starting strength gym
Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: DirtyRed Attempts Legitimacy

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I really hope you do not move because this shit is gold

There is a ridiculously easy way to solve this problem. Garage gym.

Yes, but for that I'd need a garage, which would require moving.

Don't get me wrong, my ultimate goal in life is to never have to go outside for anything, except MAYBE to hear all the proles tell me how unworthy they are to lay eyes upon my shining magnificence.

But for that I'd need some shining magnificence.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyRed View Post
    But for that I'd need some shining magnificence.
    That's the most humble thing I've ever seen you write.

It's not too late to tell him that you're a deaf tranny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goddamn, what a headache. I was "on-call" (basically the backup day driver for a fucking pizza joint) which was a pain in the ass that threatens to take up my entire afternoon for exactly zero (0) dollars. And if I don't get called I still get to work at 5, so it basically ruins any chance to hoist. I'm going to have an EXTREMELY polite conversation about how if this ever happens on Monday or Friday again I'm going to rip the employee door that refuses to open off the hinges. I texted the manager and asked if he thought he'd need me before 5 or if it was cool for me to gym shortly after noon, he said they were slow at it wasn't a problem. At 2:50 he texts me asking if I'm done with my workout because they got a few deliveries all at goddamn once and desperately needed and extra hand. I had just finished my fourth set of squats. So I leave my belt on the bar, take all of my shit out of the locker and pile it into my car, go back and do my last set of squats, and go to work smelling like a foot. A foot that was past its prime.

THEN went back to bench press and speed deadlift after they got me out at about 8:30. At least TOD seemed to have taken a rest day (it was also raining, the beefwit might have looked up at the sky, mouth agape in confusion, until he drowned), so I didn't have to deal with that.

Once again, everything got done, with less shoulder problems (MUCH less ache on on Friday, hopefully it isn't complaining for two days like after Friday), and with that "knee" ache at the distal end of the left quadriceps creeping in again. It does help if I KEEP MY GODDAMN KNEES 100% SHOVED OUT. I think them "sweeping" in a touch out of the hole aggravates the tendon at that end of the vastus medialis (yes, that is a very smart sounding string of words I putzed together), since the ache slightly favors the "inside" of the top of the knee.

Volume Day 4
    Squats:
    5x5 450 lbs
    Bench (paused): 5x5 250 lbs
    Speed Deadlift: 3x3 325 lbs

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Herbison View Post
    That's the most humble thing I've ever seen you write.
    My humor is very self deprecating. It helps put the proles at ease so they don't crap their pants in the mere presence of my awesome aura.

Maybe that's why these idiots keep talking to me.
    Last edited by DirtyRed; 01-03-2017 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Niki Sims View Post
    It's not too late to tell him that you're a deaf tranny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm going to keep this excuse on hand for future use.

Alternatively you could call this guy a cunt.

Where do you live so I can make some VD pizza orders?

Really, the weight is looking good. I ll check back in when I can hit 450x5x5.

Quote Originally Posted by SirIrb View Post
    Where do you live so I can make some VD pizza orders?

Really, the weight is looking good. I ll check back in when I can hit 450x5x5.
    Our ever expanding delivery radius still does not include North Carolina.

starting strength coach development program
    My dumb ass lost the Gatorade water bottle I use to drink pre-workout in the vast chasm of the backseat of my car. So I went to Dick's on the way to the gym to get another. I wouldn't have mentioned, if I didn't stumble across TOD in the Dick's. I must have been horrifyingly cruel to puppies in a past life. He informed me that he was there to get ankle wraps for basketball. I assumed he meant the kind of pull-on elastic braces you could get at Walgreens, as DirtyRed once got one of them back in the day when he was scrawny and played basketball and the outside of his ankle started to ache. But no, TOD corrected me, he was looking to get weighted ankle thingies so that he could dunk.

Nothing like TOD to put the minor stupidity of losing a water bottle in maybe 100 cubic feet of space into perspective.

Something something blah blah some nonsense about getting down to 8% bodyfat to be shredded by summer, blah blah. Then he asked if I was on my way to the gym. I should have told him I witnessed acts by the Russian mafia and had to flee to Mexico or some shit and wanted a water bottle for the trip, but I just told him that I was. He said he'd see me there.

Those poor puppies.

But it was Light Day, so nothing important happened, and my shoulder is still goddamn aching. Right at the acromion process or whatever it's called. I don't know if that's a symptom of biceps tendon impingement, which seems likely given I appear to have irritated it bench pressing (and it didn't ache any more than it already was when I did the standing presses), or if my uniquely dumb ass managed to sprain the AC joint or some such by bench pressing. It also aches like a motherfucker when I first wake up because I seem to invariably roll over onto that shoulder and jam my humerus into the shoulder and my collarbone into my neck. If it doesn't get better by ignoring it and bench pressing anyway, I might drop bench press for the last few weeks of this cycle (which will probably be over the first week of February, if not the week before, anyway) and let it recover. If I'm to get that 1,445 lbs total I think I need to qualify for national meets as a 105 kg RAW lifter, I'm going to need to at least hit that 315 lbs bench press I did back in December, which I will be unable to do if I well and goodly blow out my fucking shoulder.

I'm ALSO the exact same 235 lbs I was when I started this cycle, in spite of wanting to be over 240 lbs by the end of it. So I'm requesting all of your best Butter'n'Cheese based recipes for fattening up. Unless they're from Hanley. His will involve entirely too much fancy stuff like being able to use a stove without setting the building on fire, and will probably taste like heaven wrapped in J-Law's tits. I want something a caveman could make that tastes like something you'd feed to a guy who was horrifyingly cruel to puppies in a past life.

Light Day 4

Squats:
    2x5 315 lbs
    Standing Press: 3x5 180 lbs
    Chin Ups: 3x8 with life-like water treading

PS: Of all of TOD's shit that chaps my ass, him not knowing the difference between chin ups and pull ups has to be the fucking worst.

Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast