So, like I alluded to there;

I might be spoiled on meets now. This was super well run and a great environment. Everything that would be in the meet director's control was taken care of in the best possible way. All of the competitors and coaches around were kind, encouraging, helpful and nice to be around. It was a good environment and I don't think I even saw "that guy" yesterday. My first squat was at 130 ish, and my last DL was at 430ish.

Only weird thing that happened was that one of my DL slippers walked off, so pulled in shoes. No big deal.

I definitely want to do another meet this year and get over that 1000 pound total mark. Won't be till after the move, and need to get on same page with my spouse about time needed to train.

Speaking of: For a number of reasons, I'm moving my primary logging over to the other board. I'm going to be running their templates and talking about their methods, so it kind of makes sense. The people who have offered encouragement on this thread are pretty great, and I'll still chime in to encourage your training from time to time, but I won't be over here as much as I have been. Thanks again, to everyone on this board who've sought to clarify, educate, and make this stuff more clear. To the extent you're getting more people under the barbell, you're doing a good thing. All this other drama is just unfortunate.

Upcoming on training for me is a pivot week of movements I don't normally/haven't done in quite some time (Incline Press and Front Squat and Sumo, oh my! Leg Press and Dumbbell Bench!), and then the GPP Endurance template, because while I'm nowhere near fat, I a) enjoy rowing on the erg (as much as one can, that is) and b) the wife would like it. To the young bulls reading: Happy wife, happy life.

After that, I'll have like 2 months where simply getting to train will be a challenge, and having more than an hour at anytime will be a privilege. I'll be running the Time Crunch template during this time. I'm hoping by Labor Day to be settled enough to sign up for a meet in the fall, maybe a strength meet, and prep for that.