Quote Originally Posted by stuffedsuperdud View Post
    Snatch:
    20kg x 5
    40x3
    50x3
    60x3
    70x3
    80x3
    Around here, the coach on the floor started thinking there was a typo in my program, because triples at 84% seemed excessive. I tried anyway and got:
    85x2 Missed the 3rd rep badly 2x
    90x2 Didn't attempt a 3rd
    Coach-coach came in around this point and I checked to confirm/deny typo. "Nah that's not a mistake. 90% for a triple is hard but doable if you're knocking on a new 1RM. Time for you to man up." Wowza.

Snatch balance:
    40x3
    50x3
    60x3

The elbow started making warning noises here so off to ice.

I'll have a longer update later with everyone's favorite Russian computer nerd but first it's time for beef bacon.
    Is that like meat curtains? Is high five in order ?

It is not. I was at Wegman's and some guy told me to try the beef bacon, is all that is.

Today:
    Clean pull + clean 1+2
    20kg x many
    40x1
    50x1
    60x1
    70x1
    80x1
    90x1
    95x1
    100x1
    105x1
    100x1

Deadlift:
    100x5
    140x5
    150x3
    170x5x3 it's fine

Short story:
    Lil L is back but not punning. Instead, there was a mildly disconcerting moment the other day where I wanted to use the new espresso maker we put in the lab, but it's a PITA to operate and not worth the setup/cleanup unless you have several people onboard, so I went to her desk and went, "Hey wanna fire up the new coffee machine with me?" and she made a weird smile and went, "Ooooh yea keep talking dirty to me!" We share a tiny room with several other people and only one of them was wearing headphones, so....shrug. Pollock coach would be like, "Oh so now you remember to give me beeg shrug? Stupid beetch..."

CG: "LOL you fucking pussy. Pretty sure she's giving you the slow roll now. Could you stop being such a bitch for once in your fucking life?"
    "What's a slow roll? That poker thing?"
    "Huh? No, it's a kids' sports term. Like my cousin's kid in baseball. When the kid misses three times someone sort of just lobs the ball over for one last try. Or they set up the big tee and he hits it kind of like in golf. You're golfing now."

So the peer pressure got to me and later that day Lyudmila and I went out for dinner where in a fit of hangry rage she got upset about something the waiter did and then was cranky with me for letting it roll off my back.
    "Why aren't you mad? He was being very condescending!"
    "It's fine. Maybe he's just having a bad evening."
    "Well now that makes two of us! It should be three! If you don't get mad people will walk all over you!"
    "Are you going to fight an endless war with every perceived injustice on Earth?"
    "Ahhhhhh nooo but this isn't fair! Injustice.....Heeeeey want to go watch the Justice League movie?"
    "It's not out yet."
    "Fuck! What the hell! Ugh! I really wanted to see it..."
    "Well, Wonder Woman is out. Is that what you're thinking of?"
    "Ooooooh maybe. Okay let's watch that. I am very inspired by female empowerment!" Well okay then....

Several hours later:
    I thought it was great but she ended up not liking it on account of all the meta-sexist fan service that the director supposed put in. Didn't want to set off a landmine so I just Bert-stared until she went, "Like how she goes gaga for a baby. You don't see Superman freaking out over babies."
    "There aren't any babies where she's from..."
    "Oh, and like the ice cream scene! Why did she get ice cream? It's a dick. It's a fucking dick."
    "What?"
    "A woman eating an ice cream cone is a metaphor, dummy. For sucking a dick."
    "....That has never occurred to me... And it's gonna take way more than a cone before ice cream gets sexual with me. The orgy's gonna waste at least 100 gallons..."
    "Well that's you. I bet you every guy in that room was thinking about her blowing Chris Evans [sic]. Did you know that women weren't allowed to eat ice cream in public until like the 1960s?"
    "In Stalinist Russia?"
    "No, here!"
    "Pretty sure that's not true..."
    "Look it up! Ugh shit now I want ice cream...."
    "But not in a cone, I presume...?"
    "Whatever! I just want some. Now. I was just angry but now I'm hangry. Again."

Of course by then everything was closed except for a pub next to the movie theater, which we wandered into.
    "What are you waiting for? Go ask if they have some ice cream!"
    Golden retriever mode engaged.... I relayed the question to the bartender and he looked at me like I was retarded. I gave him my help-me eyes and he winked and went, in the thickest accent possible, "Ahhh I see. Okay let me see what I can do...." even though it was like 1:30AM on a Monday night, and made her a free sundae out of crap he found in their kitchen freezer, which she pounded in a decidedly non-sexual manner. God bless that man. They also had Lagavulin for a reasonable price and he overpoured for me, so altogether one could do much worse I suppose.

We're on again for various activities Friday, Saturday, and Sunday because she said so. I don't know what this is, because I'm on the spectrum obviously.

She's planning your weekends and no sex? I hate to break it to you, but I think you're married. Shame you missed the honeymoon.

I think you are a candidate for one of those "hidden earpieces where we all tell you what to say during a date."

Quote Originally Posted by brkriete View Post
    I think you are a candidate for one of those "hidden earpieces where we all tell you what to say during a date."
    We need a bot that can just take every ENP post and read it to him during his date. His mind will shut down and nature can run its course.

I'm gonna visit my brotege in D.C. Visit you. Put moves on lil l and she's gonna a) run to you (your welcome) b) accept ( winwin?)

Good to know I all a squad in my corner...

Today:
    Clean + jerk 1+3
    40x1
    60x1
    70x1
    80x1

1+2
    90x1

1+1
    95x1x3

90 and 95 should have been triples but my elbow started to make a warning sound, so:

Squat:
    60x5
    100x5
    130x3
    150x3
    160x3
    170x3
    180x3
    187x3

Now ice.

Just so you realize...we'll also be telling you what to say when you're Sealing the Deal.

Is this a training log or a story about failing to fuck women?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by shib View Post
    Is this a training log or a story about failing to fuck women?
    Either ? Both ?
    It's entertaining.