starting strength gym
Page 159 of 187 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 1870

Thread: Stuffed Superdud: Bumpy road to respectable lifting

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Around 2AM last night I tired of E&P antics and stepped out into the hallway to get a drink of water from the kitchen. Before my eyes could adjust to the darkness, my bathroom door swung open and out stepped a wiry little white guy totally butt-ass nekkid, silhouetted against the light. Scared the shit out of me, and then must have panicked because he broke into a run and scampered into my roomie's room. It took me a second to realize that he was probably just her Tinder find for the night. Also, I wish he hadn't run, because that activated several additional degrees of freedom in his nether regions. And that's when my surprise was replaced by white hot anger, because this cocksucker just encroached upon my personal space (she has the master bedroom which includes a bathroom, so why's he pissing in mine), literally swung his dick at me, and (sort of literally?) pissed on me. MOTHER FUCKER. Check your privilege, broton. Related: I'll never understand how white males came to be branded The BestŪ by the rest of humanity because I certainly wasn't impressed by this guy. Yea I'm talking about his penis. Well his DYEL body too, but mostly just that tubular part in the middle-ish area.

I was too edgy to sleep after that but smart enough (pussy enough) to avoid confrontations with people who know where I live, so I sort of pulled an all-nighter, went to work a zombie, and went to the gym powered entirely by caffeine and sexual frustration.

Clean + jerk 1+2
    40x1
    50x1
    60x1
    70x1
    80x1
    85x1
    90x1x3

Recall I had a PT work the shit out of my elbow three weeks ago and again last week. Well, this was the first time in maybe THREE YEARS that I was able to achieve nearly full flexion with he damn thing and full rack a clean. Jerks all went up fast and painlessly though the elbow is juuust tender enough at lockout that coach complained about the lack of snappiness. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by stuffedsuperdud View Post
    The Hot 50: Wales' sexiest women revealed
    Katherine Jenkins is there, so the list meets the minimum requirements for legitimacy and plausibility.

On a separate but related note, a few years back I went on a riding tour of Wales with a mate. It wasn't long, just three days and two nights, and we clearly stuck to the twisty and unpopulated bits (of which there are many; it's a a bikers playground), but in the whole time we only saw one (read: one) pretty girl, filling up her boyfriend's tank (I'm talking cars) at a petrol station. Actually, I saw her; my mate was in the toilet, and to this day he still believes that Wales is a pussy-free zone (with the only notable exception of the aforementioned KJ, of whom he's a great fan).

IPB

Oldie but a goodie:

IIRC I watched this live because that year my cable subscription included some weird channels, and I was like, "Oh hey it's that Band of Brothers song." I assumed she was from England or New Zealand or something....Welsh never occurred to me, because, well, too handsome, amirite?

WTFGilchrest, I would certainly appreciate your input on what to do about naked poorly-hung randos in my bathroom yes. Lil' L is back from Louisiana, for what that's worth. The Latin girl (remember her?!) invited me out of the blue to her birthday party, where she got shitfaced and tried to jerk me off through my pants in front of her brother. (Un)fortunately, she broke the heels (both sides!) off her cheapo DSW shoes, went tumbling, and forgot about me once we helped her to her feet. It's fine.

Today, with the elbow still firing correctly:
    Clean + jerk 2+2
    20kg warmup x many many many
    40x1x2
    50x1
    60x1
    70x1

CJ:
    80x1
    90x1
    100x1
    105x1x4

Coach was very happy with bar speed at 86%. I was like, "Um, yea because this is the first time in 3+ years that I can actually do it correctly-ish." 130 by the end of the cycle? Actually, a slight nod to Rip: one thing I've been telling myself before each lift is, "Okay strength is not the bottleneck here. Even speed isn't. It's just the timing and positioning." Coach said that to me absentmindedly a few weeks ago and the reserve strength does provide a confidence boost. I paused at the bottom of one of the cleans today and when the rest of the room, thinking me pinned, started yelling encouragement at me, the assistant coach went, "Take it easy guys. If he can rack it he can stand up with it.....He just sucks at racking it. And at snatching. And at jerking." Then she looked at me and went, "But you've never been pinned by a clean! So that's good..." Blah!

too handsome, amirite?
    OT: on

I think this is one of the very few times I've seen 'handsome' used for a lady. I actually thought it was incorrect, but I checked and it's not:

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/handsome

On the other hand, when used for ladies the meaning is not exactly the same, and I struggle a bit to apply it to KJ (de gustibus, of course...). Still, I've learned something.

The poppy on her dress and the theme of the song makes me think it could have been a show to raise funds for the Poppy Appeal.

OT: off

IPB

Ah sorry, that was a bit of a failed experiment on my part; I do enjoy stretching slightly the meanings of words, but upon closer inspection, Katherine Jenkins is much more conventionally attractive than I initially thought.

I think we can agree on her though:

Katharine Hepburn is the woman all aspiring handsome women compare themselves against. All regular women too, probably. Goddamn. Lauren Bacall's a close second. And she often flies under the radar in these discussions, but fellas should recall that Amelia Earhart was a bit of a looker in her time too. Blah they just don't make'em like they used to.

