starting strength gym
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Sarah la Rosa's training log - Rehab to AO

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    2/3/14
    Foam roll external rotation. Did 45min mobility yesterday.

Squat

45x2x5 95x2x5 paused
    135x4, 175x2, 210x1
    227.5x3x5
    Still moving. There were a few reps that were less than perfect, but overall I feel good about everything with the squat right now. I got a little bolder today and tried to put a little more speed on the bar, make it "snappy". I went back into my logs last night and realized that I have failed 230x3x5 in 2012&2013. It was a point where I would switch to 3x3 or, in the CF programming, we went to 1x5 w/drop sets. I think that gave me some nerves as I approached the bar today, but the sets have made me feel pretty confident that 230 isn't going to be a problem. Must be the carbs, Jordan!

Bench
    45x10, 75x5, 95x3, 115x2, 135x1
    147.5x3x4
    So, this was not awesome this week. The last rep of the last set was just terrible. Going to try again on Friday. I really felt like I kept loosing my shoulders. I failed rep five on sets 1&2, didn't even try for five on the 3rd. But.. This is still PR in volume, so I'm not too upset. 3s have always been easier for me on bench.

DL
    135x4, 185x2, 225x1, 255x1
    275x5
    I know I did good this week because as soon as I put the bar down and I looked over at Wolf he had a biiiig smile on his face. Squeeeeeze is my new cue. I think I have been trying to power clean (playing to my strengths) all my heavy deadlifts, which really doesn't work after a certain number. Stayed out over the bar.. no catching at the knee.

Overall I'm exhausted after today's volume. It was a lot. Wolf smacked me on the back before I DL just to try and wake me up. I'm going to keep this week's schedule, but I think it may be time to start moving stuff around so I'm not doing 3 heavy lifts on one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice work! Totally understandable why you're tired!!

And if you just did 227.5x3x5, you'll get 230.

Quote Originally Posted by Gillian Mounsey View Post
    I'm excited for your squat too. I'll bet you can run this thing up to 250 for 3x5. I'm glad Wolf has learned to take note of matching lulu.
    Quote Originally Posted by Niki Sims View Post
    Saweeeeeet.

What Gillian said....250.
    Alright, ladies. I'll see if I can work it into the schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by scteacher View Post
    Nice work! Totally understandable why you're tired!!

And if you just did 227.5x3x5, you'll get 230.
    Yes! I'm feeling pretty awesome right now. Getting the feeling of not being broken... I always love getting into new numbers. Even if it comes w/pre-lift anxiousness.

Damn, dude, that is awesome!! Hells yeah to feeling not-broken, too!

Sent from my ADR6330VW using Tapatalk 2

You forgot to log your training yesterday:

18 sets of 12, eye rolling at my sarcastic jokes
    3 sets of 5 yelling at me to stay tight
    1 set of 1 giggling at my attempt to snort
    etc...

You have no control of your soft palette, it's terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah_la_Rosa View Post
    You have no control of your soft palette, it's terrible.
    I'm not a natural palette athlete. Don't hate.

2 5 14

Paused box squats
    45x2x5, 75x5, 95x5, 145x3
    180x3x5
    Felt great, again. Worked on explosive drive out of bottom. Very pleased w/how light this feels right now.

Press

45x5, 60x5, 75x3, 90x2, 100x1
    108x4, 3, 4
    Eeerrrrm. Ok. I know it's only 1/2# more. Missed #4 on second because I let it get to far out in front of me. Switching to triples next exposure. I'll stop pretending that five is going to happen.

HIIT on erg

5 min warmup
    [0:20 on // 2:00 off] x8 on
    10 min cool down
    1:37-1:41 splits. Wasn't mustering up the strength I wanted, I was just striving to stay under 1:40.

Chins

Hey! I did chins! Felt pretty good overall. It's almost like I weigh less, or something...

Planks
    45# 1:00x3
    25# side planks 0:35/side x3
    Emotional struggle. No desire to do these today, but threatened myself that I wasn't allowed to squat heavy on Friday unless they were done. So, they were begrudgingly done.

Overall today was haphazard. I showed up at the gym with all of my stuff, except my clothes. Shoes, belt, weights, knee sleeves, socks... all that stuff, but no shorts, no sports bra. Doh.
    Then some guy was doing curls in the squat rack I like. I almost gave him a talking to. I still can't believe this actually happens. (This is only the second time I have seen this in person.)
    Nonetheless, the workout got done. I'm just not going to say it was svelte.

2 7 14

Squat
    45x2x5 95x2x5 paused
    135x4, 175x2, 210x1
    230x3x5
    PR! Woohoo! I got really psyched up for these today. I was a touch nervous, but I channeled it all into bar speed. I'm so pleased with how good these felt and looked. Next week i want a little more control on my knees being out, but just so happy to have hit this and nailed it today.
    I haven't squatted anything this heavy for reps in over 15 months. I feel strong again. It's so nice.

Bench
    45x10, 75x5, 95x3, 115x2, 135x1
    147.5x5,4,4
    Arrerrg!!! I have to drop to 3s. My bar speed was great until I get sloppy at rep 4 and start moving my point of contact with my chest progressively down. I have to stop this, but I still don't understand exactly why I start doing it. (I haven't had success with fixing it during the lift when Wolf cued it.) It completely destroys my power output.

RDL
    115x5, 155x5, 185x5
    Feels good. Notably heavier than last time.

Overall I'm psyched with today. 230 is a mental hurdle that was standing between what I qualify as recovery training vs new strength acquisition. There is still a lot in the tank for this LP with the squat and I'm excited to see where things go.

230 squat, second set:

starting strength coach development program
    Yes!!!! Sara, this is wonderful!

You should feel great about this, and they looked great. Super excited for you!!

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast