9/22/17

Squat: 365x5

YouTube

Bench: 245x5

YouTube

CGBP: 215x6

PC: 177.5x2

YouTube

Definitely happy about how good the Squats felt. The last time I did this I was 25lbs heavier and was likely a grind. I'm going to look back in the log and see if I have a vid. Feeling confident about PR'ing my 5RM squat at a much lower bodyweight in the upcoming weeks.
    Bench moved pretty well. Getting a little elbow flair but nothing major. Will address next time.
    PC weight is still pathetic but moved pretty well.
    Elbow tendinitis is definitely back but under control so far. However I do see some pre-workout Aleve in my future
    Last edited by Ryan Arnold; 09-22-2017 at 01:18 PM.

Yes just checked Squats. Squatted 365x5 on 8/12/16 at a bodyweight of 250. They were slower than today and I was getting knee slide and not staying in my hips.
    Squatted 365x5 on 3/12/17 at a bodyweight of ~230 and they were slightly slower than today which was at a bodyweight of 220.
    Better form, better programming, better nutrition, better results.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Arnold View Post
    PC: 177.5x2

YouTube

PC weight is still pathetic but moved pretty well.
    Ryan, your back doesn't look particularly flat when you do your PC's. I'd exaggerate the starting position and stay in that position (I just randomly found this video as a good example - pause at the beginning: YouTube). Unsolicited advice, I know, but I don't want to see you hurt your lower back... good luck man!

Man those squats were easy, looked like you were good for 5 more.

Quote Originally Posted by NikhilT View Post
    Man those squats were easy, looked like you were good for 5 more.
    Thanks man. Its gainz I'm after and gainz I shall have

Quote Originally Posted by BBB View Post
    Ryan, your back doesn't look particularly flat when you do your PC's. I'd exaggerate the starting position and stay in that position (I just randomly found this video as a good example - pause at the beginning: YouTube). Unsolicited advice, I know, but I don't want to see you hurt your lower back... good luck man!
    Although we are not always the best judges of our own form, I think my back extension is just fine here. I get it set quickly in order to not lose any explosion when I jump. That does not mean its not set. I find the video you posted to not be helpful in any way and directly contradicts what you just said("pause at the beginning"). The lifter's set up is completely cut off so we have no idea if he's pausing or getting set quicker than me. Not to mention he is using a low hips/look up towards the sky setup which Starting Strength does not advocate.
    Last edited by Ryan Arnold; 09-23-2017 at 02:29 PM.

Although we are not always the best judges of our own form, I think my back extension is just fine here. I get it set quickly in order to not lose any explosion when I jump. That does not mean its not set. I find the video you posted to not be helpful in any way and directly contradicts what you just said("pause at the beginning"). The lifter's set up is completely cut off so we have no idea if he's pausing or getting set quicker than me. Not to mention he is using a low hips/look up towards the sky setup which Starting Strength does not advocate.
    Ryan, sorry, maybe that wasn't the best video to illustrate my point. Here's a better one: YouTube. The lower hips are because the bar is further out during a clean. Anyway, as I said earlier, sorry to butt in... good luck in your training man!

The lower hips are because the bar is further out during a clean
    The problem is that you are butting in about subjects that you don't seem to have extensive knowledge of or experience coaching. Are you aware of the differences between the way Starting Strength teaches the Clean and the way most olympic weightlifting coaches teach it and why?

The problem is that you are butting in about subjects that you don't seem to have extensive knowledge of or experience coaching. Are you aware of the differences between the way Starting Strength teaches the Clean and the way most olympic weightlifting coaches teach it and why?
    Ryan,sorry for butting in... I'll butt out

starting strength coach development program
    Ryan,sorry for butting in... I'll butt out
    No problem. Its totally fine to have conversations like this with differing opinions. Just better on technique forum, training forum, programming forum, etc.

Page 51 of 91 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast