starting strength gym
Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Once More. From The Top.

Default Once More. From The Top.

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    It's been a rough year or two. Lots of travel, a couple bouts of living in Mexico and then in Chile. A career change I hope is temporary. Bad habits that rode me down to under 150 lbs.

Now I'm back. I've restarted the very effective ARPwave therapy that restored my knee health and got me to recognize the deficiency I had in foot strength and muscle activation. No more need to drain my knees. I can train again without my joints getting beaten up.

I've been back to training for nearly three weeks and posting my results on Pendlay a Forum, but that place is riddled with bot posts and one just recently infected my training log again. So I figured I'd come crawling back here. Besides I have no intention of engaging in weightlifting again and feel more at home among enthusiastic squatters and benchers.

There is finally an upcoming meet just minutes from where I live: The USAPL Twin Cities Open in Mounds View. It's just far enough away -- in mid-August -- for me to get in a good ramp up to new heights in the 75-kilo class. Last time I was this weight my best low bar was around 360 lbs and my best sumo deadlift was over 440. I hope to do a high bar with even more weight this time in competition as well as conventional deadlift closer to 500 lbs. I don't care that much about my bench, but would be embarrassed by less than 100 kilos.

I started with a bench of 145x5 and a back squat of 185x5 three weeks ago on May 7 at 150 lbs. Here are today's numbers...

Bench Press
    45x20x2
    95x10
    135x5
    155x3x8

Back Squat, high heels, knee sleeves
    45x10
    135x5
    185x3
    225x2
    245x1
    255x1
    265x1
    225x2x6

Dumbbell Row, semi-supinated grip
    55x8
    80x5
    90x8,5

Weight in a.m.: 158

Welcome back!

Gary, you were one of my favorite posters when I first started reading this forum. Glad to see you're alive and well and still lifting. Welcome back!

Holy crap it's Comrade Smolov! Is it time to start another 13x3 = 39 weeks of insanity?

It's good to see you again Gary.

Gary! Awesome to have you posting here again.

Welcome back Gary! Great to have you back on the forum.

Welcome back, I liked reading your posts back in the day.

A fellow Minna-snow-tan! I'm following along.

starting strength coach development program
    Hi Gary. I'll likely be competing in this meet as well. It would be my first competition, and I am hoping for my numbers to be somewhat near yours, despite likely ending up in the 242 class.

Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast