starting strength gym
Page 129 of 141 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 1401

Thread: Lou's Log

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    thank you all for the birthday wishes.

I've spent this weekend contemplating whether continuing to lift is a good idea.

My left shoulder continues to deteriorate by the day. Yesterday and today, several times doing normal stuff, I felt my left shoulder/biceps tendon pop and the pain froze me in my tracts.

Given this situation and my erector problem I don't see a path to competing.

I've already had 1 injection and if I have another one (will need to be about 6 weeks from previous). It's only been about 4 weeks. Even if I decide to get another one, I will still need surgery and will have to wait about 3 months from last injection (risk of infection if sooner). I don't want to find myself having surgery during the winter and than dealing with the snow.
    I am considering seeing the surgeon to schedule surgery for sometime in August.

If I do this obviously will kill the rest of the year for competing and at least 3 months for training.

I'm not sure what to do here. a part of me wants to grind this out and get to the nationals but the way I feel I just don;t think fucking around with another injection just to compete makes sense since this last injection didn't help.

I seem to be arriving at the conclusion I know is inevitable....surgery is more sooner than later.

Last edited by lou t; 06-12-2016 at 04:56 PM.

For what it's worth, I'd say take a break and get your body right. You've already accomplished more than most of us in your age group, better in fact than most of people half your age. You're only 60. You could have another two decades of setting the bar for others in your age group. Get right, get older in good health, and keep being a role model for us geezers.

Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by Farback View Post
    For what it's worth, I'd say take a break and get your body right. You've already accomplished more than most of us in your age group, better in fact than most of people half your age. You're only 60. You could have another two decades of setting the bar for others in your age group. Get right, get older in good health, and keep being a role model for us geezers.

Kirk
    thanks Kirk. Appreciate your thoughts.
    I didn't sleep last night shoulder throbbing kept me up. Calling surgeon today. Time to get this done.

Quote Originally Posted by lou t View Post
    I didn't sleep last night shoulder throbbing kept me up. Calling surgeon today. Time to get this done.
    Can't sleep, can't train properly, I think the time is right.

Quote Originally Posted by lou t View Post
    thanks Kirk. Appreciate your thoughts.
    Hope you can get this sorted soon and everything goes well, Lou.

Best wishes, Lou. Hope everything goes ok.

I think you are making a good decision by getting it done now.
    It will be hell for a while, but then you can look forward and start building.

I hope everything goes well.

Quote Originally Posted by manveer View Post
    Hope you can get this sorted soon and everything goes well, Lou.
    this.

Belated happy birthday Lou. Probably the right move to get yourself fixed. Hope you're doing ok.

starting strength coach development program
    thanks all

6/16

GPP Day

8 minute amrap abs
    roman chair situps alternating between BW and BW + 25

8 minute amrap back
    V grip pull downs
    tempo 0-0-3

HITT
    20/140 x 15 rounds Recumbent Bike

Note:
    I have an appointment with surgery on 6/28. In the meantime, I'm going to do what I can. So the lifts I will be doing:
    hip belt squats
    hip belts paused
    deadlifts
    seated cable rows
    1 arm machine rows
    chest supported rows
    leg press 3-0-0
    RDL
    PEndlay rows

I haven't trained since last week. Shoulder was just too painful. Trying to work around it until Dr. appointment.