starting strength gym
Page 40 of 270 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140 ... LastLast

Thread: Legitimacy first, then greatness. Adam Skillin is a competitive powerlifter.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Skillin View Post
    Long road my ass, Skittles. You think I'm going to let you squat more than me for any appreciable length of time? Not likely. Not likely at all, sir.
    Long for you is like 3 days dude. I have to get the work in now while I can, very shortly you'll be back kicking my ass again!

12/9/14:
    Rehab Day 4:
    Squat: 45 x 25, 60 x 25, 75 x 25

12/10:

Rehab is officially on hold. I have a new hypothesis of the injury, and it's not a candidate for this type of rehab (unfortunately, if I'm right, I think surgery will be the only legitimate option).

In the meantime, I think I will be able to do halting deadlifts, seated press (can't comfortably achieve the hip extension necessary for a standing press), bench press (with no real leg drive), and chin-ups if I make a sling for my right leg (although I have yet to devise a plan for weighting them, aside from purchasing a vest or heavy chains to drape over my neck). Suggestions welcome.

12/10:

Rehab is officially on hold. I have a new hypothesis of the injury, and it's not a candidate for this type of rehab (unfortunately, if I'm right, I think surgery will be the only legitimate option).

In the meantime, I think I will be able to do halting deadlifts, seated press (can't comfortably achieve the hip extension necessary for a standing press), bench press (with no real leg drive), and chin-ups if I make a sling for my right leg (although I have yet to devise a plan for weighting them, aside from purchasing a vest or heavy chains to drape over my neck). Suggestions welcome.
    Definitely chains. Gold, preferably.

For real though, that sucks about the injury most likely needing surgery. Keep us filled in.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    For real though, that sucks about the injury most likely needing surgery. Keep us filled in.
    Well, that's based on my internet self-diagnosis. There's always hope that I'm blatantly, awfully, horribly wrong.

Well, that's based on my internet self-diagnosis. There's always hope that I'm blatantly, awfully, horribly wrong.
    This is what we will hope for!

What's your hypothesis?

Quote Originally Posted by manveer View Post
    What's your hypothesis?
    Ruptured adductor tendon. Longus is my main suspect.

Well, I checked WebMD, and since you're a man, it's probably colon cancer.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Herbison View Post
    Well, I checked WebMD, and since you're a man, it's probably colon cancer.
    It's not a tumor!

I hope further investigation just finds you'll need some rest and not surgery, but only time will tell now. Best of luck getting back under the bar soon!