starting strength gym
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Sarah la Rosa's training log - Rehab to AO

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah_la_Rosa View Post
    This next few weeks is the critical/exciting time. If I can squat 230 for 3x5 w/good form I'm going to be over the moon.
    That will be awesome. You got it gurrrrrl.

Knew it!!
    You're time will come, young padawan.
    My training partner is quoting Star Wars. I win.

You're a machine Sarah! What you're doing is really impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post
    My training partner is quoting Star Wars. I win.
    Meant to be

Chipotle huh? Wolf must be rubbing off on you
    Strong training here. Some very solid numbers. That's a huge squat for 3x5. In the dozens of women that I have taken through SS, I have only seen 2 women run their 3x5s over 225.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Niki Sims View Post
    That will be awesome. You got it gurrrrrl.
    Thanks Niki! Today was goooooood.

Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    You're a machine Sarah! What you're doing is really impressive.
    Thanks Kel! It's been a long time since I felt like I was moving serious weight. I'm very excited to be getting into what I feel is some serious numbers, for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gillian Mounsey View Post
    Chipotle huh? Wolf must be rubbing off on you
    Strong training here. Some very solid numbers. That's a huge squat for 3x5. In the dozens of women that I have taken through SS, I have only seen 2 women run their 3x5s over 225.
    It was such a decision to make that day! It was the first day 'official' day of Jordan's nutrition plan with me. I was torn between going w/Wolf because of his special two-for-one card (the man gets special treatment there..) and my new macro regime. I tried to mitigate between the two and only had single meat. This was disappointing to Wolf.

Thank you for the encouragement, Gillian.
    This injury has been such a lesson in humility, but mostly patience. Patience with my body to recover, not to push too fast, try to keep my ego in check. I've gained a lot of perspective on balancing out my lifts (Not just squatting, because that was my favourite thing.) and learning how to execute the lifts in the best form I can do.
    I'm so grateful to be surrounded by knowledgeable people to help me get through all of it.

1 30 14

Bench
    145x3x5
    Went pretty well. Still pushing last rep down my chest. Last rep of last set had to be ground out, but I got it. Really lost my shoulders for that rep. Couldn't do 3 breaths for sets 2&3. Bar speed was snappy for all previous reps. Maybe I should do some shoulder mobilization on Sunday to ready for next session. I also want to figure some dynamic warmup to feel a bit more warm before I lift.

1 31 14
    Foam roll external rotation

Squat
    225x3x5
    That's right bitches. Faster than 222.5. Lots of adrenaline, big smiles. Need to still focus on L knee out, especially on the decent. Wolf said the first few reps of the last set were textbook form. Very pleased w/bar speed, ready to take down 230!

RDLs
    95x8, 125x5, 145x5, 165x5
    I have to make up the stretch reflex because I'm too flexible. Made it for 1/4-1/2 below knee? This is my opening set, so taking it light to see how it feels. Good to have Wolf to watch and make sure everything is on point.

Took my new BCAAs (+creatine) post workout. They are gross. Bleh, sucralose.

Points for Wolf noticing and admiring my matching shirt and headband combo from lulu.

>>>CFSBK open gym!

Press
    I had some idea that maybe this would work the day after bench. I was wrong. Warmed up and then it wasn't happening.

HIIT
    Rogue dogsled sprints w/165# on it
    5 min warmup w/sled
    [0:20 on // 2:00 off] x8
    5min put-the-sled-back-in-the-gym cool down
    5 min erg cool down
    Serious bicep fatigue on the rower, what's up with that?
    It was really cold outside for the sled, did this in shorts, because I'm tuff (read:dumb) like that. Spent the entire time on the rower staring at how red my legs were, with the notable exception of this white line where my vein runs down my left quad. Oh perfusion.

Planks
    45# 1:00x3
    25# side planks 0:35/side x3
    These felt good again.

Pull-ups you say? What are those?
    I seem to have forgotten them this week... Probably will jog my memory on Monday.
    Last edited by Sarah Archenbronn; 01-31-2014 at 09:52 PM.

Yeah! Lots of good stuff here.
    Chipotle is great, even for the macro conscious since you can totally customize it and then get all the nutrition info from their handy guide online.
    Look at your squat! Super excited for you, Sarah.

I'm excited for your squat too. I'll bet you can run this thing up to 250 for 3x5. I'm glad Wolf has learned to take note of matching lulu.

starting strength coach development program
    1 30 14

Squat
    225x3x5
    That's right bitches. Faster than 222.5. Lots of adrenaline, big smiles. Need to still focus on L knee out, especially on the decent. Wolf said the first few reps of the last set were textbook form. Very pleased w/bar speed, ready to take down 230!
    Saweeeeeet.

What Gillian said....250.

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast