Thread: Stuffed Superdud: Bumpy road to respectable lifting

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by idlehands View Post
    Theres plans w you and l?
    Not really.

Quote Originally Posted by idlehands View Post
    What's the e & p mess now? All I do i the clothes thread and the garage thread anymore. Content has been a steady decline
    Everyone keeps talking about this decline, but I don't remember when E&P was ever not terrible. Well, yea, it's worse now, but was it really that much better when Spar and Tert strutted around sniffing their own farts, Corrie wore tinfoil helmets, and Mikey actually lifted and fought with Tobo about a bobsled?

Way ahead of you, Simon. Remember when she and Julia Rohde were the only cuties on the IWF circuit, btw? I was okay with getting beaten by hairy Belarussians, but nowadays it seems like every 63kg woman doing 110/130 at Worlds could easily be in that middle part of the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue. You know, the part with actual athletes. Or at least the ESPN Body Issue. Hurts my ego.

Today:
    The elbow continues to be better than it's been in years. I was able to do:

Muscle clean + power jerk + split jerk 1+3+2
    20x many
    40x1
    50x1
    60x1
    70x1
    80x1
    90x1x2

Front squat:
    60x5
    70x5
    80x5
    90x5

This was the first time in recent memory that I was able to rack a barbell without any elbow pain, and without the limited ROM forcing me to hold the bar slightly out of position. With jerks, each subsequent rep used to land on my delts kind of funny, and something like a 5-rep set was unthinkable, but today, everything went up easily enough. Wooooot. Shoulders not used to all this new work and are already complaining.....wooooo...... Front squat embarrassingly low because it's the first time in two months or so....EXCUSES. Relax, I'll ramp it back up shortly.
    Last edited by stuffedsuperdud; 09-07-2017 at 09:00 PM.

Good to see the progress on the elbow.

Killing it ssd. I should start training again. I'll even have space in my new gym for silly silly weightlifting

I don't think jerking 90kg five times is killing anything, but thanks. Yes, try weightlifting. It really ties in nicely with everything else that is hurtful or unfair in the universe.

Today:
    Hang snatch + snatch 2+1
    20kg x a few
    40x1
    50x1
    60x1
    70x1
    78x1
    83x1
    88x1
    80x1
    83x1

Snatch press:
    20x5
    40x5
    50x5
    60x5
    70x2 blah!!!!

Snatch push press:
    70x5
    80x5

Quote Originally Posted by stuffedsuperdud View Post

Way ahead of you, Simon.
    So add me on IG you well dressed fuck, I have things to share with you. On there as my old username

Okay!

So yesterday Kings Dominion, the local amusement park, was open only to DoD employees/contractors + family, and for basically free no less, so of course I went with Szymon and the roommate I call J.Crew....because he wears only J.Crew......and could easily model for them or anyone else because he's 6'2" 190lbs and ridiculously handsome...fuck that guy. Obviously everyone there was either a teenager or a parent with small children, and we were the only childless adults #peterpansyndrome. Made us re-evaluate our lives for a while, but great in that unlike the teens we didn't have to stop constantly to ask for permission or money, and unlike the parents, we were not burdened by strollers and babies.....so while suicide is still obviously on the to-do, we made the best of it and managed to ride everything at least twice, and a few things three times.

Summary here:
    Kings Dominion Rides

Resisting all the G-forces did a number on me though, and I woke up today with my neck and upper back destroyed. Tried to lift and did:

Snatch:
    20kg x many
    40x4
    50x3
    60x3
    70x2
    80x0,1

All felt slow and sluggish, and coach reported that the 1st pull was never quite in position. She got wary when I threw the 80 behind me, and then had to chase down the second one. I told her what happened. She called me an idiot and shut down the snatching.

Pause squat:
    20kg x10
    60x8
    100x5
    130x5
    and we called it here

Really tired from staying up last night after we got back putting together a presentation, which I then did not actually give because the boss wanted to leave early for lunch. Saw Lil L later, who went, "Ha! It looks like you got hit by a hurricane!" Apparently she had stayed up all night neurotically tracking the hurricane and making sure it didn't change directions and bang into Louisiana and came in with dirty hair and clothes and bloodshot eyes. Didn't have to heart to tell her that between the two of us she was the one that looked roughed up. Whatevs.

Quote Originally Posted by stuffedsuperdud View Post
    Everyone keeps talking about this decline, but I don't remember when E&P was ever not terrible. Well, yea, it's worse now, but was it really that much better when Spar and Tert strutted around sniffing their own farts, Corrie wore tinfoil helmets, and Mikey actually lifted and fought with Tobo about a bobsled?
    dude that was the golden era

Thin

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Rest View Post
    So add me on IG you well dressed fuck, I have things to share with you. On there as my old username
    Yeah what's the IG username? Or just add me @ithryn_aka_chris

Or don't, I won't be too sad.

Drive-by post to report today's antics:

Power jerk + split jerk from rack, 3+2
    20kg x many
    40x1x2
    50x1
    60x1x2
    70x1
    80x1x2
    90x1

Work on technique with coach. She caught me leaning forward a lot on the catch. "Stop leaning over the cliff!" Good life advice in general.

Press 1.0
    60x5,4,4

Shoulders were roasted and this was all I could manage. I also have a strange new problem: For a long time, due to limited elbow flexion, I could hold a barbell in the press position but not in a proper rack for a front squat, clean, or push press. Well, now, the left elbow has full ROM and when the weight is applied, it can't help but overflex when I try to catch a stretch reflex. Right elbow and its tightness works for pressing. Too much Bulleit Rye now...

starting strength coach development program
    Stayed too late at work and got to the gym with only 30 minutes to go. Did:

Squat:
    20kg x a bunch
    60x5
    100x5 paused
    130x5 paused
    150x5
    160x5
    170x5
    150x3 paused

Cut the last set short due to the onset of cramping, possibly from doing this too fast.

Out of fucks to give.