starting strength gym
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Zappey1 Training Vlog

Red face Zappey1 Training Vlog

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    This is the second time I have ran through the 11 advanced power lifting program found in "Practical Programming for Strength Training". I got such great results the 1st 11 weeks I'm running it again with increased loads.

I'm going to just link the most recent week (week 3). All the rest of the videos are on my YouTube if your curious. I don't include every set but what I do is labeled on the videos. I will post week 4 on Saturday 11/9/2019

From my last 11 weeks I ended with

585 lbs Squat (belt, sleeves)
    375 bench (PR is 400 before I hurt my shoulder recently)
    580 deadlift

The program does not have you max in power cleans but my best set was 260 2x4 (no PR info) and Press 205 5x5 (PR is 275 lbs)
    My weight is 275lbs
    I have competed in like 10ish amateur strongman competitions and have placed in top 3 in all but 1(I got 4th by 1 point). I want to get my deadlifts up by next seasons so I can compete in pro events. I have also done 3 power lifting meets years ago when I was trimmer. 1 sanctioned meet 2 gym meet.

Just finished week 4 up. I have to work on my power clean form. I have the least amount of experience doing them. The point where I won't be able to muscle them will be approaching very soon. Other then that everything went well.

Just finished up my week 5. It went pretty well hit a squat PR for reps. Make sure you check out my whole channel: YouTube
    I got some older training videos, strongman videos and hiking

Start of week 6. Views are up but watch time is down. I'm going to try to make a shorter video after each work out. Hit 500 on squats for 5x5 for a rep PR. It was brutal! After I missed my bench reps by 1 rep per set. I dropped the weight on my Powercleans to work on my form. Admittedly it is still not great. Trying the end of workout recap let me know if you guys like it or I should cut it out.

Damn dude! Good lifting. I'll check out some of your vids.

Also, good music selection.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisza View Post
    Also, good music selection.
    Thanks for the support : Amon Amarth is awesome. If your into epic viking metal while you lift! Gets me so pumped it is hard to listen to anything else!

Quote Originally Posted by Zappey1 View Post
    Thanks for the support : Amon Amarth is awesome. If your into epic viking metal while you lift! Gets me so pumped it is hard to listen to anything else!
    I know who they are but have never gone down that rabbit hole and listened to their catalog. I'll put it on my training playlist tomorrow. My usual go to's are Meshuggah , Lamb of God, Mastodon, Slayer, Tool, and Primus.

Also give Man O War a try. They remind me of like a more Viking epic Iron Maiden! When I feel like I'm going to die at the end of a workout they get me pumped to go to Valhalla!

starting strength coach development program
    Week 6 day 2 from Wednesday 11/21. Hit some rep PR's on Deadlift 525 lbs. x5 and a press PR @215 5x5. Felt pretty good. I had a tweak in my butt check/lower back that was getting progressively worse. Although today it feels much better.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast