starting strength gym
Page 79 of 154 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129 ... LastLast

Thread: Leah's Log

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by scteacher View Post
    I am pretty excited about how it's all going right now, and just so we're all on the same page-I'm not actually going to do any bodybuilding comps. Those are some intense competitors for sure, but if you know me, my limit is walking on the platform in the Inzer singlet. ;-)

11/9/15
    made it all the way to my face. So yeah, I have a fat lip from cleaning. Seems almost impossible, eh? But I did it!
    will I be seeing this pic on instagram?

Power Cleans, with some hang power cleans too. And one clean that *somehow* made it all the way to my face. So yeah, I have a fat lip from cleaning. Seems almost impossible, eh? But I did it!
    Ouch. Good explosiveness, though.

No pics, Lou, alas. But yeah, we'll go with explosiveness over lack of coordination. One of the oly coaches offered to help me out if I help him with his bench. Hahaha, interesting trade, but sure.

And I think I could almost eat non-stop right now and still be ok. So much volume. Someone asked about my diet, I replied-"It's the best ever! I eat SO MUCH FOOD now. I can't believe it!" (Imagine me saying this with great excitement. Then he asked what that means, how many calories. Hahaha, meanie made fun of me for being so excited about getting almost 2k/day.

No pics, Lou, alas. But yeah, we'll go with explosiveness over lack of coordination. One of the oly coaches offered to help me out if I help him with his bench. Hahaha, interesting trade, but sure.

And I think I could almost eat non-stop right now and still be ok. So much volume. Someone asked about my diet, I replied-"It's the best ever! I eat SO MUCH FOOD now. I can't believe it!" (Imagine me saying this with great excitement. Then he asked what that means, how many calories. Hahaha, meanie made fun of me for being so excited about getting almost 2k/day.
    Coach J starting me off with more carbs than I normally would consider eating. Up calories too. not used to shoving food in me. I just don't want to gain any fat. see how it goes

question darling, Jordan has me on a 4/day training w/2GPP. I'm not used to doing squat and dl's on different days. not sure how i want to organize my training week yet. I may go every other day and fill in the off days with 2 GPP's.
    How do you arrange your week?
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lou t View Post
    Coach J starting me off with more carbs than I normally would consider eating. Up calories too. not used to shoving food in me. I just don't want to gain any fat. see how it goes

question darling, Jordan has me on a 4/day training w/2GPP. I'm not used to doing squat and dl's on different days. not sure how i want to organize my training week yet. I may go every other day and fill in the off days with 2 GPP's.
    How do you arrange your week?
    thanks
    Yep, after all this time, I just trust what he says to eat (well mostly...). It's not like he's trying to get me fat and slow.

I have 4 lifting days and 2 GPP days as well. It's usually:
    Day 1: Mon (also my high day)
    GPP 1: Tues
    Day 2: Wed
    GPP 2: Thur
    Day 3: Fri
    Day 4: Sat

But sometimes I start my week on Sunday instead and have Saturday as my off day. When I have a 2nd high day, I put that with Day 2. That means I have high days for both my squat and DL days.

I also do a lot of traveling so when push comes to shove, I do whatever I have to do to make it all work : adding GPP to a lifting day, lifting back to back, even doing all 4 lifting days in 3 days if needed. So the above is my ideal.

Yep, after all this time, I just trust what he says to eat (well mostly...). It's not like he's trying to get me fat and slow.

I have 4 lifting days and 2 GPP days as well. It's usually:
    Day 1: Mon (also my high day)
    GPP 1: Tues
    Day 2: Wed
    GPP 2: Thur
    Day 3: Fri
    Day 4: Sat

But sometimes I start my week on Sunday instead and have Saturday as my off day. When I have a 2nd high day, I put that with Day 2. That means I have high days for both my squat and DL days.

I also do a lot of traveling so when push comes to shove, I do whatever I have to do to make it all work : adding GPP to a lifting day, lifting back to back, even doing all 4 lifting days in 3 days if needed. So the above is my ideal.
    I hear ya. my calender moves around. I like to keep 1 GPP day on SaT OR Sun, its the only time I have access to Prowler.

I worked my high days the same as you, make sense to eat the days you do the most.

I know he's not trying to get me fat. but at 60 the fat comes on fast. I'm not concerned we will make mod's if necessary.

thank you for taking the time

PS. I told Jordan his task is to make me as strong as you....you can ask him.

Quote Originally Posted by lou t View Post
    thank you for taking the time

PS. I told Jordan his task is to make me as strong as you....you can ask him.
    Any time, Lou. And thank you! That's a pretty awesome compliment!

11/10/15

Deadlift
    285x5
    285x7 and then I think I kind of gave up. I might have had one more in me....

Press
    66x10x5

Walking lunges
    66x10
    77x10x4

I'm getting caught up on logs and what do I read? An invite to Worlds!! That's incredible. Can't wait to cheer you on.

Enjoy the swole and copious food too!

Quote Originally Posted by jenica View Post
    I'm getting caught up on logs and what do I read? An invite to Worlds!! That's incredible. Can't wait to cheer you on.

Enjoy the swole and copious food too!
    Thanks, Jenica!

11/11/15
    Kind of ended up being an odd day, so...

Slingshot bench
    145x12
    155x10x4

Then some chins and dips

starting strength coach development program
    Hey Leah,
    curious about how you handle the following:
    I pick a weight I think will be appropriate for 6 reps @ RPE 8 x 3 sets, say 250lbs. I reach 5 reps on my first set and know if I stop at 6 as prescribe I will have 3 reps left, do I:
    1. stop @ 6 and adjust the weight for the next 2 sets
    2. stop @ 6 reps adjust the weight to get to RPE 8 and do 3 sets @ 8
    3. do as many reps with 250 until I get to RPE 8 and adjust the weight for the next 2 sets @ 8
    3. stop @ 6, keep the same weight for the next 2 sets.