starting strength gym
Page 4 of 91 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: The Road to 405

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Damn buddy, a frustrating set-back. The Universe has declared for us to have surgery within a week of each other. Beware of Wolf's Disease!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post
    Damn buddy, a frustrating set-back. The Universe has declared for us to have surgery within a week of each other. Beware of Wolf's Disease!
    Muscle Jesus has declared a State of Emergency. Chelsea has been compromised. No one in or out

Sorry you'll be under the knife, but from reading your log it sounded inevitable and I'm glad the doc can fit you in soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony King View Post
    Sorry you'll be under the knife, but from reading your log it sounded inevitable and I'm glad the doc can fit you in soon.
    Yeah I basically went as long as I could feeling somewhat safe in workouts. But once the pain showed up it was time to throw in the towel

Hey, I've been reading about your troubles. Sorry it has come to this, but wishing you all the best for a good fix and a speedy recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by bean counter View Post
    Hey, I've been reading about your troubles. Sorry it has come to this, but wishing you all the best for a good fix and a speedy recovery.
    Thanks Oliver! I shall return Strong Like Bull

That sucks man. I've been following your log since we're about the same size and our squat goals and numbers were pretty close. I'm pretty sure even with the surgery you'll still 405 well ahead of me. Good luck and heal up fast! Just think of it as a chance to rest up and "pre-bulk" for when you can lift again.

Quote Originally Posted by HiCntry View Post
    That sucks man. I've been following your log since we're about the same size and our squat goals and numbers were pretty close. I'm pretty sure even with the surgery you'll still 405 well ahead of me. Good luck and heal up fast! Just think of it as a chance to rest up and "pre-bulk" for when you can lift again.
    Thanks man! I'm hoping for a swift recovery. Feel free to surge ahead and nail 405

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Arnold View Post
    Thanks man! I'm hoping for a swift recovery. Feel free to surge ahead and nail 405
    I know you'll be back on track soon, Ryan. Best of luck.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Skillin View Post
    I know you'll be back on track soon, Ryan. Best of luck.
    Thanks Adam. One of these days I'll actually complete a powerlifting meet. I'm 0/2.

On that note. Powerlifting has to be the most frustrating "sport." Obviously I don't know a lot about it, and maybe my beef is just with the USAPL. But the fact that they don't do refunds or deferrals is almost enough to make me not compete on principal. I don't enjoy just simply wasting money. They start sign ups like 6 months in advance and they sell out almost immediately (at least the USAPL meet in Brooklyn that they have 2x/year). So you have to sign up way in advance if you want in. Last year I overtrained (ok my fault). But this year I'm having SURGERY. Not to mention a whole other host of valid excuses I'm sure others have of not being able to make it. Obviously I would prefer to compete in Brooklyn since its just a short subway ride away, so it makes sense for me to sign up for these meets. But I may have to consider meets elsewhere in the future with organizations with a reasonable deferral policy. Anyone who knows about this stuff feel free to weigh in

Page 4 of 91 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast