starting strength gym
Page 32 of 132 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast

Thread: Manveer Gets Competitive

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by manveer View Post
    Back was flat on the lower weight sets. Pretty flat on the 460 set, close to unacceptable for the emphasis I'm trying to keep on having a flat back. I'll probably use the same e1RM from today as my target next time.
    Yeah lets see the vid. Since you started focusing on perfect flat back your top sets have been 405, 415(deficit), 435, 460. Up to 435 it seems you were happy with your back position. I would guess 460 was just a little too big of a jump. Just my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Arnold View Post
    Yeah lets see the vid. Since you started focusing on perfect flat back your top sets have been 405, 415(deficit), 435, 460. Up to 435 it seems you were happy with your back position. I would guess 460 was just a little too big of a jump. Just my 2 cents
    Maybe. Maybe I'm just a bit fatigued from last week and I couldn't get set properly. It wasn't a great set, but not the worst either. I'll keep the e1RM target the same next time to get it right. Not gonna sweat it.

Are the front squats improving? I've only ever toyed around with them at the same sort of loads as you're using and concluded that even though they are challenging in terms of a movement pattern they were far too light to be doing anything very useful. I guess they are primarily in there for thoracic stability for your pull?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DeriHughes View Post
    Are the front squats improving? I've only ever toyed around with them at the same sort of loads as you're using and concluded that even though they are challenging in terms of a movement pattern they were far too light to be doing anything very useful. I guess they are primarily in there for thoracic stability for your pull?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Not really improving. It's not like I get frequent exposure to them, so any technical improvements I make are gone by the time I do them again.

I think they are there primarily for quad development. Mike suggests SSB or close stance high bar squats as an alternate. I might do that, as the weight I can hold in the rack position isn't a challenge for my lower body. I'm not really into being choked while squatting either. They do make my quads pretty sore...that's about it.

This is the stupidest fucking exercise. Whoever thought it would be a good idea to put the bar on the front delts and squat should be executed.
    . . tell us how you really feelz

Quote Originally Posted by MBasic View Post
    . . tell us how you really feelz
    From your log:

FUCK LOW BAR

. . . FUCK lowbar
    Tell us how you really feel.
    LOL...almost 1 year later things have come full circle

I got used to front squats when I was younger, I did a brief Oly campaign when I was 15 for a summer, they feelz buttery smooth.

Front squats are a lot like spinach, or anal sex.

Things that are forced upon you when you're younger, you develop an appetite for it later in life . . .

Things that are forced upon you when you're younger, you develop an appetite for it later in life . . .
    Sorry you had a rough childhood.

I have no idea why FS position is so natural for me and LBBS sucks. If only I could FS my LBBS then I would like FS more.

Quote Originally Posted by gtl View Post
    Sorry you had a rough childhood.

starting strength coach development program
    haha exactly....this log went to a dark place.

Page 32 of 132 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast