45x10,135x5,225x3,315x1,365x1

435x1 2min 345x6
    435x1, 355x6 or 7 May have lost count lol
    435x1, 365x6

Incline bench press
    45x10,135x5,
    185x5x4

Chins SS with pressing

Good overall session. Squats felt great.
    Last time I sit the 1-6 with 430 single and had the busted capillaries under eyes..not this time Will bump up again should normalize to 455 for potentiation singles when I am close to pr strength which would translate to 510 and back on long term progress path,
    Last edited by Bryan Dobson; 03-05-2020 at 08:58 PM.

Monday 9 March 2020

Deadlift with shoes and belt
    135x5,225x3,315x1
    405x1

495x1 2min 415x6 4min
    495x1 425x6
    495x1 435x2 hit a wall didn’t grind just shut it down on the third rep and went home.we will call that a fatigue stop and repeat the weight on next heavy deadlift in the rotation.

Wendesday 11 March 2020

Press
    45x10,135x5,160x1
    185x1 2 min 150x6 3 min
    185x1. 155x6
    185x1. 160x6

Chins 7,7,7,6,5

Camber bar 2ct pause squat no belt

Barx5,135x5,225x5,275x5. Who knows just using nominal assumption of 45 pound bar.

Pulldowns machine big yellow hammer strength plate loaded POS 180x10,6

Liked the camber bar that was intersting and strangely difficult probably due to unique forward shift in weight.

I think most cambered bars are heavier than normal but there are so many brands who knows. Nice deadlifts!

Back in the garage gym days, what did you do for squats/general legs accessories if anything? I’m having a hard time finding things to do on squat days besides...more squats. I miss having a leg extension/leg curl/GHR/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by elVarouza View Post
    I think most cambered bars are heavier than normal but there are so many brands who knows. Nice deadlifts!

Back in the garage gym days, what did you do for squats/general legs accessories if anything? I’m having a hard time finding things to do on squat days besides...more squats. I miss having a leg extension/leg curl/GHR/etc.
    Fundamentally just squat more(frequently or more)I would throw in a light accessory squat like front squats or bbl lunges, or step ups after a short break broken up by another movement,for example I liked
    Primary squat
    Pressing movement
    Accessory squat

Or if I was doing a upper lower split Just taper the specificity down for 2-3 movements.
    Back squat sets of 3-5
    Front squat triples
    Lunges-sets of 10
    Bw Hindu squats for sets of 15-20
    (Matter of fact I think these beat the leg extension machine to death.)
    100 Hindu after the regular squats to target the quads for extra volume 3 times a week. What Are Hindu Squats and How To Do Them Properly | Ask Muscle

For the hamstrings I just add in extra RDLS and SLDL work. Sometimes you have to be careful with loading.

Social distancing , more conditioning and more athletic calisthenics and some weight vest stuff..haven’t felt like logging any but probably should to track progression this may go longer than I’d like.

Oh wow so everyone wants weighs and plates for the apocalypse, but I will take this as a probably needed break from specificity.

Been making due with an empty bar, weight vest clean and pressing sometimes throwing logs and rocks. Big limestone pieces people getting a pool so I found some monsters they excavated.
    Goodnews is I had a minor back tweek and haven’t been able to reaggravate it. When I get back to loads I will just have to LP for a while but at least I won’t lose my work capacity. I am working on distance for big rock throws and how many handstand pushups I can do or pushups with a 50# vest on. I can do this kind of stuff daily so it’s a respite from working at home and not going anywhere.
    Last edited by Bryan Dobson; 04-01-2020 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Dobson View Post
    Oh wow so everyone wants weighs and plates for the apocalypse, but I will take this as a probably needed break from specificity.

Been making due with an empty bar, weight vest clean and pressing sometimes throwing logs and rocks. Big limestone pieces people getting a pool so I found some monsters they excavated.
    Goodnews is I had a minor back tweek and haven’t been able to reaggravate it. When I get back to loads I will just have to LP for a while but at least I won’t lose my work capacity. I am working on distance for big rock throws and how many handstand pushups I can do or pushups with a 50# vest on. I can do this kind of stuff daily so it’s a respite from working at home and not going anywhere.
    Bryan, I have not logged in here for a couple of years, but was great to see you are still there putting in the work!

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Palmer View Post
    Bryan, I have not logged in here for a couple of years, but was great to see you are still there putting in the work!
    Walter, Not as much since March! But I did get healed up.

I haven’t been logging in or posting a log. Still keep records but I am trying to simplify my complex life and this is one less source of distracting social media to keep up with.
    I think I have officially given up the bench press as a primary movement. My shoulder is much better.
    Keeping the press and the deadlift as primaries and using the bench and squat variations as drivers. I will probably rebuild a garage gym this coming year.
    Last edited by Bryan Dobson; 11-08-2020 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Dobson View Post
    Walter, Not as much since March! But I did get healed up.

I haven’t been logging in or posting a log. Still keep records but I am trying to simplify my complex life and this is one less source of distracting social media to keep up with.
    I think I have officially given up the bench press as a primary movement. My shoulder is much better.
    Keeping the press and the deadlift as primaries and using the bench and squat variations as drivers. I will probably rebuild a garage gym this coming year.
    Hey Bryan! We lifted in New Mexico five years or so ago. USAPL I think.

Just saying hello!

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    Hey Bryan! We lifted in New Mexico five years or so ago. USAPL I think.

Just saying hello!
    Hey Barry just logged in good to see you dropped by.
    I am going to begin to train again. Been a lot of ups and downs and life changes. Doing hard things physically sharpens me mentally and I need all the help.