starting strength gym
Page 2 of 60 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: 1400 Total @ 148?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Ape288 View Post
    Haha what are your lifts looking like?
    Right now? Ugly. I did something to my back two and a half weeks ago and am trying to push through it. I'll be lifting in the October Iron Fest in Atlanta next Saturday. I was hoping to get at least 535/245/630 on squat/press/deadlift, but we'll see how it goes now.

I finished with two singles at 495 for squat yesterday, but got to the same weight on deadlift and had to abort. I'm fairly sure it's something nerve-related, and I'm sadly under-informed in that area.

I'm 6'4" and 242 lbs, so a bit different body-type.

Nice lifting. That 515 squat might win the "best grinder" award for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Levon_Xidyn View Post
    I've been subscribed to you for awhile now on YouTube. When I was reading the lifts/BW I thought it was you, but surprised I was right!
    Haha yeah man it's me. whats your YouTube account name?

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Herbison View Post
    Right now? Ugly. I did something to my back two and a half weeks ago and am trying to push through it. I'll be lifting in the October Iron Fest in Atlanta next Saturday. I was hoping to get at least 535/245/630 on squat/press/deadlift, but we'll see how it goes now.

I finished with two singles at 495 for squat yesterday, but got to the same weight on deadlift and had to abort. I'm fairly sure it's something nerve-related, and I'm sadly under-informed in that area.

I'm 6'4" and 242 lbs, so a bit different body-type.
    Don't push too hard man. Discs are tricky and iffy. Ironically, I had a slight bit of sciatica once that was pestering me for weeks and it was a set of heavy as deadlifts that cured it lol. I'm not the brightest though.

Quote Originally Posted by elVarouza View Post
    Nice lifting. That 515 squat might win the "best grinder" award for awhile.
    Thanks, bro. I have a problem with grinding too much haha.

555lbs low block pull + 315x15 stiff leg DL

My hip is starting to feel a bit better. I managed to pull from about 4 inches lower than what I did last week, just below my knees. This is actually my weakest point in the conventional deadlift and I have always been able to pull more from the floor than from this height, so this a pretty good sign of things to come when I'm fully healed.

I also managed to pull semi-stiff legged from the floor after this. I did 3 sets of 10 and finished off with this last set of 15. I probably could have gone heavier but I resisted the urge because there was really no point. I still can't pull properly from the floor without pain, but I'm hoping I will be able to in the coming weeks. The sumo posiition (which is how I will pull in comp) doesn't aggravate the hip anymore either. So now the question is, how will it hold up when I'm pulling on 600lbs? Only time will tell.

As of now, I still plan to hold off on squatting again until the first of November, but I will probably add an inch or 2 to the range of motion of these pulls for the next couple weeks. Then come November I likely won't deadlift again until the competition.

Still forced to use straps in all pulls because my hand is still shredded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAOb-GWgGF4

Haha yeah man it's me. whats your YouTube account name?
    Leviwca, but I'm a weakling so you wouldn't know it

Quote Originally Posted by Levon_Xidyn View Post
    Leviwca, but I'm a weakling so you wouldn't know it
    Haha hey man I used to be a weakling in the not so distant past. We all have to start somewhere.

10 Minute Deadlift Challange: 405lbs for 48 reps

I couldn't resist the lure of the BodybuildingRev 10 minute deadlift challenge. I ended uppulling 405lbs for 48 reps in 10 minutes. No straps, no touch and go, just a belt. My goal was 50 going into it. I ended up attempting 49 lifts but missed one at lockout. 48 isn't bad though. Let me know what you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tCQJkDuiQU

starting strength coach development program
    Haha hey man I used to be a weakling in the not so distant past. We all have to start somewhere.
    What were you lifting when you started out??

10 Minute Deadlift Challange: 405lbs for 48 reps

I couldn't resist the lure of the BodybuildingRev 10 minute deadlift challenge. I ended uppulling 405lbs for 48 reps in 10 minutes. No straps, no touch and go, just a belt. My goal was 50 going into it. I ended up attempting 49 lifts but missed one at lockout. 48 isn't bad though. Let me know what you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tCQJkDuiQU
    Amazing!

Page 2 of 60 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast