starting strength gym
Page 170 of 270 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170171172180220 ... LastLast
Results 1,691 to 1,700 of 2699

Thread: Legitimacy first, then greatness. Adam Skillin is a competitive powerlifter.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Good point, guys. I just realized Monday's ID Press will be north of bodyweight for a set of 5. That will be a pretty nice milestone.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Skillin View Post
    Good point, guys. I just realized Monday's ID Press will be north of bodyweight for a set of 5. That will be a pretty nice milestone.
    body weight press for 1 rep is damn good, let alone for reps. OUTSTANDING

Quote Originally Posted by lou t View Post
    body weight press for 1 rep is damn good, let alone for reps. OUTSTANDING
    Thanks, Mr. World Championships. As small guys, I think we have a bit of an easier time getting a bodyweight anything, but I'll take a set of 5 presses at bw + 2-3 lbs if I can get it, and I am almost 100% certain I can get it Monday. A 3-day weekend full of positive thoughts and extra sleep can't hurt.

1/16/16:

Light squats in my new knee sleeves (Evolutionize size mediums): 285 x 5 x 2. Like them a lot.
    Bench: 225 x 5 x 3
    Silliness including a set of 7 chinups. Most I've managed since the mystery lat injury.
    Last edited by Adam Skillin; 01-16-2016 at 11:27 AM.

Why did you not buy standard rehbands or SBD sleeves you weirdo?

Quote Originally Posted by tdood View Post
    Why did you not buy standard rehbands or SBD sleeves you weirdo?
    Mostly because these were $1.

As small guys, I think we have a bit of an easier time getting a bodyweight anything
    If you can't press your bodyweight overhead, you're not strong enough. If you can, you're not heavy enough.

1/18/16:

ambw: 168.0

Squat: 425 x 0 (FAIL), 385 x 3
    Press: 170 x 4 (no fifth rep attempted)
    DL: 495 x 0 (FAIL FAIL & FAIL)

Woke up feeling run down, but thought I was okay after a couple hours. But the above evidence supports what I just don't want to admit. That I'm almost 34 years old, and I just can't run a Texas Method-ey program and train Jits on my current schedule. Pretty frustrated with myself for being so dumb about this. Going to beat myself up a little, take a small deload of some sort, bury my nose in PPST3, and come back re-energized and with a better plan. Hopefully the half dozen or so niggling pains and whatever will see some improvement.

1/18/16:

Woke up feeling run down, but thought I was okay after a couple hours. But the above evidence supports what I just don't want to admit. That I'm almost 34 years old, and I just can't run a Texas Method-ey program and train Jits on my current schedule. Pretty frustrated with myself for being so dumb about this. Going to beat myself up a little, take a small deload of some sort, bury my nose in PPST3, and come back re-energized and with a better plan. Hopefully the half dozen or so niggling pains and whatever will see some improvement.
    Skillin, your not being dumb my friend. You have the same flaw we all do. We don't want to give in to the idea we have limitations. That same stubbornness is a double edge sword.

I recall not long ago you posted here, you were going to stay away from failure or something along those lines because of recurring injuries.

I am the last person to be an example unless its the wrong example. That stubbornness has gotten me here but my body paid a price.

Since I have been utilizing auto reg, I am staying healthy. This style of training, when done correctly, doesn't permit me to push my limits to the max. I used to think, every workout had to be balls to the wall. I'm done with that.

When you beat yourself up tonight use a feather.

starting strength coach development program
    1/18/16:

It's hard to be objective with yourself about what you can handle. I always seem to think I should be able to handle more than my body is capable of.

Keep in mind that the weights you are throwing around are quite heavy. I can't even press your bodyweight let alone my own, so that fact that you knock out 4 reps is impressive.