starting strength gym
Page 63 of 154 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113 ... LastLast

Thread: Leah's Log

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by gtl View Post
    Curious about the running as well. Are you just implementing steady state cardio, and running just happened to be a modality?
    Yes, Just adding some steady state to work on increasing my work capacity and keep my BW down. I just chose running for that session, but I think I'll use the bike this week. Haha.

8/25/15
    Dev week 3 day 2
    It's kind of amazing how my mind can go boink during these meet-prep weeks. Last week this volume was fine and my food was fine. This week I am being crushed and I am getting nice and hungry (hangry at times to be honest.)

Bench
    174x1 @8
    141x4x6 @7.5 (That's what it was supposed to be...it was harder than that, but I don't think I care right now. I will get a bench PR at Nationals, and I think I need to just push this more.)

2 ct. paused squats
    231x3x6

Reverse Grip Bench (my new least fav lift)
    103.5x6x4

How many weeks out? I was just talking with someone about how I can barely recover between training sessions from 6-2 weeks out then I can bring the intensity down and focus on openers, timing and recovery for meet day.

It's this time when all stress, plans etc need to be dialed back maybe even to an extreme so we can focus and recover.
    Last edited by Lakshmi Meadows; 08-25-2015 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakshmi Meadows View Post
    How many weeks out? I was just talking with someone about how I can barely recover between training sessions from 6-2 weeks out then I can bring the intensity down and focus on openers, timing and recovery for meet day.

It's this time when all stress, plans etc need to be dialed back maybe even too an extreme so we can focus and recover.
    I'm 6.5 weeks out, and I agree that this is the tough time. I have one more heavy volume week next week and then it's cutting back. I also realized today that I need to get my mind back on recovery again. I have slacked off, and that's a very poor choice, I know. :-) So I'm going to try to get into the chiro tomorrow and get some aches and pains worked on, then I'll keep that up. I also need sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by scteacher View Post
    I'm 6.5 weeks out, and I agree that this is the tough time. I have one more heavy volume week next week and then it's cutting back. I also realized today that I need to get my mind back on recovery again. I have slacked off, and that's a very poor choice, I know. :-) So I'm going to try to get into the chiro tomorrow and get some aches and pains worked on, then I'll keep that up. I also need sleep.
    You've got this! Be selfish with how much time and energy you give to others. That's at least what I'm "allowing" myself :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Lakshmi Meadows View Post
    You've got this! Be selfish with how much time and energy you give to others. That's at least what I'm "allowing" myself :-)
    Thanks for saying that! I worry about that sometimes, but I'm aiming to be "selfish" about this prep.

8/26/15

35 min bike, steady state
    Abzzz
    Banded good mornings
    Chins
    Lots of mobility

8/27/15
    Dev week 3, day 3

Soul-crushing deadlifts
    330x1
    282x4x6

TnG Bench
    150x3x6

Press
    77x6x4

Quote Originally Posted by scteacher View Post
    8/27/15
    Dev week 3, day 3

Soul-crushing deadlifts
    330x1
    282x4x6

TnG Bench
    150x3x6

Press
    77x6x4
    Deadlifts crush my soul too.

They won't keep you down though, you're too strong for them.

starting strength coach development program
    Thanks Aleli! I just have to keep at them or my squat is going to over take my DL again. :-0

8/28/15
    Dev week 3 day 4

Slingshot Bench
    198x3x6 stupid kg conversions. If I had been thinking, I might have just tried for 200#, but then that might not have been smart.

Front squat
    165x6x4

RDL
    a bunch. These are proving very tough for me to muster enough care for. And my back is always shot by this time.