starting strength gym
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr. GainzZz™ Training Log Part III

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hey Jordan, happy to see you back in powerlifting!

These are the meets I have on you. Obviously at least the USAPL qualifying meets are missing. Would you happen to have records of any of those meets?

The USAPL also appears to have deleted you (and a bunch of other lifters) from their records of the 2013 Raw Nationals, but I found the source document.

I did the Arnold in 2013 and weighed in at 83kg. Went 205/147,5/245 I believe. In 2012 I did the east coast regional championships or something like that hosted by rob Keller in Philadelphia. I weighed in at 83 and went 195/135/240. Other meet I have was in St. Louis in march of 2012 and I went 200/137.5/245 at 178. All USAPL meets

Tuesday:

DL w/ belt, lifters: 585 x 1 @ 6, 675 x 1 @ 9, 505 x 5 x 6
    Press from pins, eye level: 235 x 1 @ 8, 200 x 5 x 3
    Pull ups- BW x 10, BW + 10 x 10, BW + 35 x 10 x 2

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Feigenbaum View Post
    Still, I don't think that the people who coach high level CF'ers -in general- are very good at programming outside of pumping lots of volume in and hoping their athletes are good enough to not get hurt. As I wrote in my article about my experience in CF, there's not a real recipe for success just yet because the sport is still relatively new, but as long as all the modalities are getting hit and you have an athletic client- you might get famous.

What crossfit programming would you recommend to a strength athlete trying to copy what you did? To someone who might be interested in joining
    a crossfit team or at least making it to regionals?

Quote Originally Posted by appleswag96 View Post
    What crossfit programming would you recommend to a strength athlete trying to copy what you did? To someone who might be interested in joining
    a crossfit team or at least making it to regionals?
    Depends how good of an athlete that person is and their previous exposure to crossfit. Making it to regionals on a team depends more on the team also. Could do a lot worse than TZ's strength programming, however

For some reason it seems a bit unethical.
    From what angle do you mean? I'd say it would be unethical, for example, if you released the protein supplement line then, say, republished all your articles to recommend another 100g/day additional protein than previously written, so people would potentially buy more of your product. But you guys here on SS are pretty above-board and I know would never try to pull something like that. I think you'd be in-the-clear to go ahead and do it.

I dunno man I would consider it at least if I were you. Have any of your colleagues ventured into this line of business? Maybe you can ask them how it's worked out and what sort of caveats or advertising techniques they used to break into the market.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by ZB2 View Post
    From what angle do you mean? I'd say it would be unethical, for example, if you released the protein supplement line then, say, republished all your articles to recommend another 100g/day additional protein than previously written, so people would potentially buy more of your product. But you guys here on SS are pretty above-board and I know would never try to pull something like that. I think you'd be in-the-clear to go ahead and do it.

I dunno man I would consider it at least if I were you. Have any of your colleagues ventured into this line of business? Maybe you can ask them how it's worked out and what sort of caveats or advertising techniques they used to break into the market.

Cheers
    Everything in your first post is unethical IMO. While I do think there's a market for good supplements, I don't think peddling them via false advertising and information is the right way to do it or if there's enough margin in there for it to be worth it. That seems to be the general consensus amongst my people in that space.

Everything in your first post is unethical IMO. While I do think there's a market for good supplements, I don't think peddling them via false advertising and information is the right way to do it or if there's enough margin in there for it to be worth it. That seems to be the general consensus amongst my people in that space.
    Bro. He's trolling you.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Baraki View Post
    Bro. He's trolling you.
    Troll vs hypo active scruples. C/w psych

starting strength coach development program
    Weds:

HBBS, no belt- 335 x 10 x 2
    Press from pins @ forehead level- 210 x 6 x 3

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast