starting strength gym
Page 73 of 179 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123173 ... LastLast

Thread: Bryan's journal

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Sounds good. Keep us posted as you are able. I slept in a recliner for about 2 weeks. It was just easier.

yeah the tempurpedic mattress seems like a medivel torture device to get out of right now.

I hope your recovery goes well. When I had hand surgery a few months ago it could get decently painful but the meds worked pretty well.

Glad to hear it went well. Good luck with recovery.

slept in recliner last night..much better.

thanks everyone. not much to add.nothing too exciting.. eat, medicate, ice, sleep..repeat.

Hey Bryan, good luck with the recovery. Don't skimp on the meds. Get out ahead of the pain ... you don't want to play catch-up.

I weaned off the hydrocodone-Tylenol yesterday. Massive headache...I hate opiates.
    I am on Advil only now.
    I am working on moving through some range of motion carefully.

That's good. Glad to hear you're progressing. I was on Percocet after my surgery, and I wasn't allowed to switch to Advil/alleve for a week or so because of the bleeding risk. I was begging for the NSAIDs by that point. I needed something I could get aggressive with, without needing to take fistfuls of laxatives just to take a shit, or wondering if my liver was getting wrecked.

Quote Originally Posted by paterfamilias View Post
    That's good. Glad to hear you're progressing. I was on Percocet after my surgery, and I wasn't allowed to switch to Advil/alleve for a week or so because of the bleeding risk. I was begging for the NSAIDs by that point. I needed something I could get aggressive with, without needing to take fistfuls of laxatives just to take a shit, or wondering if my liver was getting wrecked.

I just took a mile and a half walk out in the sunshine, feels good to move around.

My incision is healing well, I look like fish bait with monofilament coming out of the skin..

I am taking the sling off a couple of times a day to open up my chest and work on range of motion. Sleeping with out the sling as well, I woke up this morning doing a deep overhead stretch...didn't hurt, just scared myself.

Feeding myself like I am training. I am Going to the dr tomorrow and try to get some sort of work release so I can get out of the house and be productive.

I can't do everything I normally do but I can teach classes and work on implementing some efficiencies in our newest written safety programs.

starting strength coach development program
    Excellent. Continue to keep us updated. Sounds like it is going great.