starting strength gym
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Sarah la Rosa's training log - Rehab to AO

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post

Don't worry Niki, I'm like Jesus. I get injured for your sins. So everyone else can PR. Basically, Sarah, you should expect to squat 315 and deadlift 365 really soon.
    Don't tease me like that...

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post
    Seriously though, it was a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to this. Great job staying tight on your paused squats, and PR-ing your volume bench!
    Yo tambien, compadre. I just hope I don't have to chalk John's initials on your ass *every* session...

1 22 14
    Massage from Inka. Good stuff. QL work. Left erector and QL has been pretty tight.

HIIT on erg
    5 min warmup
    [0:20 on // 2:20 off] x7
    10 min cool down
    6255m total
    Sprint splits were 1:38-1:41, deteriorated to 1:45-6 by last sprint. Was really hungry and hadn't eaten a lot before doing this, but wanted to get the work done. This lower back muscle QL stuff may be bc I just started ramping up conditioning, no? Let's check back in 2 weeks and see how it is going.

1 23 14
    Squat
    220x3x5
    Better than anticipated. Anything near 230 makes me concerned. I just don't want to fail/have form break down. It's been over a year since I squatted more than 230 for reps. [old 5rep max is 250]

Press
    107.5x5,4,5
    I went on my toes for the last two reps of the last set. Grr. Did good on keeping abzz tacked down. Stared at them in the mirror. I like pressing in the mirror, helps me focus. Maybe I just like mirrors.

DL
    270x4+1
    Motherfucker! First three were fast. Wolf said I was jerking against the bar instead of squeezing on last rep. Waited 1.5 min and pulled the +1 fast. Going to drop frequency of DL to 1x/wk. redo 270 Don't forget your mouthguard! Don't condition before DL day.

Planks
    45# 1:00x3
    25# side planks 0:35/side x3
    Opposite of Tuesday, these super sucked. Got easier when I went over to sticky stretch mat.

For some reason I'm completely exhausted from this workout today. I still feel some tightness in the left erector/QL, but nothing felt bad while lifting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Sarah Archenbronn; 01-23-2014 at 05:07 PM.

1 25 14

HIIT on erg
    5 min warmup
    [0:20 on // 2:20 off] x7
    10 min cool down
    6207m total
    1:34!-1:40 splits. Mostly stayed at 1:37-1:39, 1:40 hit in last sprint. Good strong pulling, I think my technique is buttoning up, made sure heels were down solid out of the catch. Need to work on my arms out of the catch to maximize pull.

12min psoas roll.
    R side was really tight. Did some glute/QL work too.

Bench
    142.5x3x5
    Was cold, benched at Wolf's to get this in with a spotter. Bar speed was good. Last set had a little bit of slowing, started pushing it down my chest a touch. Overall solid set, still working on doing 5 rep in 3 breaths... Super useful suggestion from Starting Strength Coach Extraordinaire, Wolf!

Skipped pause squats to give back/legs a rest.

Adjusting programming for this next week to blend better w/Wolf's schedule and account for getting towards old PR on DL.

Back feels great today. Happy!

Last edited by Sarah Archenbronn; 01-26-2014 at 11:40 AM.

1 27 14
    Foam roll, external rotation

Squat
    45x2x5 95x5 paused
    135x5, 175x3, 205x2
    222.5x3x5
    Felt a little slower than I wanted. Had a minor amount of midline shift to right on a few reps that Wolf called and I corrected. otherwise sets 2/3 were pretty ok.

Press
    45x5, 60x5, 75x3, 90x2, 100x1
    107.5x4,3,3
    Shit show. Smacked myself in the chin. Spent the entire lift being upset. Pulled it together to do 3s, but couldn't hit fives w/o layback. Wolf said was pushed around my face, which makes sense since I was freaking out. Stick to 3s, try to fix your form next week.. Maybe not smack yourself around.

DL
    135x5, 185x5, 225x2, 250x1
    270x5
    Wolf wants me to change my rep scheme for warmup. 4,3, 2,1 for reps. Adjust next week. Fourth rep slowed. Fifth went up, but a little sticky at the knee. Figured it out.

Skipped planks for chipotle. Weird day today. Tripped out trying to figure out my new nutrition plan. I need to mentally get over presses. It's so mental for me and I have the worst time getting in the headspace to do them. And the bar does not go up unless I figure out to be in it 100%

Planks
    45# 1:00x3
    25# side planks 0:35/side x3
    Did planks at CFSBK, glad I did. Good to see errybody.

1 29 14
    Foam roll, external rotation.

Paused box squats
    45x2x5, 75x5, 95x5, 145x3
    175x3x5
    Felt really great today. Great speed on the bar, good drive out of the bottom. Very pleased.

HIIT on bike/erg
    5 min warmup on bike+ 1 sprint
    [0:20 on // 2:00 off] x7 on erg
    10 min cool down
    Erg freed up after my first sprint, So I quickly switched. 1:33-1:40 splits. Mostly 1:36-1:39, 1:40 touched on sprint #7. Took it extremely easy on rest intervals, was feeling super gassed at the end of each sprint, trying to max the output.

Last edited by Sarah Archenbronn; 01-29-2014 at 08:49 PM.

Hi Sara,
    Just found your log. Great work, I'll be following along. Here's to continued recovery and strength gains! I also had sciatica last year...No Bueno!
    Last edited by Lakshmi Meadows; 01-29-2014 at 08:55 PM.

i love reading your log. I hear YOU when I read it. I miss you. Bring me cookies n cream. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by John Petrizzo View Post
    i love reading your log. I hear YOU when I read it. I miss you. Bring me cookies n cream. Thanks.
    That sounds like Rori... not John. Hahaha

If I come out Saturday, I will!
    Last edited by Sarah Archenbronn; 01-29-2014 at 09:04 PM.

Thanks Lakshmi!
    This next few weeks is the critical/exciting time. If I can squat 230 for 3x5 w/good form I'm going to be over the moon.

And Sciatica. Worst. Thing. Ever.

HAHAHA SARAH it was me! I didn't realize until after I just wrote my own log post that John must have logged in on my computer. He must have been lazy and mine was opened and his was off. You know my speaks so well. Cookies n Cream fo'life! and I haven't even had it yet goddammittt

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by RoriMegan View Post
    HAHAHA SARAH it was me! I didn't realize until after I just wrote my own log post that John must have logged in on my computer. He must have been lazy and mine was opened and his was off. You know my speaks so well. Cookies n Cream fo'life! and I haven't even had it yet goddammittt
    Knew it!!
    You're time will come, young padawan.

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast