starting strength gym
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Kyle lifting in Delaware

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Back feeling better.

Deads 1x5 @475 5RMpr
    Notes: used slippers for the first time, gotta be honest, didn't love them.

Bench 5x5 @230

Did some squattin'

Squats 5x5 @455
    Notes: surprisingly easy

Rode the PR train today and it was a lot of fun. I'm 3 weeks and 2 days away from my meet so I wore my singlet and stuff for the first time. Felt weird but I'm glad I did it today for the first time and not at the meet.

On another note, with this close to the meet I switched from 5s to 3s and did a bit of an extra jump. I'm not going to do a crazy taper, but a little one.

Squats 1x3 @525 PR
    Notes: These moved super fast and felt great. It's always fun to set a new PR with a set of 3 or 5

Bench 1x3 @295 PR
    Notes: I really attacked these this time and they flew. Next week I'll mark off another sticker weight and I feel much more hopeful of benching 330+ at the meet.

Deads 1x3 @500 3RMPR
    Notes: These were a touch more grindy than I would have liked, but then I looked at my video and it went really fast, so I guess I won't trust my lying feelings.

Little bit of volume today. Felt kind of crappy going into the gym but then felt tons better once I actually started lifting.

Deads 2x5 @405

Bench 5x5 @235

Another volume day! Good times.

Squat 5x5 @460
    Notes: I was unfocused or something on the first set because it was terrible. I was up on my toes the whole time and just all messed up. Sets 2-4 were good, though.

Curlz 3x10 @60

Damn, can't hit legs today, it's the Vernal Equinox.

Today had ups and downs. On the upside, I got a super easy squat PR. On the downside, I re-aggravated my tweaked lat is a big way. We shall see what it happens, but the meet is two weeks and two days away so I think I'd have preferred it if this hadn't happened.

Squat 1 @545 PR
    Notes: I was going to do a top set of three here but I cut it off at a single. Oddly the lat didn't hurt when it was under load, but the moment the bar was in the rack and the compression was gone it burned like crazy. I thought about stopping at 365, but I just kept going. Only time will tell if that was stupid.

Bench 1 @275
    Notes: I stopped here, the lat hurt very badly, especially when just laying down on the bench. This is when I threw in the towel.

Lots of high rep close grip bench, barbell rows, and presses with just the bar
    Notes: It's hard to find something that really reaches the part that hurts, so I just did a bunch of upper body stuff to try to get some blood moving. Then I had a sad dinner at 5 guys which made me feel better.

Well, I'm 13 days away from the Delaware State Championships, and I just don't think my deadlift is going to get where I need it next week. I'm hoping for a good meet with lots of PRs, but the ultimate goal is to qualify for Nationals, and I need another 70lbs or so. Luckily I'm also signed up for a meet in June, and still pretty much in Intermediate programming so I think I can make it.

Deadlifts 1x2 @515
    Notes: These were way harder than I was hoping they'd be. I was going for a triple but only got a double.

Bench 5x5 @225
    Notes: Pretty easy.

Did some squatting today. Meet is a week and a half away so I'm tapering things down a bit. Also I had to leave the gym quick for my fiancee's birthday dinner. I like lifting but I like survival better, and missing that dinner is not compatible with survival.

Squats 3x3 @455 RPE6
    Notes: I've never typed in an RPE before, I feel a little strange doing it. I blame all the cake and ice cream I just ate, the sugar rush is real man.

starting strength coach development program
    Meet is a week away so I hit some openers today. Squat and deadlift where a little more grindy then I think I'd like for an opener, so I may drop 10 lbs, but I'll think about it. Besides that I just need to convert to Commie and I should be good to go. Going to hit some triples next week.

Squat 1 565 PR
    Bench 1 300 PR
    Notes: Another for the sticker
    Deads 1 515

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast