starting strength gym
Page 91 of 132 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast

Thread: Manveer Gets Competitive

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Nice pulls! Any idea if the jack contributed to the deadlifts going well? ie less fatigue from loading/unloading?

Quote Originally Posted by damufunman View Post
    Nice pulls! Any idea if the jack contributed to the deadlifts going well? ie less fatigue from loading/unloading?
    Thanks! I joked about that, but no, I don't think that actually makes any difference. Crushing lots of volume and my coach's comment that he thought I had 560x1@8 last week had more to do with it. Also, having a shitty squat day usually means I'm less fatigued for deadlifts the next day and can display more strength.

Quote Originally Posted by manveer View Post
    having a shitty squat day usually means I'm less fatigued for deadlifts the next day and can display more strength.
    Exactly. There's a tradeoff. You rarely see someone having a good run of gains on both lifts simultaneously.

OK cool. So more of a "nice to have" than "massive gains add me 20 pounds to you squat AND deadlift in 20 days". Good to know.

I've managed to make little progress on both lifts simultaneously... ☹️

Quote Originally Posted by Will Knowland View Post
    Exactly. There's a tradeoff. You rarely see someone having a good run of gains on both lifts simultaneously.
    Unfortunately. I was on a good run there for a little while with both squat and deadlift.

Quote Originally Posted by damufunman View Post
    OK cool. So more of a "nice to have" than "massive gains add me 20 pounds to you squat AND deadlift in 20 days". Good to know.

I've managed to make little progress on both lifts simultaneously... ☹️
    Yeah, definitely a "nice to have". I've been lifting for about 5 years (properly anyway) and it's been fine not having one. Of course, now I am pulling 5 plate & change top sets each week, so that also makes a difference.

BW (2/21 morning): 235.0#
    BW (2/22 morning): 236.0#

Sleep (2/20 evening): ~6h
    Sleep (2/21 evening): ~8h

2017-02-22 - C2W17D3
    2ct Pause Squat
    385x1 @6.5
    415x1 @7.5
    435x1 @8.5
    385x4 @9
    355x4 @8
    Bar slid up my back on the top single again. Dammit. Tried adjusting my gaze further out to about 6'. Also tried "elbows down", but it feels like I'm losing the "shelf" when I go too far down.

Feels like my entire spine needs to crack.

Video: Instagram

Eccentric-only bench (5ct)
    45x5x2
    345x1x10
    Maybe one more session of this? Getting a little hard to maintain 5ct at the end.

You've been putting in some good work, Manveer! Your deadlifts have been looking really nice!

Also: log post #1 000. Boom!

Quote Originally Posted by Bergstedt View Post
    You've been putting in some good work, Manveer! Your deadlifts have been looking really nice!

Also: log post #1 000. Boom!
    Thanks, Levi! Been working on my deadlifts... they're getting better week by week.

BW (2/23 morning): 236.2#

Sleep (2/22 evening): ~6.5h

2017-02-23 - C2W17D4
    2ct Pause DL
    385x1 @6.5
    410x1 @7
    435x1 @7.5
    405x4 @9
    370x4 @8.5
    Felt strong today. Pausing just off the floor now instead of just below the knee. I'm hoping this will help me maintain tightness off the floor, which should also help my lockout (no slight unrounding of the back required).

Video: Instagram

SG SLDL
    195x10 @6
    210x10 @7
    220x10 @7.5
    220x10 @7.5
    220x10 @8
    I should probably use more weight next time.

Trying to close a deal on a used SSB, airdyne, a couple of junk barbells and a couple of DB handles. Settled on a price, just waiting to find out when/where to go.

Quote Originally Posted by manveer View Post
    Similar, but bands vs. reverse bands have a different feel. Usually I see RTS lifters using bands from the bottom, so I assume that's the preferred approach.

Thanks, Jan.

I've emailed him this morning.

I agree.

Yeah, I know... it's hard to keep enough tension during the wrapping process to get the most length out of wraps (also fucking hurts, I had to undo a few times) I was trying to wrap more but there wasn't enough length. Guys who compete wrapped do this all the time and it still looks hard for them... this is my second time doing it and the last time was about 3 months ago.
    Have you happened to see that RUM video where Andrey Malanichev is getting wrapped? They used, like, five guys. Even other lifters who have wrap experience don't know how he can wear them that tight.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Dag View Post
    Have you happened to see that RUM video where Andrey Malanichev is getting wrapped? They used, like, five guys. Even other lifters who have wrap experience don't know how he can wear them that tight.
    No, I hadn't. Just tried looking it up. Was it this video? Andrey Malanichev Tight Knee Wrap! - YouTube
    Malanichev is one of my favorite lifters.

Page 91 of 132 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast