Page 166 of 166 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166
Results 1,651 to 1,655 of 1655

Thread: Stuffed Superdud: Bumpy road to respectable lifting

Props for the "Flying Under the Radar" pun.

"The Look" is in my All-Time Top 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris McCarthy View Post

I've been a part of recent discussions that indicate that for some, in addition to the list of 5 whomevers that are explicitly declared as a free pass, there may also be universal free passes that do not have to be previously enumerated - for example, heads of state (their spouses and other immediate family were still up for debate).

I know I had a point but apparently I'm already on the downslope of this morning's caffeine. Maybe some of those women would make the universal list? Let's get to those more interesting stories that may have occurred.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris McCarthy View Post

Props for props:

What is this look of which you speak?

Quote Originally Posted by cgeorg View Post
    I've been a part of recent discussions that indicate that for some, in addition to the list of 5 whomevers that are explicitly declared as a free pass, there may also be universal free passes that do not have to be previously enumerated - for example, heads of state (their spouses and other immediate family were still up for debate).

I know I had a point but apparently I'm already on the downslope of this morning's caffeine. Maybe some of those women would make the universal list? Let's get to those more interesting stories that may have occurred.
    ????????????????????????????????

Today:
    Time to get jacked, i.e. do the assistance work I've been skipping for a long time due to the elbow.

OHS!
    20kg x 3
    40x5
    50x5
    60x5
    70x5
    80x5

Klokov press:
    20kg x5
    40x5
    50x5
    60x5x2

Elbow continues to work. or to quote a sexier man:

While we're at it:

Dem dere trousers doe....

Hey, the site's back up!

Sunday AM shenanigans:
    Power jerk + split jerk from boxes 3+2
    20kg x many to warm up elbow
    40x1
    50x1
    60x1
    70x1
    80x1
    90x1

I'm able to get the jerks up easily enough because I can now start from an improved rack, but I notice during lowering that the right triceps is not generating much force. There's no injury and it seems like the muscle itself hasn't atrophied, so it might be a neuromuscular thing. PT says the only cure is to just lift, so...jazzhands.

Squat:
    60x5
    100x5
    130x3
    150x5
    160x5
    170x5

Hooray out of 10s and into 5s...

Half my division left town today to drive down to NC for the solar whatevers; one of them spent all day yesterday fiddling with a new telescope even. Iono peoplez I just can't get into it. "But you're a nerd!" Yea and a few moments of celestial alignment just aren't going to do it for me. It's not even really science: R&D is, above all else BORING AS HELL, not this pop pseudoscience nonsense. I don't see too many basic bitches plotting error bars now do I? I've even tried approaching this from a philosophical angle (we're all part of this crazy cosmic phenomenon!), a more humanist one (we're all part of this crazy cosmic phenomenon together!), and even a religious one (lawlz sun gods!!) but I just can't.

I saw Lil L yesterday and was like, "Hey were you going to go with Szymon & Friends to see the eclipse?"
    "Pffft no. I have a life."
    Well okay then. We are getting 81% coverage here and folks from the space science team are giving us all goggles to watch from their roof. Close enough.

Quote Originally Posted by stuffedsuperdud View Post
    Hey, the site's back up!

Sunday AM shenanigans:
    Power jerk + split jerk from boxes 3+2
    20kg x many to warm up elbow
    40x1
    50x1
    60x1
    70x1
    80x1
    90x1

I'm able to get the jerks up easily enough because I can now start from an improved rack, but I notice during lowering that the right triceps is not generating much force. There's no injury and it seems like the muscle itself hasn't atrophied, so it might be a neuromuscular thing. PT says the only cure is to just lift, so...jazzhands.

Squat:
    60x5
    100x5
    130x3
    150x5
    160x5
    170x5

Hooray out of 10s and into 5s...

Half my division left town today to drive down to NC for the solar whatevers; one of them spent all day yesterday fiddling with a new telescope even. Iono peoplez I just can't get into it. "But you're a nerd!" Yea and a few moments of celestial alignment just aren't going to do it for me. It's not even really science: R&D is, above all else BORING AS HELL, not this pop pseudoscience nonsense. I don't see too many basic bitches plotting error bars now do I? I've even tried approaching this from a philosophical angle (we're all part of this crazy cosmic phenomenon!), a more humanist one (we're all part of this crazy cosmic phenomenon together!), and even a religious one (lawlz sun gods!!) but I just can't.

I saw Lil L yesterday and was like, "Hey were you going to go with Szymon & Friends to see the eclipse?"
    "Pffft no. I have a life."
    Well okay then. We are getting 81% coverage here and folks from the space science team are giving us all goggles to watch from their roof. Close enough.
    We make fun of you a bit. But in this case. lil L is a filthy liar! Her life near as this log reads as her spending all her time not dating your.

Burn. She doesn't in fact have a life !