Today:
    Sore as all get out in the areas around my shoulders that I've been neglecting due to the crappy jerks of the past year or three.

Hang snatch + snatch 2+1:
    20kg x a few
    40x1
    50x1
    60x1
    72x1
    77x1x2
    70x1

and then GTFO because it was hot and humid as shit all day.

Might have more interesting stories tomorrow. Going to quest for restorative carbs now...

Props for the "Flying Under the Radar" pun.

"The Look" is in my All-Time Top 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris McCarthy View Post

I've been a part of recent discussions that indicate that for some, in addition to the list of 5 whomevers that are explicitly declared as a free pass, there may also be universal free passes that do not have to be previously enumerated - for example, heads of state (their spouses and other immediate family were still up for debate).

I know I had a point but apparently I'm already on the downslope of this morning's caffeine. Maybe some of those women would make the universal list? Let's get to those more interesting stories that may have occurred.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris McCarthy View Post

Props for props:

What is this look of which you speak?

Quote Originally Posted by cgeorg View Post
    I've been a part of recent discussions that indicate that for some, in addition to the list of 5 whomevers that are explicitly declared as a free pass, there may also be universal free passes that do not have to be previously enumerated - for example, heads of state (their spouses and other immediate family were still up for debate).

I know I had a point but apparently I'm already on the downslope of this morning's caffeine. Maybe some of those women would make the universal list? Let's get to those more interesting stories that may have occurred.
    ????????????????????????????????

Today:
    Time to get jacked, i.e. do the assistance work I've been skipping for a long time due to the elbow.

OHS!
    20kg x 3
    40x5
    50x5
    60x5
    70x5
    80x5

Klokov press:
    20kg x5
    40x5
    50x5
    60x5x2

Elbow continues to work. or to quote a sexier man:

While we're at it:

Dem dere trousers doe....

Hey, the site's back up!

Sunday AM shenanigans:
    Power jerk + split jerk from boxes 3+2
    20kg x many to warm up elbow
    40x1
    50x1
    60x1
    70x1
    80x1
    90x1

I'm able to get the jerks up easily enough because I can now start from an improved rack, but I notice during lowering that the right triceps is not generating much force. There's no injury and it seems like the muscle itself hasn't atrophied, so it might be a neuromuscular thing. PT says the only cure is to just lift, so...jazzhands.

Squat:
    60x5
    100x5
    130x3
    150x5
    160x5
    170x5

Hooray out of 10s and into 5s...

Half my division left town today to drive down to NC for the solar whatevers; one of them spent all day yesterday fiddling with a new telescope even. Iono peoplez I just can't get into it. "But you're a nerd!" Yea and a few moments of celestial alignment just aren't going to do it for me. It's not even really science: R&D is, above all else BORING AS HELL, not this pop pseudoscience nonsense. I don't see too many basic bitches plotting error bars now do I? I've even tried approaching this from a philosophical angle (we're all part of this crazy cosmic phenomenon!), a more humanist one (we're all part of this crazy cosmic phenomenon together!), and even a religious one (lawlz sun gods!!) but I just can't.

I saw Lil L yesterday and was like, "Hey were you going to go with Szymon & Friends to see the eclipse?"
    "Pffft no. I have a life."
    Well okay then. We are getting 81% coverage here and folks from the space science team are giving us all goggles to watch from their roof. Close enough.

starting strength coach development program
    Hey, the site's back up!

Sunday AM shenanigans:
    Power jerk + split jerk from boxes 3+2
    20kg x many to warm up elbow
    40x1
    50x1
    60x1
    70x1
    80x1
    90x1

I'm able to get the jerks up easily enough because I can now start from an improved rack, but I notice during lowering that the right triceps is not generating much force. There's no injury and it seems like the muscle itself hasn't atrophied, so it might be a neuromuscular thing. PT says the only cure is to just lift, so...jazzhands.

Squat:
    60x5
    100x5
    130x3
    150x5
    160x5
    170x5

Hooray out of 10s and into 5s...

Half my division left town today to drive down to NC for the solar whatevers; one of them spent all day yesterday fiddling with a new telescope even. Iono peoplez I just can't get into it. "But you're a nerd!" Yea and a few moments of celestial alignment just aren't going to do it for me. It's not even really science: R&D is, above all else BORING AS HELL, not this pop pseudoscience nonsense. I don't see too many basic bitches plotting error bars now do I? I've even tried approaching this from a philosophical angle (we're all part of this crazy cosmic phenomenon!), a more humanist one (we're all part of this crazy cosmic phenomenon together!), and even a religious one (lawlz sun gods!!) but I just can't.

I saw Lil L yesterday and was like, "Hey were you going to go with Szymon & Friends to see the eclipse?"
    "Pffft no. I have a life."
    Well okay then. We are getting 81% coverage here and folks from the space science team are giving us all goggles to watch from their roof. Close enough.
    We make fun of you a bit. But in this case. lil L is a filthy liar! Her life near as this log reads as her spending all her time not dating your.

Burn. She doesn't in fact have a life !