starting strength gym

Thread: First Competition- Questions for Training Plan

Default First Competition- Questions for Training Plan

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I'm a 5'3" female, 115 lbs., 26 years old. I've been seriously lifting for three years now, with no significant breaks, and am competing in my first meet in July.

My current PRs are:

Squat: 230 lbs.
    Deadlift: 240 lbs. (my weakest lift)
    Benchpress: 100 lbs.

In competition I would like to hit:
    Squat: 250 lbs.
    Deadlift: 275 lbs.
    Benchpress: 115 lbs.

I've been using the women's Texas Method program for 6 months (I know...probably too long) but I've seen consistent progress and have gone up at least 10 pounds on all lifts every month since I began Texas Method.

So my question is... what should my training program look like in these next 11 weeks leading up to the meet so that I can continue to gain strength without burning out my body? My plan is to run the Texas Method through May and then do a taper for the month of June. Thanks an advance for any advice!

Welcome Marissa! Texas Method gets a lot of hate around here, but I've been running it for 45 or so weeks with (what I think) is pretty good progress. If you're happy with it, I would keep running Texas until a week out. I would convert the last ID to work up to your openers, then take a week long taper.

Quote Originally Posted by mgilchrest View Post
    Check out chromoly's log in the intermediate section. Many of your stats are similar. You could PM her directly as well, she's super nice.
    Lies. I'm not nice. I also have a good 20-25 lbs on Marissa. But I did start at 5'3", 115 lbs and age 26.