starting strength gym
Page 22 of 91 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Thread: The Road to 405

Brodie Butland is offline Starting Strength Coach
    Consigliere

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    That press ain't no joke, bro...good lifting!

I'm also glad to see that using "Petrizzo" as a verb has caught on.

Quote Originally Posted by Brodie Butland View Post
    That press ain't no joke, bro...good lifting!

I'm also glad to see that using "Petrizzo" as a verb has caught on.
    Thanks Brodie! I'm closing in on 200 I think. Will probably try for an all out max the week before I compete to see where I'm at. And there's definitely going to be more Petrizzoing going on tomorrow

10/4/16

Squat: 400x2x3

400x2 - set 3 - YouTube

DL: 415x3x2

415x3 - YouTube

Airdyne: :20/1:40 x 4

Well shiiiiiiiiiiiiit. I'm oddly more excited about 400 than I will inevitably be about 405. Nice round number I guess. These were a little grindy. Have 3 heavy weeks then a deload before the Meet so I may switch to singles next week. Will see. First rep of every set felt good. Second rep of every set felt off in some way. Overall fine with it though.

DL flew. I think combination of floor upgrade, bar upgrade, plate upgrade, environment upgrade, and re-instituting an old custom - the belted DL. I do appear to be a bit more on my heels with these, but less than I used to be. I opted to just do two triples and add 10lbs next week. Afterall will continue with volume Deads on Friday so just being a little conservative here.

I don't hate the airdyne anymore thankfully. the 20/140's felt good and I'll keep adding reps to these as we go on. Feeling good!

Congrats on hitting 400, Ryan! Looking forward to seeing you in LIC.

Thanks! Looking forward to seeing you and the rest of the gang at the Fall Classic. Always such a great atmosphere

Very nice! Going to have to change the title of this thread to "495"

As you know, I'm also experiencing some elbow discomfort. My last two training sessions I performed some lying tricep extensions (sets of 10) with the empty "EZ" bar before squatting, and then repeated a few sets between my sets of squats. My elbow pain has improved significantly. Not sure if I'm onto anything with this, or if others have tried this approach, but figured I'd mention it as a possible way to address the pain.

Also, I'm sure you're concerned that you haven't seen me this week at the gym. I'm training Wednesday and Friday this week.

Hope the rest of your week goes well!

Jim

deadlifts looking so easy!

Quote Originally Posted by JimB View Post
    Very nice! Going to have to change the title of this thread to "495"

As you know, I'm also experiencing some elbow discomfort. My last two training sessions I performed some lying tricep extensions (sets of 10) with the empty "EZ" bar before squatting, and then repeated a few sets between my sets of squats. My elbow pain has improved significantly. Not sure if I'm onto anything with this, or if others have tried this approach, but figured I'd mention it as a possible way to address the pain.

Also, I'm sure you're concerned that you haven't seen me this week at the gym. I'm training Wednesday and Friday this week.

Hope the rest of your week goes well!

Jim
    Whatever do you mean? I'm on the road to a 405 bench obv. Squats are easy.

Interesting about the elbow stuff. I'll try to remember to give that a shot.

Dude those 20mins we get to chat while I wait for Wolf's tardy clients are such a good start to the day! See you soon

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne_KONG_Wint View Post
    deadlifts looking so easy!
    Yeah looking back I should have done 415x3 then 425x3. Maybe I'll do 430 next week? Only 3 weeks of hard training left and the end of that 3rd week will probably be some reduced volume so I may kind of run out of time with DL progression

starting strength coach development program
    10/6/16

Bench: 270x3x2, 235x8

Press: 155x5x5

Chin Torture: BWx5x4, BWx4x6, BWx3x12 = 80

Not great sleep last night so was pretty tired today. Bench was slow so will go to doubles next week. Press was a chore. I really did not want to do chins. Then I did them. I sense tomorrow's workout being a bitch.

Page 22 of 91 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast