Page 169 of 169 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169
Results 1,681 to 1,683 of 1683

Thread: Stuffed Superdud: Bumpy road to respectable lifting

So I decided Saturday night fuck it time to drink. Got a bottle of Laphroaig and my roommate and I went through the whole damn thing. We then went down the street to Old Town Alexandria and crashed a wedding by accident it's fine. That is to say we walked into a bar and found ourselves in the thick of it. We were wearing suits and blended in, one thing led to another, etc etc. But the jig was up when my roomie got waaaay to shitfaced and could no longer keep our story straight. And that's the long story of why on Sunday I was way too hung over to train.

Today, just to get the blood moving and keep the back pliable:
    Pause squats:
    20kg x many
    60x10
    100x10
    130x5
    140x9
    150x6

RDL:
    20x many
    60x10
    80x10

Deadlift:
    80x10
    100x10

My buddy is trying to talk me into buying a bottle of Lagavulin 16 (~$90). Thoughts?

You can probably find a better deal online but they'll nail you on the shipping so it might be a wash. Maybe start with Laphroaig or Ardbeg, which can be had for half that, and then if you like it, go full-retard with the Lagavulin.

Relevant: Tried to save money by avoiding the top shelf stuff and asking Ryan the bartender (Ryan is a girl with a boy's name "because my mom wanted a boy and my dad wanted an abortion") to just give me whatever they make mixed drinks with, so she pulled out a glass bottle from behind the bar with no label, just a piece of masking tape with "WHISKEY?" written on it in black Sharpie. So I had a bunch of those and am fucking hung over now.

Actual training:
    Pause squats:
    20kg x 10
    60x8
    100x6
    130x5
    150x7

RDL (warmup)
    60x10

Deadlift
    60x10
    80x10
    100x10
    110x10

Back still sore when I am not lifting, but as the light 10s go on it feels better...so....not great but better than Stage IV metastatic AIDS I guess.

Fuck yea:

Because Metal Gear Solid 3 (with the updated camera setup) is easily the best of the series, and probably one of the best video games of all time in general.