starting strength gym
Page 71 of 179 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121171 ... LastLast

Thread: Bryan's journal

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I have not logged since Friday because I havent trained.
    Friday I was feeling like crap during the training and during the weekend it got progressively worse.
    Unfortunately, I have a Bad sinus infection trying to be bronchitis. Started a course of antibiotics to help clear this up.

My surgery is in 7 days and I don't want to change the date so I am being conservative to be in the best [possible state going in . I just dont want to make myself worse and not get cleared for the anesthesia , so...keeping my eye on the long game the sooner I get through and recover from the procedure the sooner I can start training effectively again.

The steroid shot to the joint is starting to wear off and that old, bruised to the touch feeling has returned (it kept my shoulder pain free for 5 weeks) I seemed to have timed it well.
    If I can I will try to get a session to three in, no big deal either way since I am about to take a conditioning and work capacity hit.
    I am really looking forward to getting through this and meeting the challenges ahead.

It sucks when life hits you like this, but it happens. I have no doubts you will come back stronger, and - hopefully - pain free eventually (at least wrt the shoulder!). Good luck with the op - and recovering in time for it.

I wonder - what sort of anaesthesia are they planning? The times they split my wrist apart (twice) I only had local anaesthesia, numbing the entire shoulder+arm (awful feeling, but better than getting knocked out).

Quote Originally Posted by DV View Post

I wonder - what sort of anaesthesia are they planning? The times they split my wrist apart (twice) I only had local anaesthesia, numbing the entire shoulder+arm (awful feeling, but better than getting knocked out).
    From what I understand there will be local, a possible nerve block, and a general sedative used. I am not certain they will put me all the way under since it is not exactly a supine or prone position they will be working on me from. I should be out of the surgery center in a sling with my wife to drive me home an hour and a half post op.

I am in good spirits, I sold my house (contract in escrow )and am shopping for a new one, my worklife is going well I just made some obligations I am pressed to meet before next week, and of course there is some anxiety with this step in getting this ac joint issue resolved.
    Sometimes good news can be as stressful, as bad news is, I just have alot going on in a compressed period of time. In the process of getting things done, getting run down happens.

Good to know that everything is scheduled and on track. Good luck with the surgery! No doubt you'll be back stronger than ever!

Well, I have played the part of advocate for surgery so good luck! Surgery always sucks but I'm sure, with your mindset and health going in, it will go well and you will be glad you did it two years from now. Your BP will be 30 pounds stronger in 24 months. Call me Nostradamus.

Thanks Walter.,of course you probably know , I intend to beat that in time and weight.

Good luck with both the surgery and housing ordeals.

Wait, did you purposefully schedule the surgery so you don't have to move boxes? Wise man.

Thanks!

Friday July 17 been a week since I did any training fighting this sinus infection.. Thought I would do a light session today. Enough to get some work but not enough to the detriment of my getting over this sinus shit. I seem to have kicked it out of bronchitis back to just the head.

No real training organization, no real point, just going by feel today.

Press 2.0
    45x5,95x5,115x5,
    135x3,155x2,175x1,185x1,195x1
    135x6x2

Shoulder hasn't hurt, but the rubbing and clicking is still there..I can't wait to go through a press motion and not have that internal friction.

Squats no belt no sleeves. Kept it lit and easy, basicly just warmed up.
    135x5,225x5,315x5

Didn't want to cause too much systemic stress like a dumbass and get worse. It's a nice day in sw colorado today!

Quote Originally Posted by Bryanccfshr View Post
    Thanks Walter.,of course you probably know , I intend to beat that in time and weight.
    My money is on 9 months

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakshmi Meadows View Post
    My money is on 9 months
    Yep. That sounds right.