starting strength gym
Page 98 of 125 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108 ... LastLast

Thread: Rob's Brooklyn Block (periodization) Party

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    You did great! Congrats on the PRs and the 9 for 9, I've yet to do that!

Quote Originally Posted by tdood View Post
    You did great! Congrats on the PRs and the 9 for 9, I've yet to do that!
    Thank you Tom!

I realized I forgot the funniest part of the day which was when I lost track of where the 2nd flight was in their squats. All of sudden my friend Margie frantically says to me "Chris said you need to warmup your bench ASAP." i turned around and see the bench is set up and they are about to start and surely I'm near the beginning of the middle of the flight.

My entire warm-up consisted of 155x5 and then 2 minutes later I was on the platform (and walked out with my shorts still on, wallet and phone in my pockets) and took my opener at 231.

You know what? No big deal.

congrat's on a great meet.

Quote Originally Posted by lou t View Post
    congrat's on a great meet.
    Thank you Lou-- it was a pleasure!

duplicate post...
    Last edited by Rob Israel; 08-05-2015 at 12:43 PM. Reason: dupe post

Low stress week, Day 1

Today was a fucked up day in more ways than one. Nearly didn't go to the gym and then I got there and realized I left my belt and shoes at work and almost threw in the towel there. I was in rough shape and not feeling great. But the show goes on... I'm not squatting this week in hopes my knee heals.

I am suppose to do sets of RPE6 (?) and 7. I don't know what that's suppose to feel like... Light?

DL (no belt, in sneakers): 365x5, 345x5, 365x5x2
    The first set felt hard, then I dropped the weight and it was way too easy. (RPE 6?). Then I upped the weight and it was still light. Finally on the last set I got fatigued and the 5th rep slowed down pretty good.

OH Press (no belt): 125x5x3
    Not the program, but seemed more expeditious . I haven't pressed in months and months and it showed. My entry I had done 155x4 and 160x3. I'll be back there in no time but this cycle I AM GOING TO PRESS BODY WEIGHT.

DB Incline Bench (5's): 60, 70, 75, 70, 70
    Some of these were hard and I got a minor left pec strain.

This week is going to be a weird schedule so I'll go 3 days without squats. I like what I did today, but realized I should have benched. Not sure what I was thinking at that moment when I went with the press. I'm going to do 3 benches in 2 days Thursday and Friday.

Weight remains under 83Kg. Jordan is adjusting my program so we'll see where that leads. This week will be chill but I'll have to jam conditioning in one day when I lift which is going to be tough time-wise. Happy I actually got my lifts in.

Here's my 463 DL. I see a good bit of wobble in the bar which means it's still getting away from me. I may train pulling in slippers next time I test or compete:

Rob, you had a great meet! I must admit, going 9/9 is probably the best way to leave a meet somewhat optimistically regardless of hitting PR's or not. But you did it with PR's and in my opinion, some lbs in the tank. This bodes well for future gainzZz. Nice work boss!

What Dwayne said about the meet. Nice job! Also, you have such a flat back when you deadlift. It's very pretty.

...still waiting for that squat video : )

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne_KONG_Wint View Post
    Rob, you had a great meet! I must admit, going 9/9 is probably the best way to leave a meet somewhat optimistically regardless of hitting PR's or not. But you did it with PR's and in my opinion, some lbs in the tank. This bodes well for future gainzZz. Nice work boss!
    Thanks Dwayne, agreed. I'm not sure when I'm going to compete again-- I want to heal up this knee and generally feel better so we'll see. I hope I can maintain and base build and then maybe restart my climb to 1,200 later this year.

Quote Originally Posted by sking1001 View Post
    What Dwayne said about the meet. Nice job! Also, you have such a flat back when you deadlift. It's very pretty.
    ...still waiting for that squat video : )
    Ha, cool-- I'll get that up there. It was pretty smooth I think. I had a little problem with my back earlier this spring but I've always been very strict about it and it's paid off. I have a pretty fucked up lumbar (in terms of my disks) so I've always been paranoid about it and very careful. Some would say I don't push my DL hard enough in training, but I err on the side of safety and maintaining form.

Thank you my homies!

starting strength coach development program
    Here's the 3rd squat at 413: