starting strength gym
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt Bickford's Log - Raw PL & Musings

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Sunday post meet:

I wound up having an all time crappy performance today. I felt weak from the start of warmups and only went 4/9 after having an excellent training cycle. I did however have an excellent time getting to kick it with awesome folks all weekend and had a really solid time. I'm excited to get back to the drawing board and make improvements. Onward!

I got the pleasure of watching a ton of great starting strength folks lift. Jordan executed an awesome meet. He wasn't totally stoked about how he felt, but I think he went 8/9 and made all of the right calls with what he had there and pulled of a 5th place finish out of 100+ lifters. On top of that he was cool enough to make sure my weight cut was running well on a day he was lifting, what a coach. I really appreciate that guy's help. If you're thinking about hitting him up for coaching, do it. There were a ton of good lifters in the 72kg women. Leah crushed it and set awesome PRs, Rori looked very strong, and Dana set a couple PRs as well. I also got to meet several others from the forums like Vince, Lou T, and Tom Shadood. The Super Dood is a monster puller,and was a fun person to compete with. Beau and the Westminster crew had a good weekend. They had a couple women who were squatting in the mid 300s. I'd also like to thank tall Sean for handling me on the fly and hooking up the ammonia.

The starting strength crew and coaches were all very well represented. I was very impressed by how many people who post of here or coach who were so outgoing and willing to lend a hand. good weekend yall.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Bickford View Post
    Sunday post meet:

I wound up having an all time crappy performance today. I felt weak from the start of warmups and only went 4/9 after having an excellent training cycle. I did however have an excellent time getting to kick it with awesome folks all weekend and had a really solid time. I'm excited to get back to the drawing board and make improvements. Onward!

I got the pleasure of watching a ton of great starting strength folks lift. Jordan executed an awesome meet. He wasn't totally stoked about how he felt, but I think he went 8/9 and made all of the right calls with what he had there and pulled of a 5th place finish out of 100+ lifters. On top of that he was cool enough to make sure my weight cut was running well on a day he was lifting, what a coach. I really appreciate that guy's help. If you're thinking about hitting him up for coaching, do it. There were a ton of good lifters in the 72kg women. Leah crushed it and set awesome PRs, Rori looked very strong, and Dana set a couple PRs as well. I also got to meet several others from the forums like Vince, Lou T, and Tom Shadood. The Super Dood is a monster puller,and was a fun person to compete with. Beau and the Westminster crew had a good weekend. They had a couple women who were squatting in the mid 300s. I'd also like to thank tall Sean for handling me on the fly and hooking up the ammonia.

The starting strength crew and coaches were all very well represented. I was very impressed by how many people who post of here or coach who were so outgoing and willing to lend a hand. good weekend yall.
    just my 2 cents Matt, making it to the platform at the Nationals is being successful. Having that experience is awesome. And meeting my virtual friends in person is a blast.

Haha superdood!
    It was good lifting with you too man, it's too bad it didn't come together for us on the platform.

Hey, Matt. It was awesome getting to meet you this weekend. This really was a tough meet but a great learning experience. I'm looking forward to seeing all you guys lift next time.

Great job, Matt. I'll see you Sunday at the Fall Classic, and we can crush many souls. Be ready because now that you've met me, you can see that I LOVE crushing souls.

The crappy meets are the ones that give us something to bounce back from. You got this, bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Skillin View Post
    The crappy meets are the ones that give us something to bounce back from. You got this, bro.
    Thanks, Adam. I'll rip shit up next time.

Wednesday 10/21/15

Deads:
    455 x 6 @7, 470 x 6 @ 8, 480 x 6 @ 9

Incline Bench:
    195 x 6 @ 7, 205 x 6 @ 8, 210 x 5 @ 10

I ran out of gas on these quickly. I haven't done them since before I could grow facial hair.

BSS:
    40 x 6, 45 x 6, 50 x 6

I stopped early on these. Gonna work up much higher on there next week. These give me IOMS, immediate onset muscle soreness.

Thursday 10/22/15

High Bar ATG:

325 x 11 @ 7, 345 x 11 @ 8, 345 x 11 @ 9, 315 x 11 x 3 @ 8.

Press:

115 x 11 @ 7, 125 x 11 x 2 @ 8/10, 105 x 11 x 3 @ 8/9/fuck me.

Dips:
    BW x 11, 11, 11, 8, 8, 6

My work capacity is pretty poor right now. I was supposed to knock out 5x11 @8 but things got a little hairy after the first set. The good thing about endurance is that it's a cheap adaptation and I'll get it back pretty quickly.

starting strength coach development program
    Friday 10/23

SGDL:
    315 x 12 @ 7

3 count pause bench:
    185 x 12 @ 8

I was pretty damn site for lifting this week so I called it early. Im doing a lot of movement I haven't done in a long time. I'm going to repeat week one if this block next week

Sat 10/24

Tempo prowler pushes to shake the soreness.

Chins:
    36 reps in 12 minutes... Not bad for my skinny-fat self

Barbell an rollouts:
    About 60 reps in 12 minutes all done nahce and slow

BB Curls:
    3 x 8 x 65. I'm gonna do a little curl LP on my GPP days inspired by Santana and use the micro plates.

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast