starting strength gym
Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: DirtyRed Attempts Legitimacy

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    hey dirty why do u like speed deads on volume day? (as opposed to something like RDL or SLDL or even cleans???)

Quote Originally Posted by cole205 View Post
    hey dirty why do u like speed deads on volume day? (as opposed to something like RDL or SLDL or even cleans???)
    I used to do power cleans, but the slight knee flex when "catching" the bar at the rack position was irritating that knee/quadriceps pain I intermittently complaining about, and I figured speed deadlifts were the most similar second option.

Also, forgot to update on Friday because I am teh dum, and didn't update on Saturday because my computer is kill. Something about the hard drive blah blah can't boot Windows blah blah. After this update, I won't be updating until I get a set up that doesn't require me to type with my thumbs. Typing with your thumbs is retarded, and I can't even properly swear because my ducking phone keeps auto correcting my profanity. And it takes an hour to type a paragraph. This shouldn't take TOO long, should definitely be done before anything particularly interesting happens like max testing or anything, and I'll keep track of what I'm doing on the same sort of stone tablets MEH used in his early 40s to update the whole thing once I have a proper chucking keyboard.

I also don't know how to bold on phone.

Intensity Day 3.4
    Squats: 5x1 560
    Bench (paused): 5x1 295
    Deadlift: 3x1 510

It's times like this that confirm my belief that everyone should have entrance music. Well, everyone except Mikey, who would probably have some godawful Rush song (but that's redundant) as his. As a matter of fact...

There, some public domain (I think) entrance music for DirtyRed and his ego.

So, yeah, the hard drive of my old computer failed irreparably after a decade of faithful service. SO MANY GODDAMN REACTION GIFS lost to the sands of time. I figured that was as good of an excuse as any to upgrade to a PC that could play video games more taxing that Frogger without combusting. After a brief wait for the constituent parts, and two days of DirtyRed trying to put together a computer in a manner that can only be likened to how Squidward sculpts marble, and another couple of days trying to get Windows 10 to LET ME FUCKING LOG IN I AM GOING TO SUPLEX BILL GATES UNTIL HE IS NOTHING BUT A CHUNKY RED SALSA, DirtyRed finally has a passable gaming PC.

Pros: I can finally play some Dragon's Dogma again. It's the best game I'll never get a proper sequel to because none of you buttholes actually bought it.
    Cons: I have even less money than I used to.

Also, I hoisted bars in various manners in the interim, but no one cares about that. For the sake of novelty, however, I'll run down what I did in the past week and a half:

Volume Day 3.5 (May 1st)
    Squats:
    5x5 455 lbs
    Bench (paused): 5x5 255 lbs (<-this was crushingly difficult on the last set, a 9.5/10 on the Dirty Red Level of Apparent Effort scale, and why I did what I did on the next volume day)
    Speed Deadlifts: 3x3 335 lbs
    Dips: 5x5 30 lbs

Light Day 3.5 (May 3rd)
    Squats:
    2x5 315 lbs
    Standing Press: 3x5 175 lbs
    Chin ups: 3x8

Intensity Day 3.5 (May 5th)
    Squats:
    5x1 565 lbs (<-Walking back in the last rep, I felt a bit of a pinch in my left knee where it normally bothers me, and it hurt like hell to squat down into the car for the rest of the day, took a stupid amount of Ibuprofen and iced it over the weekend, and it didn't bother me on Monday, will start trying to squat in a VERTICAL rack if available from now on)
    Bench (paused): 5x1 300 lbs
    Deadlifts: 3x1 515

Volume Day 3.6 (May 8th)
    Squats:
    5x5 460
    Bench: 3x5 Paused, 2x5 Touch'n'Go, 260 lbs (<-Split the sets up like that in order to keep doing SOME pause while I can continue to get away with it, and still get the whole 5x5 in without dying in the attempt)
    Speed Deadlifts: 3x3 340 lbs
    Dips: 5x5 35 lbs (<-Starting to get pretty difficult)

Light Day (Today, REMEMBERED, OMGWTF)
    Squats:
    2x5 315 lbs
    Standing Press: 3x5 180 lbs (Triceps still felt a bit fatigued from all the elbow extension on Monday, will have to consider future progression with regards to being fully recovered by Friday)
    Chin ups: 3x"8"

I just stumbled across this. You are much larger and stronger than I thought, especially given your tendency to associate with E&P scum.

Quote Originally Posted by stuffedsuperdud View Post
    I just stumbled across this. You are much larger and stronger than I thought, especially given your tendency to associate with E&P scum.
    Almost as entertaining as your log.

Also ya I get it pc master race. But goddamn the consoles have plenty of games and pc gaming. Fuck. I sit at desk all day every day. If I get to game it's on the couch. Not as baller as my coworker saying "yah I need to get to my 110" tv and 30k home theater and get to Zelda. " I clearly am on the wrong pay scale.

