starting strength gym
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lex_Anderson: The Incomplete Package

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    12-16-16

Bench: Started using a Slingshot level 2 that my training partner bought. This was a test run for the Slingshot coupled with being out all week due to the wife having nursing school finals and me needing to be home for little man. My current 1RM on bench is a meager 317 and I was able to work up to 315 for two sets of doubles and worked at 275 for a few sets of 5. My goal this workout was to learn the Slingshot and how it worked in regards to my benching. It is a very useful tool to have in the arsenal, and it helped keep everything tight for my training partner who suffers from chronic shoulder and pectoral pains. I plan on continuing to work with the Slingshot and figuring out how to use it in my programming, needless to say this week was a waste for training, but family comes before training so its a minor sacrifice to make.

The holidays have really messed up my schedule and haven't been able to get in for full sessions or to get any "real" work done the past couple of weeks, for that I will not waste time mentioning those effortless sessions on here but they are logged in my notebook.

12-28-16

Bench: 275x5x3 (did this as a small reset for the past weeks crappy training, used a Slingshot for the last two sets because I was feeling fatigued.)
    Deadlifts: 315x5x3 (Double overhand grip)

Notes: Trying to get back in to the swing of things this week, life hits you hard with responsibilities and crap. This time I really wanted to focus on getting my double overhand grip stronger in the deadlift so that's why I chose this grip over my normal grip.

12-30-16

Presses: 155x5x3
    Presses 155x3 01-02-17 - YouTube

Notes: Small reset on presses, 155 felt great for 5x3. Did some light bench work at 225x5x3 for 2 second pauses. Wanted to squat, but the time I was there both racks were occupied by others and couldn't afford to stick around any longer after presses, bench and light triceps work.

Back to this old thing for another go! Life's been hectic with my 7 month old and the boss lady working new hours at the hospital the past few months. But be that as it may, Meshuggah and I have started a race to 500 on sumo deads so I feel it best to start this thread again.

Got a cycle in place (thanks to Meshuggah) that should see the event happen in about 6 weeks starting this Monday. Here goes nothing!

05/10/2017

PRESS: 135X3X5, 145X3X5

BENCH: 225X3X5, 275X3X5 (the sets of 275 done with the slingshot)

Routine hasn't really resembled anything as of late except a cluttered mess due to inconsistency in being able to make it in to train. Hopefully I can start to put together something that resembles solid training in the future.

I'm starting my "Super Sumo Cycle" on Saturday. I'll be keeping an eye on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Meshuggah View Post
    I'm starting my "Super Sumo Cycle" on Saturday. I'll be keeping an eye on you.
    Ohhhhhh, Saturday huh? I thought it was Monday? Trying to get a jump start on me eh?

05/15/2017

DEADLIFT (SUMO): 295X15X1

First week of the "Super Sumo Cycle" and it went pretty well. Watching the video I can see that I was dropping my hips lower in some reps and had them in a higher position in others. I guess I'm still trying to get use to the movement and get comfortable in my form. Did double overhand and toward the end my grip started to weaken so I had to switch to straps at the end.

295x15x1 - YouTube

05/17/2017

SQUATS: 315X3X5.

These were a challenge last night as I just rushed myself to keep pace with my lifting partner. Got out of position a few times and felt myself leaning too far over putting stress on the lower back. Next session I plan on resetting the weight back down to 285 or 290 and starting over from there to work on my form more. Squatting barely once a week has been horrible for me, need to rededicate myself to doing them weekly again.

Wife had some major surgery last week so I had to be home to help with the baby so last week was a no go.
    BUT back and better than ever!!!

05/31/2017

DEADLIFTS (SUMO):
    340X10X1, 405X1

These felt good surprisingly after a week off from lifting anything at all. No belt, no straps and over/under grip.

SUPER SUMO CYCLE WEEK 2!!! - YouTube

06/05/2017

DEADLIFTS (SUMO):
    365X6X1

Weight moved really well, I seem to be responding more to this volume of work rather than doing sets of 5. This cycle isn't going to last too much longer, but it is a nice change of pace. Took a narrower stance more like Coan use to use and it seems to be a better stance for me. Everything's feeling great, backs good and spirits are good.

starting strength coach development program
    06/07/2017

PRESSES:
    95x2x5, 135x5, 155x3x5

FRONT SQUATS: 135x3x5, 185x2x3

Planned on doing low bar squats tonight, but upon arrival all racks were being used so I managed to use seated press rack for presses (standing of course). When the racks became available due to time constraints with my child being in kid care that was closing soon I hit front squats quickly.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast