starting strength gym
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Loraine's Strength Journey

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    6/26/14

Comp. Bench: 140x4 @7, 155x4 @8.5, 160x4 @9. Felt strong!

Paused squat: 205x4 @6, 220x4 @7.5, 225x4 @8.5, 225x4 @9

CGBP: 135x4 @7.5, 155x2, 155x2. Lost focus at the end of this session as I felt the fatigue from this last week on General Surgery come down on me.

6/28/14

Comp. DL: 275x4 @7, 305x4 @8, 320X2. Bar was getting away from me on the top set.

TnG Bench: 140X4 @7, 155x4 @8, 165X3 (Missed last rep as rookie spotter had his hands hovering around the bar and in my face. Lost my bar path.)

Made is safely to San Antonio this morning. Excited to find out what my schedule will be like at the hospital for this next month!

7/1/14

Comp. Squat: 225x4 @6, 245x4 @8, 265x3 (went for fourth rep and got hit by the heat wave at the bottom, couldn't stand it up), 235x4 (fatigue) <-- DONE IN REEBOK NANOS, woo hoo!
    2-ct Paused Bench: 135x4, 145x4, 155x2

First training session in Texas. Performed in a gym that was 90+ degrees with just a few industrial fans. And, boy, was it humid! The bar felt like it was going to slide right off my back. And don't get me started on the benching...back tightness was not an option and I was sliding all over the place.

7/1/14

Comp. Squat: 225x4 @6, 245x4 @8, 265x3 (went for fourth rep and got hit by the heat wave at the bottom, couldn't stand it up), 235x4 (fatigue) <-- DONE IN REEBOK NANOS, woo hoo!
    2-ct Paused Bench: 135x4, 145x4, 155x2

First training session in Texas. Performed in a gym that was 90+ degrees with just a few industrial fans. And, boy, was it humid! The bar felt like it was going to slide right off my back. And don't get me started on the benching...back tightness was not an option and I was sliding all over the place.

Welcome to tx! Chalking the bench and wearing a cotton shirt will help a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by melody View Post
    Welcome to tx! Chalking the bench and wearing a cotton shirt will help a lot.
    Thanks Melody! I will give that a try today.

7/3/14
    (two days late, sorry)

Comp. Bench w/ belt: 145x4 @7, 160x4 @8, 170x3 (went for 4th rep and failed)

Front Squat: 135x3, 185x3...legs we feeling pathetic and I can't remember feeling so wiped out and weak. Didn't complete this training session :-\

My work capacity has clearly taken a hit. Only way to get past this is to keep my motivation and keep showing up to train. More to follow..

Hey Loraine. Been following your log these last few weeks. Lots of my lady friends are vaguely interested in lifting but are nervous about how it will change their appearance. Hope you don't mind, I've been directing them to your youtube channel so that they can see it's possible to lift big and still look good, and it has given a few of them the confidence to get started. They're all new and I doubt any of them will be as strong as you are any time soon, but you've definitely inspired them to get into the rack/platform and put the work in!

Quote Originally Posted by stuffedsuperdud View Post
    Hey Loraine. Been following your log these last few weeks. Lots of my lady friends are vaguely interested in lifting but are nervous about how it will change their appearance. Hope you don't mind, I've been directing them to your youtube channel so that they can see it's possible to lift big and still look good, and it has given a few of them the confidence to get started. They're all new and I doubt any of them will be as strong as you are any time soon, but you've definitely inspired them to get into the rack/platform and put the work in!
    I am so flattered! And of course I don't mind. It is an awesome feeling to know that my actions have inspired others

7/5/14

It started off as normal Saturday. Did some laundry in the morning. Figured I would just eat a late mega-bowl of oatmeal, train 12-2ish then eat a late lunch. Usually when I take this approach, I have a 100% confidence level that my training will, in fact, take place in a gym that meets my needs in terms of hours, equipment, etc. Unfortunately, that is not the case when you are on military training in San Antonio, TX as I currently am. My regular-ish Saturday turned into an epic and frustrating pursuit of gainzzz. For a better part of the day I traveled from closed gym to no-deadlifting-gym to globo gym. I actually started my workout at a Gold's Gym and left shortly thereafter when I realized I was breaking 4-5 of their 12 posted gym rulezzz. There finally was a happy ending to this day once I discovered Olympic Gym (http://www.theolympicgym.com/). I ended up purchasing a 1-month membership to use while I am here for the rest of my training. I have to say, though, that by the end of this day and my eventual training session...it was around 4pm. I was starving and mentally exhausted. I survived, though.

Comp. Deadlift: 275x4 @7, 305x4 @8, 320x3 (went for a fourth and it didn't come off the ground), 285x3 (fatigue)

TnG Bench: 150x4 @7, 165x4 @8, 175x3. Woo hoo!

Due to my highly catabolic starvation state at the end of my benching, I figured I would put the pin squats off till today (6/7) when I got off work. Unfortunately, the gym closed right at 6pm (when I showed up)..so no squatzzz

Quote Originally Posted by lcb View Post
    My regular-ish Saturday turned into an epic and frustrating pursuit of gainzzz.
    Don't be acting crazy! This experience makes me want to scope out the gym at Ft. Gordon ahead in advance. I'm praying for decent equipment, or at least a gym close enough to cab to. Even better, finding a resident who also trains! Either way, sounds like a crazy day, glad you have a solution in place. Keep up the good work. We all miss you!

starting strength coach development program
    Missing my virginia family, too!!

7/9/14

Comp. Squat: 255x1 @6.5, 275x1 @8, 225x4 @6.5, 235x4 @7, 255x4 @8.5

2-ct paused bench: 135x3 @6.5, 145x3 @8, 155x3 @9

Felt pretty strong today considering I'm fighting several days of illness! Had to cut my session short as it was 8pm by the time I finished benching. Very happy with my new gym here in San Antonio!

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast