starting strength gym
Page 28 of 154 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast

Thread: Leah's Log

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Having to see Derf in two European cities would be more than even I could withstand.

It is possible you could see me 'from' two European cities.

I'll stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Campitelli View Post
    Having to see Derf in two European cities would be more than even I could withstand.
    One day I too will travel to Northern Europe and I will train at Derf ' s gym.

That would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldman View Post
    Sorry to hear about the session, Leah. Changing approaches, adding volume, working in new lifts--any or all of these give me trouble. But then there's the adaptation, and life is good again. You do more than most people to take it to the next level, so this is probably bound to occur over time...You'll be where you need to be enough; that's my prediction.

I have a very low ceiling in our basement, so I would probably be looking at one of the Rogue S-1s, with spotter arms. (I will need to get some cheap rack or stand to press outside, lol.) Can I ask: when it came to the bar, did you look at the Ohio Power Bar?
    Thanks, Ed. I do need to just keep moving forward. I sometimes get these unrealistic notions about what I SHOULD do, and I don't account for life. The truth is that it was a lot of volume, and I have made progress. I need to remember that. :-) And I've been operating on about 4 hours a sleep for way too many days.

The Ohio Power Bar is the new one, right? From everything I've read, you should buy that one. I love my WPB, and I actually bought that awhile back. I've had it stored at the gym and just brought it home.

Forgot I also have a C2 rower, and my kilo change plates should be here by the end of the week. Then I'll have everything, at least for awhile.

I've used the Rogue S-2 a lot, and I like that one. Since I have the space (truthfully my dad has the space, but he's happy to have me train there), I really wanted a rack.

12/17/14
    LP week 4, day 2

Deadlift
    130kgx5 so heavy, too heavy for all three sets
    125x5x2 all without straps this time

Bench
    62kgx5x2 and my right arm has been bothering me more and more, so I stopped there. I'm tired of it hurting.

Squat, beltless
    100kgx3x3

This week of LP is just killing me, but just one more day.

You can do it, Teach!

Hell yeah Leah! One more day.

Haha, thanks to you both! Tomorrow!

starting strength coach development program
    12/20/14
    LP week 4, day 3 (sort of)
    Flew home from a whirlwind trip away and attempted to lift
    125kgx5, 4
    123x4
    I'm certainly happy I got all those 275 reps in, although I was really hoping for a full 15. I was fading super fast though.

Bench
    I warmed up, did one set at 62kg and decided I needed to go to bed.

12/21/14
    Row sprints x12
    Bench 62kgx5x3 barely, so probably some shorter than 1 sec pauses at the end
    7 min abs