starting strength gym
Page 27 of 154 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast

Thread: Leah's Log

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I seriously don't know how you're squatting that weight for volume with only one day rest. I would also be crushed. Hope you get a little more recovery

Thank you. I need to hear that! I thought I was SO recovered going into this session. Then with those misses the very rarely heard event of Leah swearing occurred. But I was by myself in the garage, so if I swear and no one hears it, did it really happen?? ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Derf123 View Post
    The sooner people realise Power Clean ability is either given at birth or unobtainable the sooner we will all be happy...
    Hush. Power cleans get better with practice. Despite Leah's protestations, I have seen her do some very good cleans.

Leah is perfection Tom - stop stating the obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by scteacher View Post
    12/15/14
    LP week 4, day 1

Squat 123kgx5, 4, 4
    I was basically crushed by these physically and emotionally. :-) I was fighting tears for set three.

Bench
    61.5kg x5x2, 4
    My bench is so horrendous right now, and I have no idea why.

Rows 80kgx3x3
    I was not really winning the war against tears by this time.

Might be my worst session in a long, long time.
    Sorry to hear about the session, Leah. Changing approaches, adding volume, working in new lifts--any or all of these give me trouble. But then there's the adaptation, and life is good again. You do more than most people to take it to the next level, so this is probably bound to occur over time...You'll be where you need to be enough; that's my prediction.

Ed,

I now have a Rogue Monster Lite rack, a Rogue bench, Westside power bar, and Rogue training bumpers. :-) It is so, so helpful to have this here, just for the flexibility. I love my gym, and I'll still go there, but sometimes I really need to extra time and sometimes it is just way too crazy in there. It will likely be obnoxious in Jan.
    I have a very low ceiling in our basement, so I would probably be looking at one of the Rogue S-1s, with spotter arms. (I will need to get some cheap rack or stand to press outside, lol.) Can I ask: when it came to the bar, did you look at the Ohio Power Bar?

Leah is perfection Tom - stop stating the obvious.
    I had planned to put this up before reading your comments on the clean above, so don't get too excited. Nonetheless, I felt it was timely, especially the part at the end.

https://www.facebook.com/14242402249...type=1&theater

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Campitelli View Post
    I had planned to put this up before reading your comments on the clean above, so don't get too excited. Nonetheless, I felt it was timely, especially the part at the end.

I did see it - and chuckle. I'll take your word for it that neither I nor Leah was the inspiration.

Sorry to spam your log Leah.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Campitelli View Post

Although I am getting much better at the starting position, and I actually managed to pull the bar close enough that it actually, really, truly brushed my thighs, I know I still bend my arms too much.

I think the part we are supposed to appreciate is that Derf and I need to attend the London camp, right??

I did see it - and chuckle. I'll take your word for it that neither I nor Leah was the inspiration.

Sorry to spam your log Leah.
    I am going to choose to take it personally, being a highly sensitive female and all. ;-) I'm trying to get worked up about right now, if fact.

starting strength coach development program
    I am going to choose to take it personally, being a highly sensitive female and all. ;-) I'm trying to get worked up about right now, if fact.
    Being married I totally get, that it would be inappropriate to say I'm sorry right now - as you have probably already scheduled 47 minutes to do this.

Also, I will see Tom in Copenhagen - so London may be overkill.