starting strength gym
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Zappey1 Training Vlog

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Finished up first 2 days of week 4. I dropped the weight down on squats and pulls to help the sciatica heal. I might have to just stop doing them completely if I don't see any improvement with the lighter weight. I did lots of research online and all the non lifter advice said to rest it until it was completely healed. All of the people that lifted said you could keep squatting and pulling as long as you did it light enough. I liked this idea better but I want it healed so if it keeps getting aggravated ill have to just do bench and presses for several weeks.

I have also been finding myself disagreeing with Rip's rantings more and more . So I have been thinking of deleting my SS account.

I could not figure out how to delete my account so I guess that is not an option. Soooo I guess ill keep posting my log for all you interested people. I finished my week 4. I kept squats and deadlift very light. My sciatica is feeling better. Ill probable at least do one more week at similar weights. I might do 2 more weeks. Bench and presses are still going well

I also start a IG for my trainees where I will post videos of their lifts through out the week: Jacob (@vikingstrengthandpowergym) • Instagram photos and videos

Started week 5 Sciatica is getting better! I'm going to start slooooooooooowly upping the weights on squats and deadlifts. put together my new rack. It was nice and secure. I twisted my ankle putting it together. Do not use a cooler for a ladder. Bench and Press is still going well. I'm worried about my chest and shoulder as I goat a tweak in them when I feel of the cooler trying to catch myself.

My 2 cents on homeschooling is 20% of parents should do it. The rest of parents are not great and should attend basic parenting classes and get off their cell phones and pick up a book!
    Last edited by Zappey1; 02-03-2020 at 11:36 PM.

Default Week 5

Finished my week 5. Sciatica is much better I upped the weight 20 pounds on squats and deadlifts. It felt good. I'm going to go up 30 next week on them. Overhead press and bench are going great. I'm expecting some PR's soon.

If you appreciate Novice lifting check the gym instagram to see how all my trainees are doing.
    Jacob (@vikingstrengthandpowergym) • Instagram photos and videos
    I saw some questions on the forum about how to gain experience in training. I started out with friends and family. Then started to volunteer in the weight room. Once I got pretty good I started to charge a little bit and as I gained experience I have gradually raised the amount. I still don't charge much as it is a side hustle for me. I am still working on improving my coaching.

My Sciatica is getting better each week. I'm starting to raise the weights on my Squats and deadlifts slowly. I'm about to tie my OP PR my next workout. Bench is going pretty well also. Recently I had a disscusion about what a BenchBro is. I want to clear something up. A benchbro does not only do bench but a benchbro's one true love will always be the bench. I submitted that definition to the Urban dictionary that has the wrong definition in my opinion. The Urban Dictionary definition was posted in 2018. I was using that term for 15 years before that was posted. A benchbro is also not necessarily a bad thing. Just a little something I wanted to clear up.

Finished up my week 6. Pushed a little to hard Sciatic was acting up after the deadlifts. I think it was from the volume (365 8x4). Next week I'm going to go up 20 but drop the sets to 5 reps. I also picked up 2 more trainees with another potential 2 in the next few weeks. Exciting times for the Garage Gym! I hope to be able to accelerate the amount of equipment I am buying each month.

It is my D-load week this week. I'm starting to increase my weight on my squats and deadlifts. Sciatica is getting better each week. I do not think it will be a PR on them this program. I think unless things go terrible wrong PRs for bench and OP should be happening in the next few weeks.

Real quick rant about fitness goals. Getting faster and better at running (all cardio) is not very compatible with increasing strength. Pick one set a goal focus on it until the goal is reached. Otherwise you get crappy results in both. You can still do the other but just try to maintain in it. Some advice from years of trying both I learned the hard way!

starting strength coach development program
    Finished my week 7. Overhead press went great I easily hit a 20 LB 5 rep PR. Deadlifts felt worse then I was hoping. I only did 3 sets as it was not feeling great. After there was no issues with squats I thought the deads would be okay also. It is still feeling much better but like 65% healed. Still away to go.

I'm not sure how much loner I'm going to post on SS. I find myself wanting to come here less ans less. I tried to delete my account but could not figure out how. If anyone knows how feel free to message. SS as a training system is great (minus some nutritional advice). All the other stuff has just burnt me out. I'm not a fan of rude comments that are not helpful. I also like to hear about facts and not conjunctures of training ideas.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234