrow. BBL time to get that midnight blue velvet dinner jacket for panty incineration.

Quote Originally Posted by mgilchrest View Post
    Good luck to your penis.
    Most under utilized character of season 1, 2 and 3

Rest assured, it's worse for me than for you.

Today, more recovery. Elbow slightly inflamed blah:

Muscle pooning from the hip:
    20kg x10
    40x5x3

Regular poon:
    40x5x3
    50x5x3
    really drilling finding that power position:

Snatch push press:
    50x10x5

My half-assed attempt at introducing some sort of Boring But Big. Weight was too low but Wendler recommended not doing anything stupid the first day. Am I doing it right?

I'm also making an attempt at RPS. Reading the book, I found that by pounding about 100g of whey at a time, I was unable to utilize perhaps half of it except as calories, and that I was probably overdoing the fats. I thought I was keeping my carbs in check at around 100g-200g a day, but apparently 100g spaced before, during , and after training should be enough to get me through most of our training sessions except perhaps the nastier ones in weeks 3-4 of the endurance block, which require about 200g. I also like how they advocate titrating slowly, so my weight has been steady I am going to start just by changing the carbs and the protein timing and then see where I am about two weeks from now. Of course I found out somehow the gym does not have a scale despite being built around a weight-class sport, so I'll need to go get one.

Shouldn't you be doing face pulls and cable crossovers by now? I don't see a single curl in the listed activities.

New training cycle. Once more into the fray:

Tall pussies:
    20kg x5
    40x5

Power poon + regular poon 2+2:
    40x1
    50x1
    60x1
    65x1x3

Vaginal deathlift:
    90x8
    100x8
    110x8
    115x8

Biceps curlz
    20x10x3 for hte ladies. Nah just to keep the elbow loose.

Coach sez, "Uh well if you had the genetics for it you'd probably be at least sort of jacked by now. So maybe you're just not able to get big. Plus weightlifting is pretty much the hardest stupidest way to bodybuild, so....."

EDIT: BW today came in at 228. And since I cannot squat 700 that probably means I am fat.
    Last edited by stuffedsuperdud; 03-05-2017 at 03:40 PM.

Wasn't going to train today but then Lyudmila did something obnoxious at work so cue self-loathing and existential crisis. Decided to go punish myself a little bit for being a giant piece of shit, with apologies to Gilchrest. #triggered

waywt? Didn't have my gym clothes on me so green polo shirt, 541s, Adistars, and Klokov wraps it was. Also trying to RPS, so I didn't pack any carbs with me to work. Ended up chomping down about 50g of sugar cubes I found by the coffeemaker before heading off to the gym.

Squat:
    20kg x10
    60x8
    100x6
    140x8
    146x8
    130x8
    120x8
    100x10,12

For the 100s, I was trying to do some Boring But Big, but coach yelled out halfway through my second set that we had to shut it down and clear out for the next group. Decided to try for 20 instead of 10 but the sugar didn't kick in in time and I got lightheaded after 12 because bitches gonna bitch out it's fine.

EDIT:
    Food:
    1. 50g whey in water
    2. 8oz 93% lean ground beef + 8oz broccoli
    3. (pre-gym) 100g whey in water + 50g sugar because fuckit
    4. (post-gym) 8oz sugary cereal I found + 8oz nonfat milk
    5. 8oz chicken breast + 3 poached eggs in chicken broth
    Should probably eat more veggies
    Last edited by stuffedsuperdud; 03-06-2017 at 09:48 PM.

Boring but big is way more curls bro

Curls x10x5
    Lte x10x5
    Chins 10x5
    Face pulls!

Ab wheels.
    Dips

Arms should be splitting bro. Dyel?

lulz have I been DYEL'ed??!

Re: aesthetics, for some reason my arms have always been slightly hypertrophied, even before I ever lifted, and actually used to look kind of silly when attached to my tiny 65lb-pressing delts. Obv they could be much bigger, but for now they are proportional despite the general lack of training. A bigger upper back would definitely help though, and we're specifically training that this cycle anyway to address deficiencies in my clean, so hooray. And of course we all could use bigger legs and I like squats anyway, but I am not sure how BBB with front squats will go. I mean, that shit's gonna straight up suck. Coach was like "Hell yea you need to do way more ab work. Maybe then your jerk won't suck so bad."

But the realidad is that while working on the above will probably help with Sn/CJ, as far as pantydroppage, dumping 10-20lbs of BF will go farther than any of that. Shit.

Gym closed today, but on the other side of equation:
    1. 50g whey in water
    2. 12oz lean ground beef + lb of broccoli
    3. 100g whey in water
    4. Small slice of pizza + Arrogant Bastard at work event. This was altogether about 50g of carbs I didn't need + whatever my body metabolized the alcohol into, but I really didn't want to deal with the social awkwardness. Ehhh....
    5. 8oz chicken breast, 3 eggs, lb spinach, all poached in chicken broth..

I think I got away with it calorically, but it could have gone better.

Is bbb legit for getting swole? I need to shave about 15lbs, might as well bring sexy back along with it. Wife could finally see returns on gym investment instead of progressively fatter, stronger blob. More fatter than stronger, obv.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Nermin View Post
    Is bbb legit for getting swole? I need to shave about 15lbs, might as well bring sexy back along with it. Wife could finally see returns on gym investment instead of progressively fatter, stronger blob. More fatter than stronger, obv.
    Bbb brings the pump that's for sure. Buddies say it kinda makes the weak parts grow. I'm a month in and enjoying it.