starting strength gym
Page 5 of 187 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Stuffed Superdud: Bumpy road to respectable lifting

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    11/6/2013
    Spent all day worried about pushing and squatting but felt great going into the gym. NAILED IT.
    Push
    Press ID: 165x5 5RM PR

Squat
    Squat: 310x5x3 Onwards and (back) upwards

Sn/CJ

Pulls

11/7/2013
    Knee is holding up..knock on all the woodzzz
    Push

Squat

Sn/CJ
    CJ:
    50kgx3
    60x3
    70x3
    80x3
    90x2
    100x1 Post-injury PR
    105x1 First over-BW CJ since injury

108x2x0 Lifetime PR attempt. Dropped the bar at top of clean once, bottom of clean once. My squat is still lacking so the hips came up to try to do a deadlift-hang clean thinger. Didn't work. Back to squatting.....

Pulls

11/7/2013
    Woke up sick today but passed the neck-check so I thought I'd get a bit of work in. Nothing too taxing now because I'd feel stupid if I squatted or pulled or something and then woke up tomorrow feeling worse instead of better.

Push
    Press VD:
    Press 150x5x5
    5lb jump from last time, didn't even break a sweat. And that's all I did today.

Squat

Sn/CJ

Pulls

8/25/2013
    Squat and leave kind of day. Woke up brutalized from the volume presses (guess I finally have that dialed in) and still kind of sick.

Push
    I did an anti-push, that is to say, I tried to use my upper body as little as possible today to maximize recovery.

Squat
    Front squat: 250x5x3. Weight shifted to the good leg a bit towards the end.

Sn/CJ
    Tomorrow.

Pulls

11/10/2013
    Note: Do not stack volume press with front squats unless you want a destroyed upper back. I don't remember the last time I experienced this kind of soreness/tightness/weakness. I did some snatches but gave up after missing 60kg repeatedly and left in disgust.

11/11/2013
    Squat and leave kind of day. Too run down for anything else.

Push

Squat
    Squat: 315x5x3
    First time squatting 3 wheels for 3x5 since I hurt myself. The last rep of each set was kind of ugly, and on the last rep of the 3rd set I made a weird involuntary noise commonly associated with premature ejaculation (that half sob half grunt sound....er...not that I would know?) but I got the rep.

Sn/CJ

Pulls

11/15/2013
    Missed the last three days due to a friend's emergency, bad work schedule, and finally, illness that culminated in an explosive (but cathartic!) case of the runs. I went to the gym after not eating all day today + losing most of yesterday's calories, so I didn't lift and took a light conditioning day instead. Haven't done barbell complexes in forever.

Dreaded cardio
    Barbell Complex 1 (clean pull + hang clean + front squat + push press to BTN + squat + BTN jerk) = 1 rep
    50kg x 15 reps in 14:17

I did barbell complexes often last year and thought they were fun as shit, but I am weak and deconditioned right now so the weight and reps = low and time = high. Let's see how long it takes me to readapt.

11/16/2013
    Push
    Press ID: 167.5x3,1
    Catastrophe! My shoulders were good and roasted today, probably being so deconditioned for the barbell complexes yesterday. I gave it a go anyway and still got 3 (and then tried again only to fail after 1), so it wasn't the end of the world but definitely left a sour taste. Will dial up the volume day a hair and see what next time looks like.

Squat
    Squat: 320x5x3 Can't argue with this. But set 3 rep 5 felt like a deathblow to my whole body and it was time to leave and go eat.

Sn/CJ

Pulls

11/18/2013
    Bad day. Shoulder and knee not cooperating.
    Push

Squat

Sn/CJ
    40kgx3x2
    50x3
    60x3
    65x3
    70 missed it 6 times........guess I'll go fucking kill myself now.

Pulls
    Eccentric snatch pulls: 90kgx5, 105x5, 110x5
    Snatch deadlift: 115x5

11/19/2013
    Lifting on shit diet and running on 700 calories for the day (450 from hardboiled eggs and 250 from fucking cookies I found in a break room...not the break room because that would imply that I ate something I had a right to when actually I scavenged these from the cell biology department. # of gold medals won on this diet? ....Actually probably not 0 given the general shittiness of the USSR, but I am not David Rigert, that is to say, it's time to get fucked.

Push
    Press VD:
    Press 152.5x5x5
    Dialed it up a notch to counter the mess that was the last intensity day.

Squat
    Front squat 255 for 4+1 (lost my grip and had to rerack the bar and reload it onto me) and then for 3 before I tipped over and dropped the bar onto the pins. No idea what was wrong with me except that maybe FS shouldn't come after press? Frustrating to say the least considering that my legs weren't even tired. I didn't want to push it and risk injury though so will take this again next time.

Sn/CJ

Pulls

starting strength coach development program
    11/24/2013
    I missed the last few days because a friend of mine had a medical emergency and I was busy trying to help her and her family out. Back in the saddle today.

Push
    I did a bunch of overhead work during the week involving moving and assembling furniture, which I counted as my recovery day and maybe even light conditioning, so..skipped to intensity day.

Press ID:
    Press 170x3
    Ehhhhh I'll take it.

Squat
    Squat: 325x5x3
    Patella tracking much better these days and this is tantalizing close to where I was hovering around when I got hurt back in March.

Sn/CJ

Pulls

Page 5 of 187 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast