Page 106 of 179 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116156 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1782

Thread: Bryan's journal

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Last set of hooked
    DSCN7542 on Vimeo

Last set strapped. I don't like straps they mess with the set up but they save the thumbs with volume.
    DSCN7544 on Vimeo
    Last edited by Bryan Dobson; 07-16-2016 at 12:14 PM.

Sunday 17 July 2016
    Bwt 217.6
    HRV take it easy

Active rest day.
    Worked on retaining wall and did some other hardscaping work. Put in about a mile of loaded carries in doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryanccfshr View Post
    Sunday 17 July 2016
    Bwt 217.6
    HRV take it easy

Active rest day.
    Worked on retaining wall and did some other hardscaping work. Put in about a mile of loaded carries in doing so.
    Yardwork is one of the secret training weapons us old guys have over the young guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Palmer View Post
    Yardwork is one of the secret training weapons us old guys have over the young guns.
    LOL, with a new yard and so much work to do getting On a rower, bike or even walking around the block to get gpp would be redundant. Carrying retaining wall material and pushing yards of granite in a wheelbarrow...that's gpp with a purpose( saving money on labor.)

19 July 2016 Tuesday
    Bwt 218.4
    HRV go for it

Knocked out the light bench work for the day at lunch. I will hit squats later

Bench press
    45x10,95x5,135x3,185x1
    210x2x5
    Second time around to these Acceleration reps and I am getting the hang of it. I was able to put a lot of tension stress on myself by having the intention of moving the bar as fast off my chest as possible.
    As I Make my way through the program, doing it as Dr Hatfield intended I am understanding it a bit more. It doesn't look bad on paper, but the " concentric phases as fast as you can" 5 sets of 2 is not meant to be a real easy day if you actually look at it like this.
    " I only have ten reps to get that bar to move as fast off my chest as possible." A tendo would be neat here, but the genuine intent is what seems to matter to produce the stress with such low reps and load.

I am confirmed for the September 25th Colorado Fall Open.

Last set of 2DSCN7550 on Vimeo
    Last edited by Bryan Dobson; 07-19-2016 at 02:35 PM.

Tuesday 19 July
    Part two

Squats 135x5,225x3,315x1,355x1 add belt and sleeves
    397.5x4x5 sets. Tough today. Heat or fatigue was working me over. In the mid 90's.

Squat overload walkout and 10 second holds.
    570x3

Tried some front squats and TKE's
    Front squats 135x5,185x2/...Nu uh

I think I will focus on injury prevention.. I am getting plenty of volume And need to focus on health and completing all the work to come. Did some TKE's and called it good. Maybe the weather will cool or I will have to break down and go to the gym with AC completing all the workouts is important enough to think about it. . The volume and the weights keep going up for 20 more days.

I need to really shop for some better shoes and a USAPL approved belt. The holes are elongating anyway.

I'll be at the fall open to help out with something, probably reffing or spotting. Will be good to see you! Where's your current belt from?

Last set..
    DSCN7556 on Vimeo

Quote Originally Posted by elVarouza View Post
    I'll be at the fall open to help out with something, probably reffing or spotting. Will be good to see you! Where's your current belt from?
    It is a double prong no name belt from Amazon...It needs replaced anyway, but I also don't want no grief on approved gear...

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryanccfshr View Post
    It is a double prong no name belt from Amazon...It needs replaced anyway, but I also don't want no grief on approved gear...
    The belt approval thing is really annoying. I'm not sure how much of a stickler this meet director is going to be on that stuff. I can ask him about it if you want. I'll see him next weekend at the CO springs meet.

What belt are you thinking of getting?