starting strength gym
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: TeamOmega Crash's Fall Classic Preparation

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    That is some seriously strong lifting from both of you.

Very impressive lifting from both of you. Damn, your wife is insanely strong.

Quote Originally Posted by anniemichael View Post
    Also -- watching your lifts again reminds me that I personally thought your second squat attempt did reach depth just fine. The judging was a little weird...in the morning session, there were literally NO red lights for anything other than a complete miss, while in the afternoon session, there were a lot. To my (admittedly not very experienced) eye, there were at least a few squat attempts in the morning session that didn't hit depth yet got three whites.
    I was pretty surprised to get red lights on the second squat as that has never happened to me before. I have never even gotten one red light. I think my wide stance probably just looked different and threw them off. Video makes it look depth. Judging is part of the sport and I will trust the judges did the best they could. I am glad I moved up for the last squat.

Thanks for the support everyone, and yes my wife is freakishly strong. I knew that from the minute we started a LP. We started at 135 squat and the first to drop a squat rep loses. Somewhere near 300 for 3x5 she dropped her first rep.

Quote Originally Posted by anniemichael View Post
    My fiance and I lifted in the morning session (first meet for both of us). Watching you and Erin lift in the afternoon session was absolutely a highlight of the day. Just spectacular, a treat to watch.
    Welcome to the sport! There were some excellent lifts in the first half of the day and its always fun to share with someone else!

Quote Originally Posted by TeamOmega View Post
    Thanks for the support everyone, and yes my wife is freakishly strong. I knew that from the minute we started a LP. We started at 135 squat and the first to drop a squat rep loses. Somewhere near 300 for 3x5 she dropped her first rep.
    Damn. Your lady is crazy strong!

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Damn. Your lady is crazy strong!
    I love when we have a new lifter to our gym. Everytime, my wife is warming up and she is around 3 plates, new person asks you need a backspot, or you need help with that? Haha, come back in a couple more warm-ups and maybe! A lot of man pride has been hurt

Oh the bitter taste of 3 wilks points! Jordan Feigenbaum with a 392 wilks score. I gave it my best but knew that he was going to be a challenging opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by King of the Jews View Post
    You are aware that just placed 5th at raw nationals, about a week, right? I believe in the 93kg class.
    I was aware of his abilities going in. Doesn't mean I wasn't going to try win.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamOmega View Post
    I was pretty surprised to get red lights on the second squat as that has never happened to me before. I have never even gotten one red light. I think my wide stance probably just looked different and threw them off. Video makes it look depth. Judging is part of the sport and I will trust the judges did the best they could. I am glad I moved up for the last squat.
    Your stance and your quad musculature make your squats a little hard to judge. 2nd one is hard to tell from the angle, but I would probably agree with the side judges.
    Regardless, awesome lifting by you and your wife.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Hannon View Post
    Your stance and your quad musculature make your squats a little hard to judge. 2nd one is hard to tell from the angle, but I would probably agree with the side judges.
    Regardless, awesome lifting by you and your wife.
    The judges did a great job at the meet and judging depth is very challenging, especially on people with big legs and a wide stance. As mentioned I trust they did the best that they could and accepted their decision and moved on. My assessment from the video and knowing what my squat looks like from side and front, I am going to assume for my training purposes that it was probably at depth and not make any adjustments for the future. I have no intentions of arguing or disagreeing with the judges on the matter for the purpose of competition. Urban Crossfit and their judges did a great job.

Thank you!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234