starting strength gym
Page 101 of 270 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 2699

Thread: Legitimacy first, then greatness. Adam Skillin is a competitive powerlifter.

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    5/27/15:

Press: 125 x 5, 145 x 3, 160 x 4
    Bench: 145 x 10 x 3
    Reactive Slingshot Bench: 165 x 10 x 2

Press wasn't that good. I'm still fatigued from Monday and even a little sore. Also I'm still light, been rocking about 153 lbs of bodyweight.

Did the bench with the slingshot for the last 2 sets because a new toy came and I wanted to play with it. Deadlifts tomorrow (I hope), some kind of quadzz accessory work, then off for a weekend camping trip with a makeshift workout Saturday morning involving loaded water jug carries and jumping up and down or something.

Also ordered a pair of Adipowers. Black with red and stuff. The price on Amazon was too good to pass up. $127 and change. I might wait until the end of 20's to switch, just in case they feel different than my PPII's, which will become my travel/backup shoes or something.

Good about of volume tonight...
    The jury is still out on whether I can make it Monday. ( I'm now calling my wife "the jury")

Where are you camping?

Quote Originally Posted by tdood View Post
    Good about of volume tonight...
    The jury is still out on whether I can make it Monday. ( I'm now calling my wife "the jury")

Where are you camping?
    Barryville New York. It's "camping." Very cushy.

Quote Originally Posted by tdood View Post
    Shadood showing up during the week? Do eet! Although if you wanted to bring over that OPB on a Thursday for pulls, I wouldn't say that would be a bad idea...

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Skillin View Post
    5/25/15:

Squat: 275 x 20*
    Bench: 180 x 5, 205 x 3, 230 x 5
    Press: 100 x 10 x 5
    Chin-ups: +60 x 9

*Lungs were just as on fire as last week, but my entire muscular system didn't turn into quivering masses of failitude (during the set anyway), and while the G-man did help me re-rack, I could have done it myself. Big/slightly surprising improvement over last week. Legs are smoked. I am smoked. Which makes me less upset about the 230 x 5 bench. I know I'd have had 6 @ 230 in me if I had done them fresh.

Back is still slightly messed up. Still taking vitamin I, but should be in pulling shape by Thursday!

So why don't you just do the squats last, and get more work on the bench? You'll still get all the squats, and can relax afterwards. Are you doing the pullovers for ribcage expansion also?

Quote Originally Posted by Chebass88 View Post
    So why don't you just do the squats last, and get more work on the bench? You'll still get all the squats, and can relax afterwards. Are you doing the pullovers for ribcage expansion also?
    I'm actually not sure I would get all 20 reps if I did them after bench. Plus, it's nice to get out from underneath that black cloud. This is a temporary leggertrophy block, and the squat is the priority. If everything else stagnates for that time period, I'm okay with it. My ribcage is fine. I checked it out this morning, while doing my vacuum pose in the mirror.

That makes sense. Keep pushing through the fun of 20 rep squats!

Quote Originally Posted by Chebass88 View Post
    That makes sense. Keep pushing through the fun of 20 rep squats!
    Ha ha, thanks man. Sometimes the thought of having to admit that I quit on a set in my log is what keeps me grinding. By the end of this cycle, I should have a grinder rating between 0.75 and 0.80 Petrizzos.

5/28/15:
    Deadlift: 350 x 5, 400 x 3, 445 x 2*
    Front Squat: 155 x 10 x **

*Back was pretty good but I didn't want to push it to snap crackle pop. Also, I SUCK at pulling in shoes, but committed to doing it for this cycle
    **First set with no straps was no fun, 4 sets using the cheater mode straps around the bar went better, but 5 x 10 at this weight was a little hard, may keep it there for a few weeks

BW all clothed and hydrated at workout time was 153.8. I have to eat this weekend.

starting strength coach development program
    5/29: Setting up camp "feats of strength" including pounding in some huge stakes for the party tent with a sledgehammer, and a little "keg carry challenge"
    5/30: About 5 or 6 Toyota Tundra bed box jumps, and doing most of the paddling in the raft with about 700 lbs of total dudes in it for 4 hours, into the wind on a very slow Delaware.