Dirtyred! You got me beat on bench this week. My goddamn shoulder went to shit after ohp on Saturday and all I can do is squat now. And way weaker than yours. Fml.

Needs more stories that belong in the joined a new gym thread. Make Log Great Again.

Quote Originally Posted by stuffedsuperdud View Post
    Now that you mention it, I might be the squattingest regular/semi-regular E&Ptard. Guys like Tom "SumoSexual" Narvaez, manveer, and Mahendra might have a better total though.

PEBCAK Sean Herbison definitely has a better total, but he's too classy and lame to be on E&P enough to qualify.

Regardless, this was just the ego boost I didn't need.

Quote Originally Posted by idlehands View Post
    Also ya I get it pc master race. But goddamn the consoles have plenty of games and pc gaming. Fuck. I sit at desk all day every day. If I get to game it's on the couch. Not as baller as my coworker saying "yah I need to get to my 110" tv and 30k home theater and get to Zelda. " I clearly am on the wrong pay scale.
    Consoles are handy, but a computer allows you to get more out of certain Triple A releases with mods, and has dippy indy games on the cheap, about 5% of which are actually decent (not that it takes a lot of hardware to run most of them). And while a controller is VASTLY superior for shooters, fighters, platformers, action-adventure-ers, and action RPGs, a keyboard and mouse set up is sometimes better for slower paced games, and the sort of explore/harvest/build games like Minecraft or ARK or Starbound or what have you.

Quote Originally Posted by cgeorg View Post
    Needs more stories that belong in the joined a new gym thread. Make Log Great Again.
    I'm sure those will make a comeback, but there was just no way I could spend a week and a half remembering the consistent, unremarkable stupidity that I see on a daily basis. Like, even if I COULD actually remember all of it, doing so would probably give me a tumor.

What is really amazing, is that a hockey team from Tennessee might win the Stanley cup.

Tennessee is pretty much Kentucky?

Quote Originally Posted by Bcharles123 View Post
    What is really amazing, is that a hockey team from Tennessee might win the Stanley cup.

Tennessee is pretty much Kentucky?
    Kentucky is to Tennessee what Ohio is to Pennsylvania. I.E. A trashcan. TN doesn't have an income tax, has better golf courses, generally less shitty people, and Nashville is generally nicer than Lexington. The only thing good about KY is that our Ghettotastic hole in the ground (Louisville) isn't nearly the dilapidated shithole that Memphis is. But then, nothing is the dilapidated shithole that Memphis is.

Sadly, the Predators are about the only tolerable team left in the playoffs. I HAET the Penguins, and want to see Dion Phaneuf beaten to death with Erik Karlsson's spine, AND I would like Edmonton, but it's too funny to me that a Canadian team hasn't won the Cup since 1994. Also, some girl on the cross country/track team back in college was from Edmonton as was all bitchy whenever I tried to talk to her.

"Ew, you smell like divots, blood, and protein powder!"

Bitch, I smell like victory. Victory and brain damage.

But it's a new day, with a new PC, as Spring turns to Summer, and DirtyRed still forgets to update for half a week. The more things change.

Intensity day was mixed. Somehow, I failed the first squat. I'm pretty sure it was some mental bullshit of being in a different squat rack than usual while not hopped up on the double preworkout I took at the meet. I'm pretty sure I've done 570 lbs 5x1 successfully before, and once I got my testicles (left them in the car) up, I got all 5 singles with the proper weight. Nothing like doing MORE work to accomplish the same goddamn thing. Everything else went smoothly.

Intensity Day 3.6
    Squats:
    5x1 570 lbs
    Bench (paused): 5x1 305 lbs
    Deadlifts: 3x1 520 lbs

Volume Day was the same usual "Everything got done, mild knee ache, icing it now, don't touch my stuff if I OD on Advil" spiel that Volume Day has turned into. The knee ache was considerably less than LAST time my knee was bugging me (no problems getting into the goddamn car), which is nice.

But you should have seen the shit I seen. I seen it, I seen some curlbro so dedicated to skipping leg day that he was rolling himself around the gym on a wheeled chair. What has science wrought?!

There was also some narrow scrub quarter squatting LMAO1PLAYT, which might have been the bigger crime against quadriceps, now that I think about it.

Volume Day 3.7
    Squat:
    5x5 465 lbs
    Bench: 3x5 paused, 2x5 Touch'n'Go 265 lbs
    Speed Deadlifts: 3x3 345 lbs
    Dips: 5x5 40 lbs

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyRed View Post
    And while a controller is VASTLY superior for shooters, fighters, platformers, action-adventure-ers, and action RPGs, a keyboard and mouse set up is sometimes better for slower paced games, and the sort of explore/harvest/build games like Minecraft or ARK or Starbound or what have you.
    KB+M is infinitely quicker and vastly more precise than gamepads could ever hope to be for shooters.

Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast