starting strength gym
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Sarah la Rosa's training log - Rehab to AO

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    What is your BW at? Dem squats are crazy.

I just found your log, and I admire your perseverance through injury. I can relate. Coincidentally, I also competed at the 2013 NJ States, but on Sunday 8/11 in the 220's. Best wishes for continued progress! I look forward to following your journey.

By the way, I don't know if anyone posted this or told you, but the American Open does not have any qualifying totals. You just have to enter the meet.

Quote Originally Posted by K.Diesel View Post
    I just found your log, and I admire your perseverance through injury. I can relate. Coincidentally, I also competed at the 2013 NJ States, but on Sunday 8/11 in the 220's. Best wishes for continued progress! I look forward to following your journey.

By the way, I don't know if anyone posted this or told you, but the American Open does not have any qualifying totals. You just have to enter the meet.
    Thanks K.Diesel!

As far as I have understood, you need a qualifying total in your weight class at an officially sanctioned USAW meet to go the American Open for Olympic lifting..
    I had 2 friends that went last year and one that wasn't able to hit his total, so I'm pretty sure about this?
    (I know, question marks do not instill confidence.)

I Think K. Diesel thought you were trying to qualify for the PL American Open, instead of the USAW AO.

I suppose it is confusing as I haven't been Olympic lifting right now...

Note on that: I'm waiting a little bit longer to heal/get stronger before I go back into heavy Olympic lifts. I worked up to heavy power cleans at 170x5x3 in early January and did some jerk work, but my low back was as starting to feel overtaxed. I think in March, depending on how stuff feels, I'm going to reintroduce that back into my training.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post
    I Think K. Diesel thought you were trying to qualify for the PL American Open, instead of the USAW AO.
    Yes sir, that's exactly what I thought. Sorry about that!

What's the QT you're working toward?

Quote Originally Posted by K.Diesel View Post

What's the QT you're working toward?
    75+ is 166kg
    75 is 158kg

I'm working towards the 166 - just in the event that I can't cut far enough to get down to 75kg category. I haven't weighed less than 79 kilos since 2007 when I was a 'runner'. (A few years of mental insanity and weakness.)

2 8 14

HIIT on erg
    5 min warmup
    [0:20 on // 2:00 off] x8 on
    10 min cool down
    It was ok. Actually programmed the rower today for sprint intervals. Splits at 1:35, 1:37x2, 1:38, 1:41, 1:40, 1:42, 1:39. Totally rested in between, I normally row slowly, but I was liking the concept of just sitting there.

Planks

45# 1:00x2
    25# side planks 0:35/side x2
    A little lazy today.

Got to coach one of the trainers at equinox on her squat. (She was at the same SS seminar I was in last April.) Fixed her bar placement and depth. Was really fun to see how thrilled she was with how the last set felt when we made those few adjustments.

+3 hours of watching Rori KILL it at RUM.

2 10 14

Bench

45x10, 75x5, 95x3, 115x2, 135x1
    148x3x4
    Pretty good. Last set could have been a bit better, I was starting push the bar down my chest, but overall I had good bar control with 3s. I'm much more comfortable with this rep scheme and keeping my shoulders down and tight.

Press
    45x5, 60x5, 75x3, 90x2, 100x1
    108.5x2x2
    105x3, 103.5x2x3
    Press was really good today. Changing up this rep scheme gave me a lot of confidence under the bar. I have really been feeling like I was going nowhere with this lift recently, so Wolf's reprogramming definitely helped. I'm actually looking forward to seeing some progress on this. I hadn't realized how down I had gotten about this lift until today.

Chins
    THE DEBIL.
    Feeling fast, controlled.

Overall, good day.
    HOWEVER some uglier version of Quentin Tarantino tried to make off with my training partner today. Guy better watch out or he's gonna get cut.

2 11 14

Rolled, hip flexor and external rotation

Squat

45x2x5, 95x5 paused
    135x4, 175x3, 195x2, 215x1
    232.5x3x5
    Interesting day. First set was hesitant, second set strong, third fell apart on reps 3&4, but I pulled it back together for the 5th. I was worried about how tight/tired my hip flexors were, didn't stretch properly the day before. Didn't have a lot of energy. I'm trying to tread the line of good form and progressing in the weight, 230 had been so good.. I'm just really scared of getting hurt again and that came out full force today.

DL

135x4, 185x2, 225x1, 255x1
    280x5
    This felt good. Lost some of my upper back tension on #4. Strangely enough I never worry about my back with DL. It felt a little slow through my generalized slowing zone (upper shin - just above knee) but Wolf said it was fast enough that he didn't have to yell at me.
    Maybe one day I'll have a decent posterior chain/DL

A few power cleans and jerks at 95, just for fun. I miss this lift. Just have to be patient for a little longer.

HIIT on erg

5 min warmup
    [0:20 on // 2:00 off] x8
    10 min cool down
    I forgot to write down the splits, mostly 1:37-1:39, hit 1:32 on the first. Totally just sat there on the rower during the rest period. Lazy.

Planks
    45# 1:00x3
    25# side planks 0:35/side x3
    Ok. Just doing the thang.

Overall: felt really worn out today and lacking energy. I'm really happy I pulled it together for the DL. I was worried that I was too tired to pull it off. The floor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Sarah Archenbronn; 02-12-2014 at 07:47 PM.

starting strength coach development program
    Totally just sat there on the rower during the rest period. Lazy.

Hey, rest is rest. Take it.

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast