starting strength gym
Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 343515253

Thread: JoeLiftsWeights Competitively

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hi Joseph, I’ve been following your thread and the videos for a little while now and am really enjoying it. Just wanted to say hi. I’ve learned a lot about training in practice, and most of all, what is possible. By that I mean that this is a good example to me of what is possible when you do the program.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod J View Post
    Hi Joseph, I’ve been following your thread and the videos for a little while now and am really enjoying it. Just wanted to say hi. I’ve learned a lot about training in practice, and most of all, what is possible. By that I mean that this is a good example to me of what is possible when you do the program.
    Howdy! I am glad that you are finding my log to be helpful. My goal with this log in the beginning was first and foremost to hold myself accountable, but over the years, especially after I became a SSC, its purpose is to lead by example. There are plenty of lifters and coaches that only post their big PR videos. My goal is to show where PRs come from, and how to program through the ups and the downs of life that occur throughout years of consistent basic barbell training.

Squat 355 lbs x 5 x 3
    Press 200 lbs x 5 x 3
    Deadlift 505 lbs x 5
    Video

Saturday, March 16, 2024
    Squat 445 lbs x 3 x 3
    Bench 272.5 lbs x 5 x 3
    Row 275 lbs x 8 x 3
    Video

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Rodriguez View Post
    Howdy! I am glad that you are finding my log to be helpful. My goal with this log in the beginning was first and foremost to hold myself accountable, but over the years, especially after I became a SSC, its purpose is to lead by example. There are plenty of lifters and coaches that only post their big PR videos. My goal is to show where PRs come from, and how to program through the ups and the downs of life that occur throughout years of consistent basic barbell training.

Squat 355 lbs x 5 x 3
    Press 200 lbs x 5 x 3
    Deadlift 505 lbs x 5
    Video
    That’s much needed. While this method is simple and not quite as flashy as some of the stuff that’s out there, I think it’s good to have it documented to show the effectiveness of the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod J View Post
    That’s much needed. While this method is simple and not quite as flashy as some of the stuff that’s out there, I think it’s good to have it documented to show the effectiveness of the process.
    Yessir, I have been lifting weights incorrectly and correctly, for better or worse, but incredibly consistently for over 20 years, and the Starting Strength Method has been the most effective training method that I have ever used.

Tuesday, March 19, 2024
    Squat 405 lbs x 5 x 3
    Press 202.5 lbs x 5 x 3
    Row 280 lbs x 8 x 3
    YouTube Video
    Instagram Video
    If y'all have found my training log and videos helpful, please like and follow/subscribe and feel free to send me any training questions that you have.

Friday, March 22, 2024
    Squat 360 lbs x 5 x 3
    Bench 275 lbs x 5 x 3
    Deadlift 510 lbs x 5
    YouTube Video
    Instagram Video

starting strength coach development program
    Monday, March 25, 2024
    Squat 450 lbs x 3 x 3
    Press 205 lbs x 5 x 3
    Chin BW x 10, 8, 7
    Youtube Video